• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 11,771 Views, 242 Comments

Setting Her Heart Aflutter - Hivemind



(2nd Person x Fluttershy) You like animals. She likes animals.

  • ...
15
 242
 11,771

Epilogue

Eight Months Later...

“Almost done deary...aaand perfect!”

Rarity steps back from the dressing room podium and smiles proudly at her hard work.

“Wow Fluttershy! You look...”

Amazing!”

Awesome!”

“Pretty darn’ good lookin’ if ya’ ask me.”

Fluttershy’s friends awed at the beautifully-made dress that Rarity had designed for her. The bright, vivid colors of green and blue, along with some pink in the veil, showed off everything beautiful about Fluttershy. All of her favorite colors came together in a single dress that would mark this day as the happiest day of her life.

Her wedding day.

“I designed the side lace myself.” Rarity boasted, even if she knew that it was un-ladylike to do so. “My friends deserve the best, if not the utmost perfect of what I have to offer.” Rarity turned her head towards a nearby wall clock. “And just enough time to spare for me slip into my gown. Be right back!” Rarity grabbed a hairbrush along with a small case of face powder and sped off towards the private dressing rooms.

“Well Fluttershy, it’s your big day. How are you feeling?” Twilight asked.

“Happier than I have ever been before...” Fluttershy calmly uttered.

“Thanks again for making all uh’ us your bridesmaids Fluttershy.” Applejack added in.

“Ya! I’ve never been to a wedding before. I wonder what everypony will think about when they taste the special cake at the reception? The Cakes and I worked super-duper hard to make it perfect! Pinkie Pie said proudly.

“Hey, I think your parents arrived Fluttershy!” said Rainbow Dash as she peeked out through an opening in the dressing tent.

“I knew they would come!” said Fluttershy.

“Of course they came. Somepony’s gotta walk you down that aisle to your forever more love-to-be.” Twilight explained.

“Mmm...forever more love-to-be...” Fluttershy said to herself while she smiled and closed her eyes, relishing in the moment.

“E-excuse me? Miss Fluttershy? The ceremony starts in five minutes...” said a tiny colt pony who came in unexpectedly through the tent entrance.

“Oh! Thank you Pip.” said Fluttershy.

“That’s our cue everypony! Let’s take our places on the altar, c’mon.” Twilight directed her friends to the tent entrance and led them outside.

Wait! Wait! Wait for me!” Rarity ran out of the dressing room garbed in her most formal ceremonial gown, but before she could bolt out of the tent, she turned to Fluttershy and placed a hoof on her shoulder.

“Fluttershy, good luck.” said Rarity.

“And we come to wish you good luck as well.”

Rarity and Fluttershy turned left and right to see who it was that spoke, until both of their jaws dropped straight to the floor when they saw that the two most unlikely characters to visit a small town wedding appeared at the tent entrance.

“P-princess Celestia? Princess Luna?” said a very surprised Fluttershy.

“Yes dearest Fluttershy, it is us.” Celestia started, “When Twilight sent word about your day of marriage, we decided upon ourselves to attend this momentous occasion.”

“Never before has an element holder took up upon the choice to get married. I suppose that you will be the first.” Princess Luna stated.

“W-wow. Thank you. Both of you” said Fluttershy.

“You’re very much welcome Fluttershy. Me and Luna will be off to the side to observe the wedding from a distance, security reasons and whatnot.” Celestia barredly explained while rolling her eyes.

“So with that, I say, good luck.” said Luna.

“And may the force be with you...”

~~~~~

Aaand in three...two...one...”

Right on Twilight’s cue, the traditional wedding music of Ponyville started playing. Everypony rose from their seats in honor of the bride coming down the aisle with her father at her side. She looked off to the side for a moment to try and catch eye of the princesses. Some time later, she saw them sitting about fifty feet off to the left side of the altar, surrounded by her usual party of armored guards. Twilight was glad that she invited both of them so they could witness the first ever eternal bonding between one of the elements of harmony and their lover.

The music slowed to a stop as Fluttershy reached her destination at the top of the altar. She looked deep into her lover’s eyes as the Ponyville ring bearers, also known as the Cutie Mark Crusaders (who were chosen after several days-worth of lectures about behavior and manners from Rarity), walked through the aisle and up to the base of the altar podium, where all of three of them presented the two diamond rings that would tie the knot on the eternal bond of love and serenity. Once the ring bearers backed away off to the side, the wedding envower stepped up to the top of the podium at the altar and began to speak.

“Friends, family, and ponies alike. We are all gathered here today, to celebrate the sacred bonding of these two ponies in love.” The envower turned to Fluttershy to continue the ceremony. “Fluttershy, do you accept this pony, the one you love, into your life, to share and belong, in eternal matrimony?”

Fluttershy turned away and looked deep into your eyes once more before speaking, “I do.” The envower bowed to her and then turned over to you.

“And do you, accept Fluttershy, into your life as a lover, to share and belong, in eternal matrimony?”

“I do.” you reply. The envower bowed to you, then turned back towards the crowd of eager ponies.

“Then, by the power invested to me, and by the power of the elements of harmony, and by the sacred traditions of an envower’s proclaiming words, I now pronounce both of you, married, in eternal bonding and happiness.”

This was it. This was the moment you had been waiting for your whole life. The one moment you had longed for, ever since you first locked eyes with the beautiful pegasus before you, this one moment was finally about to make your life whole.

Then, it came.

“You may now, kiss the bride.”

Not a even a millisecond later, you and your new wife closed the distance between each other’s lips, locking them together, sealing the deal.

From everywhere, ponies cheered, friends chanted your name and congratulatory words, and the love of your life, the kindest, most caring pony to ever exist, cried tears of joy as the kiss deepened.

Unfortunately, the kiss had to come to an end at some time. You both retracted lips and embraced each other in a deep, loving hug. Your mane soaked up most of Fluttershy’s still-flowing tears. Being sneaky, you backed up a foot or two and slipped the diamond ring, which was attached to a long, golden necklace, over her neck. Fluttershy did the same to you soon afterward.

After a minute or so had gone by, you both pulled away from the hug and started down the altar steps towards Twilight and the other girls, who immediately ran up to congratulate their newly-wed friend.

Once all the congratulatory cheers were over and done, Fluttershy returned to your side and leaned her head against your neck in the usual fashion. You moved your head down and locked lips with her once more, but only for a brief moment.

Soooo...” Pinkie Pie started.

“Who’s up for wedding cake?”