• Published 4th Nov 2014
  • 5,771 Views, 340 Comments

He Who Wields The Lightning - Onomonopia

  • ...
19
 340
 5,771

Return

Adam could see the trepidation on the face of his foe, but there was an overwhelming confidence on the centaur as well. Black Adam could also feel a number of different magics coming off of the centaur, ranging from unicorn to Pegasus magic. 'And then there are the princesses' magic as well,' Adam thought. 'Is he some kind of magic vampire? I will need to end this quickly if that is the case.'

"And what manner of creature are you?" the centaur roared up at Adam, who crossed his arms while lightning flashed across the sky behind him. "I am Lord Tirek, the new ruler of Equestria! And if you stand against me, I will crush you in the same way I did those princesses!"

"I am Black Adam, former champion of this land," Adam bitterly said as his eyes flashed. "And I will do more than oppose you. I am going to end you, here and now." Tirek laughed aloud as Adam floated down to the ground, uncrossing his arms as he looked up at the centaur.

"You believe yourself to be able to match blows with me? I have the princesses' magic, making me far superior to you!" With a smirk Tirek threw a punch at Adam, who caught the fist with ease before chucking the centaur across the street, where he ploughed through the side of a building. Shock was written on Tirek's face as he rose back to his hooves, looking at Black Adam with narrowed eyes. "There is a magic that I have never felt before flowing through you. You are indeed a worthy foe! Come."

Black Adam threw himself at Tirek with both fists outstretched, planning to end this battle in one blow, but now to his shock Tirek teleported out of the way and created a small sun where he had been standing. Black Adam collided with the mini sun and flew right threw it, not feeling the intense heat that had melted the street around him. "And the heat of the sun does not even faze you," Tirek observed as he snapped his fingers, causing the tiny sun to vanish. "Now I know that I desire your power."

"It will take far more than anything you can muster to strip my powers from me," Adam snarled as he slammed his palms together, eyes locked on Tirek as he cried out, "Nok der shazam!" Bolts of lightning descended from the sky and struck the ground, tearing through it as the bolts all converged on Tirek. Tirek snarled while crossing his arms, creating a barrier of magic that deflected the bolts. He smirked at Black Adam as the lightning vanished, but then the bolts struck the castle behind him and tore it apart. Tirek turned his head to see the destruction before turning back to Adam, narrowing his eyes once again.

"You speak the truth, thunderer! You truly will take everything that I have to bring you down! But my power is absolute!" Tirek boasted. Magic began to form between his horns as he snarled, creating an attack so powerful that even Adam could feel its tingle against his skin. With the speed of the gods Black Adam drove his shoulder into Tirek's chest, planning to tear the centaur in half then and there, but to his shock the being did not tear. "I was forged in the pits of Tartarus! I will not be broken so easily!" A heavy right hand to Adam's jaw sent the god flying through a number of buildings and skidding through the streets.

'He is not as pathetic as the other evils that I have faced in this land,' Adam thought to himself as he shot straight up to his feet, rubbing his jaw slightly. 'Alone, the pony magic poses no threat to me, but with all the magic in the land within one being, it seems that it can match my might. I will have to be more...strategic.' His gaze turned skyward as he looked up to see Tirek launch himself into the air, both fists raised over his head with a look of wrath.

Adam kicked the street beneath him to get airborne quickly, this time throwing himself at Tirek's legs instead of his mid-section. He timed the blow correctly and bowled Tirek over in the air. He spun, the moment he felt himself collide with the centaur, and fired a sphere of lightning into the face of Tirek, sending the howling titan to the streets below. A smirk crossed his face as he looked down upon the dust cloud that Tirek's impact had created, before a chunk of the streets was hurled out of the cloud, striking Adam in the face. Despite not wounding Adam, it was enough to stun him for a moment, giving Tirek the chance to charge up his spell once again.

"FALL!" Tirek yelled as he unleashed the surge of magic towards Adam, creating a massive laser of energy that consumed the dark god. Adam could feel his own magical defenses falling under the intense waves of magic, and with a snarl he held his hands out to try and re-direct the attack, using all of his strength to throw the magic blast towards the Everfree Forest. A flash like a bomb went off, and when Adam could see the forest again, there was nothing left of it to see...only a barren wasteland.

"Do you see now what I am capable of?" Tirek bellowed as Adam turned his wrath-filled eyes back towards Tirek. "The Everfree Forest was beyond pony control and yet with one attack I reduced it to cinders! You cannot hope to--" A right hand to Tirek's jaw silenced the titan's boasting and hurled him through the city. He crashed through the side of the castle and skidded to a stop in front of the throne of Equestria, snarling as he rose, and he turned to see Adam flying towards him.

"I have fought beings far more threatening than a half-breed that can only gain power by taking it from others!" Adam roared as he slipped underneath of the right punch Tirek threw, stopping beneath his lower half so he could drive his fist into Tirek's stomach. Tirek went straight up and collided with the ceiling, sending him crashing back down to the floor. He shook his head with a groan as he tried to get up, but then he saw a shadow cast itself over him.

"You desire the throne that much?" Adam asked him as Tirek looked up, turning to see Black Adam holding Celestia's throne above his head with one hand. "Then it is yours!" Black Adam cast the throne down upon Tirek, crushing him with the seat of the Ruler of Equestria. Tirek bellowed in rage as he burst through the stone and slammed into Adam, driving the two of them through the castle windows. Tirek held Black Adam in front of him as they collided into the streets below, shaking the city from the impact.

"You dare to mock me?!" Tirek roared as he used is hooves to hold Black Adam's arms down, while his fists introduced themselves to Adam's face multiple times. "I am a god, filled with more magical power than you could ever comprehend! But as a matter of fact," Tirek said with a large grin as he remembered what fueled Black Adam. "I could do with a bit more." He opened his mouth wide, preparing to suck the very magic out of Black Adam.

"Alakazam!" Adam yelled as he flexed his arms, using the force of the flex to push Tirek's hooves off of him. Adam raised his hands as the spell took effect and he pointed his first two fingers at Tirek's mouth, sending a blast of blue lightning into the centaur's mouth. Tirek screamed with pain as the lightning fried his face, causing him to fall to his knees. "Keep your mouth shut. You'll live longer." Adam struck the titan in the jaw and sent him across the sky once again, watching as he landed back within the city.

"It will take more than that to keep me down," Tirek snarled as he fought back to his hooves, pushing the tons of rubble off of him with ease. Tirek watched as Black Adam came flying towards him with incredible speeds, giving him just enough time to act. His horns glowed as he created a small portal in front of himself, smirking as he watched Adam fly right into it. He closed that portal and stuck out his fist, opening a new portal ten feet in front of his hand. Adam came flying right through that portal and flew himself into a right hand, knocking him to the ground where he tumbled a bit.

"Your petty tricks will not defeat me!" Adam snarled as he turned and let lightning lance from his fingertips, causing Tirek to smirk as he created another portal that swallowed the lightning. Adam looked at him in confusion for a moment before Tirek snapped his fingers again and Adam felt his own power strike him in the back, hurling him into the streets. Tirek's horns glowed again as he lifted the stunned Black Adam with his magic, a smile of victory on his face.

"How does it feel to have your own power used against you?" Tirek bragged before swinging his arm down, causing the magic that held Adam aloft to drive him into the streets. A flick of his wrist sent Adam careening through a number of homes that had belonged to the citizens, bringing them down behind him. Tirek raised both his arms into the air, levitating five houses over where Black Adam was getting back up. A smile and a flick of his arms was enough to send the houses down to bury his foe. "You are indeed a strong foe, but not even you can--"

Adam burst out of the tomb with a flash of lightning and hurled himself through the air towards Tirek with enough force the blow away the houses that had not already fallen. Adam hit Tirek hard, and the centaur felt himself sail through the air. Black Adam appeared behind the flying Tirek and slammed both of his fists into his body, sending the centaur into and through the streets of the upper level of Canterlot. Adam lowered himself through the hole he had created to find Tirek staggering back up to his hooves, blood trickling from his mouth as his eyes shot murder at Adam.

"Even the great Tirek begins to tire," Adam taunted as he crossed his arms. "It seems that this fight is already over." Tirek braced himself as Black Adam prepared his last attack, but then, both of them were stopped dead by a sound that neither of them expected to hear--the sounds of crying and fear. Both foes turned their heads to see a small number of ponies huddled together underneath some fallen rubble. Tirek and Adam both looked at each other after seeing the ponies, a heartbeat passed before they moved. Tirek turned his head towards the ponies and unleashed his magic towards them, giving Adam only a few seconds to react.

'Now is my chance to strike him down!' was the first thought that crossed his mind as he prepared to tackle Tirek, but then the image of the dead Elements flashed across his mind. With a snarl Adam spun on a dime and hurled himself in front of the ponies, bracing as he felt the magic beam strike him in the back. With a roar, Black Adam turned and caught the magic laser in his hands, snarling as he drew back one fist. He then threw a blow with all of his might, a blow powerful enough to send the laser flying back to its owner, and striking Tirek in the face. "What...are you fools...still doing here?!" he managed to snarl out as he drove his feet through the ground to keep himself from falling over.

"We...we couldn't get out in time," one of them muttered with fear in their eyes. Adam frowned as he rose to his full height, but with a hint of surprise he saw some of the younger ponies looking up at him with awe in their eyes.

"Then leave. This is not a safe place." The sounds of rubble moving gained his attention and Adam threw himself towards the moving rubble, catching Tirek in the gut right as he burst through the debris. Adam took the both of them into the sky above Canterlot where he lifted Tirek over his head, aiming the centaur for the land outside of Ponyville. With a power that could break the earth, Adam hurled Tirek, who reached the dirt in a matter of seconds.

'His endurance is beyond what I expected,' Adam thought as he floated down to the fields on the outskirts of Ponyville, watching as once again Tirek managed to pull himself out of what Adam believed to be a fatal attack. 'But the power is not his own. Yet this leaves me with a dilemma. How can I keep him down?...This has not failed me yet, so I will try it again.' Adam threw himself at Tirek, the centaur snarling as he fired beams of magic from his horns at Black Adam. Adam simply dodged with ease before sliding underneath of Tirek, calling down the power as he did so.

"SHAZAM!"

Divine justice descended from on high to smite Tirek, but as Black Adam rolled out to his slide and turned to see what had happened, his eyes widened in disbelief. Tirek had seen the lightning coming and had opened his mouth as it descended, swallowing the divine magic. "How?" Adam asked in disbelief.

"I knew that eventually you would resort to this," Tirek chuckled as he wiped his mouth on the back of his hand. "I have been free for two years; did you truly believe that I would not learn about all I had missed in the long time I had been gone? I may not have known what you looked like at first, but many a pony told me of the once great Black Adam. Now then, taste your own lightning!" Tirek concentrated with all of his might, but with increasing confusion he found that he could not summon the same power as Black Adam.

"You did not learn enough about me or my power then," Black Adam taunted with a smirk as Tirek tried repeatedly to summon the lightning. "The true purpose of the word is to empower one who is worthy of its might to their ultimate potential, such as myself. You were not chosen by the wizard, so you cannot tap into the word's power. I knew that you could absorb magic, but my magic is not from this land. It is beyond you!"

"I still have more than enough power to deal with you!" Tirek roared as he charged towards Black Adam, snorting wildly as steam escaped from his nostrils. His eyes were narrowed with hate and both arms were extended, not allowing Adam to dodge to the left or the right. Neither option was what Black Adam chose as he flung himself over Tirek's head, blasting him in the back with lightning. As Tirek howled in pain, Black Adam noticed that Celestia was watching the battle on an opposing hill. After driving both of his boots to the back of Tirek's head and sending him into the mud below, he shot over to her.

"Black Adam...how is it going?" Adam could still hear the fear in her voice, but it seemed to be aimed at Tirek instead of him this time. Adam couldn't sense any of her usual magical power coming from her, which confused him slightly.

'So if Tirek takes your magic, he keeps it,' Adam thought.

"He will fall, but he still has your magic and we will need to return it to you," Black Adam replied. Celestia's eyes widened at his words, but Tirek seized their attention when he rose to his hooves with a roar of rage. "Is there a way you can take the magic from him? Strip him of the power he took from you?"

"It...is possible," Celestia muttered as Tirek turned his gaze towards them, roaring in rage. A blast of magical energy followed the roar which would have destroyed Celestia had Adam not scooped her into his arms and ascended into the sky. "If he is weakened enough, my sister and I can strip him of his power! He can only absorb the magic of those whom he is stronger than, and vice versa." Adam gently placed her down before he cracked his knuckles while Tirek roared again, .

"So, all I have to do is beat him until he's less than nothing. That will be simple." By holding his hands close to his golden bolt of lightning, Adam charged his fists with electricity, causing a crackling sound to emanate from him. With the lightning streaking behind him, Adam drove his fists into Tirek's face, knocking the centaur straight to the ground. The electrified fists wrapped around two of Tirek's legs and with a heave, Black Adam chucked Tirek into the air.

"You cannot stop me!" Tirek roared as he tried to aim downwards, but Adam was already upon him and the dark god drove his fist into Tirek's gut. After doubling him over, Adam grabbed him by one of the horns and swung him around his head. With a yell, he hurled Tirek into the ground, clasping his hands together and pointing them at the dust cloud, to unleash a torrent of magic upon his foe. The thunder from the attack could be heard for miles, but that sound was quickly drowned out by the scream of rage that Tirek let loose as he fought to get vertical.

"I will kill you! I will-" Adam shot down into Tirek's side and grabbed hold of one of his arms, twisting it with such force that Tirek almost was forced back down to the ground. Tirek took aim at Adam, but then Adam brought his elbow down on Tirek's outstretched arm. The centaur cried out in agony as his arm was nearly snapped in two, never noticing the fact that Black Adam was no longer right beside him.

"Shazam."

Tirek looked right towards the lightning bolt as he heard the word, but the moment he did so Adam swung his legs around and caught Tirek in the throat with a pair of golden boots. Tirek gagged and doubled over, allowing the lightning to do the rest of the work. Tirek was forced to the ground as the lightning destroyed his physical form, with only the princesses' magic keeping him alive. Black Adam smirked to himself as Tirek collapsed to the ground once the lightning had run its course and triumphantly placed a boot on his chest. He then placed his hands on his hips and held his head high.

"It is over! Tirek has fallen!"

To Adam's surprise, all of the ponies of Ponyville came out to the battlefield at his words. Celestia and the now conscious Luna were the first to gaze upon the destruction, but the ponies that followed their gaze were just as stunned. As Black Adam scanned their faces, he was once again surprised. Half of the ponies looked upon him with fear--the same fear that he had seen in their eyes the day he had killed the Elements of Harmony. But as the other half looked from the broken form of the monster that had stolen their magic to the man that stood over his broken body, their eyes were lit up with something he had not seen in nearly a year. They were full of awe and gratitude.

"Thank you...for stopping him," Celestia panted as she walked over to Black Adam, Adam noticing a number of wounds that he had not seen before. Luna looked in far worse shape than her sister, but the glare she gave him told Adam that she would live.

"What is HE doing here?" she spat as she looked at him with loathing.

"Once again, doing your job," he replied in stride. Celestia stepped between the two before they could start fighting and looked up at Adam with gratitude in her eyes as well.

"Thank you, again. Come Sister, let us return what rightfully belongs to the ponies of Equestria." Luna nodded and the two of them lowered their horns next to the broken body of Tirek, who could only glare at them as they drained their magic out of his weakened body. Then the two sisters crossed their horns and rainbow magic emerged from Tirek, a rainbow that shot into the sky and covered everyone across all of the land. Tirek shrunk back to his small and weakened state as the ponies were granted back their powers. Black Adam could see the ponies begin to celebrate as their magic returned, and for the first time in a long time, a thin smile escaped Adam's lips. Celestia looked around at all of her ponies smiling as well, before she turned back to Black Adam with hesitation in her eyes.

"Black Adam...Teth," Celestia began softly. Black Adam and Luna both looked to Celestia, who hung her head slightly. "Tirek had stolen our magic; he had beaten our forces and he was essentially the ruler of Equestria. Without you, we--" Adam placed a hand on her shoulder and when she looked up at him, he smiled slightly.

"You are welcome." Celestia smiled as well before she tackled his midsection, wrapping her wings around him to complete the hug. Black Adam looked down at her with mild confusion before he gently patted her on the back. Luna growled at the sight before she looked down at Tirek, who still hadn't moved.

"And what do we do with this one?" she asked. Celestia let go of Black Adam and all three of them looked down at Tirek, who lay on the ground breathing heavily.

"I will deal with him," Adam snarled as he reached down and grabbed Tirek by the throat, hoisting him into the air. Tirek barely put up a fight as Adam held him tightly by the throat, but despite how badly he wanted to crush the fool's windpipe...every time he was about to he would see the dead Elements flash before his eyes, and he would remember the guilt that had nearly defeated him. Adam looked into Tirek's eyes, eyes that were filled with fear, fear that he was about to die.

"No...I will not kill you," Adam whispered, causing both Celestia and Luna to look at him in disbelief. Then, Adam's face hardened and he tightened his grip. "But that does not mean that I will let you roam free and give you the chance to hurt these ponies again. Aton-Mahjarr!" A strange lightning coursed from his chest and into Tirek, who cried out once before his entire body was sealed within stone. "There," Adam said as he dropped the frozen Tirek at the hooves of the princesses. "To replace the one I broke."

"So then, what now?" Luna asked with hostility as she glared at Black Adam, who crossed his arms in response as he glared back at her. Both sets of eyes turned towards Celestia, waiting to hear what she had to say.

"Let us help the ponies back to their homes and attend to any who might be wounded," Celestia sighed as she turned back to the crowd of ponies with a thin smile. "First, we make sure they're safe. Then we can talk about what we'll do with Teth."