• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 11,809 Views, 242 Comments

Setting Her Heart Aflutter - Hivemind



(2nd Person x Fluttershy) You like animals. She likes animals.

  • ...
14
 242
 11,809

Part 9

Three Weeks Later...

“Alright! Today’s the day!” Fluttershy happily proclaimed as she clapped both of her front hooves together as you started to position yourself on the couch, preparing yourself for the big moment.

Today was the day that Fluttershy was supposed to remove the bandages that covered the medicated wound on your torso. It was a mystery to you as to how so much time had gone by since the day she found you bleeding on the ground far away from the broken and burning ruins of your old home. The haunting memories of blood, smoke and fire still poked around your mind every now and then, but they were all zapped away when a certain pegasus pony stood by your side in comfort, giving to you all the love and affection that anypony could have ever given.

“Try not to move so much, ok? We don’t want to risk reopening the gash. Are you ready?” Fluttershy asked. You nod in approval. “Alright then...” Fluttershy kissed you on the cheek before continuing, “here we go...”

Fluttershy gripped a loose and exposed piece of the gauze with her teeth and slowly started to lift her head. She then manipulated her hooves to position them around the small bandage length in a roll as she gently pulled on the gauze some more, unraveling a slightly longer section of the wrappings each time. She continued to do this until a full ring of gauze that used to cover the bottom-most part of your neck had vanished. She breathed a sigh of relief and readied herself for the next ring.

“Ok...one down, more to go.”

The unwrapping process went on for about a full half-hour, the only delay being when Fluttershy stopped to take a short break when the first few sights of your wound started to peek out. You kiss her on the forehead and nuzzle her for a moment in an attempt to calm her down, which obviously worked when she passionately kissed you back.

Finally, after much time was spent, the final length of gauze was unwrapped from your torso. Cautiously, and with only one eye peeked open, you turn and gasp when you finally caught sight of the results.

“Fluttershy it worked! Your treatment worked!” You run and pounce onto your beloved, where you then pick her up and twirl her around in the air like a filly with a cherished toy doll. Fluttershy laughed loudly as you continued to spin her about before lowering her back to the ground and embracing her in a deep hug while kissing her multiple times over. She smiled and kissed you back with as much passion as you gave her in that moment of relief.

What used to be a long, deep gash on your torso was now a thin white line that stretched from end to end. It was still visible, but the fur of your coat concealed most of the scar.

“You're welcome. I would do anything for a friend...but you are more than my friend right?” she said as she leaned onto your neck.

“Of course Fluttershy.” you kiss her once more. “But Fluttershy...can I ask you for a favor?”

Fluttershy turns and looks up at you with her wide, beautiful eyes. She nodded.

You pull away from the hug and take up one of her front legs with both of your hooves, rubbing it to emphasis your love for her before speaking. “Please, please let me repay you for all of your kindness.” you beg to your love. Her face suddenly turns from one of calmness to one of surprise.

“Oh no! I can’t let you do that! It was the least I could have done. It’s no trouble at all...” said Fluttershy.

“No Fluttershy, I must. I...I actually have a gift for you. A gift that I have been saving for you for a long time. I wanted to give it to you, but I just wanted to wait for the right moment.” You release yourself from the hug and slowly back away towards the stairs. Before going up, you turn to face your beloved Fluttershy with assurable eyes. “I’ll be right back. Just wait right there.”

You bolt up the stairs and run into main bedroom. Your eyes scan the entirety of the four walls until they fell upon a small brown chest in the corner. You move to over to the chest and open it, and your eyes light up with glee when you find the object that you were looking for.

You reach inside and take out a small blue box, the very same blue box that you had been meaning to give to Fluttershy the day after your house was destroyed in that horrific thunderstorm.

“It’s still here! Thank Celestia...” you silently utter to yourself.

You did not waste another second. You gripped the box in between your teeth and bolted back out into the hallway and down the stairs, where you found Fluttershy smiling while she rubbed Angel’s belly. She stops when she notices your return. Taking a deep breath and releasing it, you walk up to her and set the box down on the floor in front of her.

“Ok, close your eyes.” you said. Fluttershy did as you commanded, still keeping her smile.

“Fluttershy...” you start by saying, “Ever since I met you, my life have been changed forever.” you pause for a moment before continuing, “But on that night, when you shared with me your kindness, selflessness, and generosity to me, I was taken aback, in a good way that is. You took me in during my greatest time of need, and instead of asking for something in return, you gave me something. Something more valuable than anything I could have ever asked from you...love...you gave me love...” Fluttershy’s smiling lips started to quiver as she did her best to hold back a few tears. “And now...I want to give you my love...” You reach down and lift the lid from the box and position it just right. “Ok...open your eyes...”

Fluttershy slowly lifted her eyelids and gasped when she saw what was presented before her. Tears started to form in her eyes and she dawned a smile bigger than any other.

Inside of the box, was a necklace of the finest craftsponyship. A long, solid gold length of metal with silver trim along the edges made up the part of the necklace that wrapped around the neck, but that was not all. On the front of the necklace, were three butterflies crafted from the purest emerald crystal, each of them in a separate position from each other on the necklace and encased in their own gold-plated circular holds. Two of the butterflies were of the exact same size, but the third butterfly was twice their size and it sat on the front face of the necklace in between the two smaller ones. Each of the butterflies had a pair of tiny ruby eyes and a long, silver tail, which truly showed the beauty of the fine neck piece.

Fluttershy could barely contain her tears. She started to cry, hard, but not with tears of sorrow, but with tears of joy and happiness. She slowly lifted the necklace from the box with both hooves and gasped once more once she read a short poem specially inscribed on the back of each the front-most golden hold.

You in my life
Will live eternally
I knew the first night we met
You were meant for me.

“I love you Flutter-whoa!”

Suddenly, Fluttershy pounces on top of you, pinning you to the floor. She grabs your neck and wraps her hooves around it before closing the remaining distance between your lips and hers. She kisses you directly on the lips with passion like she has never shown before. You happily return the embrace with your own dose of filling passion by pressing back against her lips. A single tear falls onto your cheek, then another. Eventually, Fluttershy pulls back to get some air in her lungs after such a long moment of bliss and wonderment. Her face streamed with tears of joy. You leaned up and planted a kiss on each tear that fell, making them go away. When she saw that her face was clear, she grabs you again and pulls you into another deep, passionate kiss.

She pulls away again and you both stand there, staring deep into each other’s eyes. Eventually, you break away from her gaze and look down at the necklace on the floor. You reach down and grip the necklace in between your teeth and bring it up to Fluttershy’s face. She smiles and dips her neck downward, allowing you to slide the shining symbol of your love for her over her beautiful head, then down to the base of her neck. She steps back and stares at your gift once more. She then leans in and lightly kisses your lips before resting her head underneath your chin.

“I love you too...”