• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 11,771 Views, 242 Comments

Setting Her Heart Aflutter - Hivemind



(2nd Person x Fluttershy) You like animals. She likes animals.

  • ...
15
 242
 11,771

Part 8

The songbirds of the morning were among the first sounds of the day to awaken you from what may have been the most peaceful and pleasant slumber in your life. You slowly open your eyes. You find yourself staring at Remi, who was stretching his legs and straightening his back. He caught you staring at him, in which he then scurried over to your face and started to push up against your chin, trying at his best to lift your head.

“I’m awake Remi, I’m awake.” You whisper to your lovable pet as you slowly stroke his back to let him know. He coos with satisfaction. You turn over, being careful as not to put pressure on your bandaged wound.

“Good morning Flutter-, Fluttershy?” The head of your beloved pegasus was not next to your own. You slowly lift the blanket off of the spot where she used to be, just to make sure that she was not snoozing underneath. Sadly, she was nowhere to be found. You start to worry a little, only to have those worries cut off when you hear the sound of clanking pots and pans along with the jittering pangs of dishware. Getting the idea, if there ever was one, immediately, you slowly climb out of bed and gently touch down on to the wooden floor. Remi jumps onto your back and scurries down your tail, where he then scurries out through the open doorway of the bedroom. You walk to the bathroom to brush out any loose and tattered sections of your mane, then you hit your face with a splash of cold water to awaken yourself fully. After making sure that you were neat and presentable, you move out of the bedroom and silently creep down the staircase to the living room, where two platters of vegetable soup along with a plate filled with bread slices sat on a metal tray on a coffee table in front of the couch. Fluttershy however, was nowhere to be seen.

“Fluttershy?” you call out. You slowly walk into the kitchen, where everything was shiny and clean. Where you would usually find Angel raiding the icebox for carrots, you found nothing. Something wasn’t right. You turn and walk back into the living room. Remi was cautiously lifting up a few overturned baskets and curiously poking his head underneath a piece of paper on the floor.

“Flutter-”

Before you could finish your thrice call, a pair of soft lips deeply pressed against your cheek, almost touching your lips. From the softness of the lips alone, you could already guess who it was. Before you could return the kiss with one of your own, Fluttershy walks up to your side and leans her head against your neck.

“Good morning sleepyhead!” Her cheerful voice sounded like that of the happiest bird call. She lightly pecks your cheek again before turning and walking over to couch. “I made breakfast if you’re hungry. I remember when you told me about how delicious the soup was before, so I thought that I would make it again.”

You smiled and kissed her gently on the nose. “Breakfast sounds wonderful Fluttershy.”

You finish off your breakfast and lean against a throw pillow on the sofa. Fluttershy sets her bowl aside and leans against your body, eyes closed while breathing deeply.

“Do you need any help with the animals today, Fluttershy?” you ask. She reopens and turns her eyes up to meet your awaiting expression.

“No thank you.” She turned away and climbed off of the couch. “Speaking of animals, I should probably get started. Some of the animals outside have already woken up, and with twice as many as there was before, I’m going to be a bit busy...”

You wanted to insist your services to your darling pegasus once more, but starting an argument with her would only put you in a guilty mood should you accidentally upset her.

Fluttershy notices your disappointment and walks up to your side, smiling. “But there is something that I need help with!” You perk up at the hint of good news. Fluttershy grabs a pair of saddlebags and places them on your back as you climb down from the couch. “I need somepony to run a few errands for me, seeing as to how I will be busy all day. It’s just a few simple things, a small load of apples from Sweet Apple Acres, a package from Rarity’s boutique, a book from Twilight’s, and few other things that you can get from the market.” She jots down a list of the items she needs, then passes it over to you. You reach over and take the list from her teeth. Your lips lightly brush past hers, causing Fluttershy’s upper lip to brush with a bright pink hue.

You give the list a quick once over before placing it into a side pocket of the saddlebags. Fluttershy motions you to follow her to the door, which she then opens, allowing the warm outside air to whisp against your face. Before you walked out, you turn to Fluttershy and gently plant a small kiss on her forehead. “I’ll be back soon Fluttershy. Are you sure that you can handle taking care of the animals while I’m gone?” you ask her.

Fluttershy cups a hoof over her mouth to suppress a touch of laughter. “I’ll be fine.You don’t have to worry about a thing. Besides...” From out of nowhere, Remi and Angel leaped onto Fluttershy’s back, where they shared a high-five before turning to face you. “I’m sure that Angel and Remi wouldn’t mind helping me out...if that’s ok with them I mean...” The friendly pet duo saluted in unison to show their willingness to assist their caretaker.

“Well alright, but can you do me a favor?” Fluttershy’s ears perked up.

“Of course. What is it?” As soon as she said this, you lean forward and press your muzzle against her nose, causing her smile to widen almost instantly and allowing her cheeks to brush more brightly then before.

“Can you keep that smile on that beautiful face of yours while I’m gone?” Fluttershy giggled and pulled her head back.

“Yes.”

~~~~~

Fluttershy slowly closes the door as she watched the one she loved head along the road towards the town. True to her word, she kept her smile spread wide across her face. Deep within her fluttering heart, she felt like a giddy schoolgirl having just been asked to go to the prom with their high school crush. She felt like jumping for joy, for she knew that today was a special day for her. Today, she was finally going to openly tell her friends about her new relationship. There was so much to do before they arrived. That was why she had given her new love a long list of things to do so she could get ready in the meantime. Remembering her plan that she had thought of earlier that morning, she bent down towards Angel and Remi, who were both standing straight up and looking back at her from the floor.

“Now, do you both remember the plan?” The two animals nodded furiously. Fluttershy squeaked with joy. “Great!”

Three sudden knocks on the front door withdrew her from her thoughts of happiness. She gleefully cantered to the door and opened it. Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and even Rainbow Dash had shown up as a single group for her friendly get-together.

“Oh, hello girls!” She said as she stepped back from the doorway, “Come in. There are some soft cushions near the fireplace for us to sit on. I’ll get some tea started in a minute.” She beckoned her friends inside and directed them towards a circle of cushions next to the fireplace. After making sure that everypony was comfy, she went into the kitchen and placed a teakettle full of warm water onto the lit stove.

As the kettle started to warm up, Fluttershy closed her eyes and relished in the thought of what was going to happen tonight, with both her friends, and the one she loved. It seemed like only a week ago, she was tending to a good friend’s rather nasty flesh wound, but now, with the kindness, caring, and compassion that her animal-caring friend delivered, she was in a love life that she never wanted to break away from. This wasn’t just some silly, typical two-month romance skid. This was pure heaven, and she finally had somepony to share it with.

~~~~~

“Ok, note to self. Never let the Cutie Mark Crusaders handle your packages...” you say to yourself as you brush off the last remaining bits of mushed apple and opal dust off of your coat.

“Strange as to how neither Rarity nor Applejack were home today. Applejack is usually the workaholic of her family and Rarity usually spends the entire day designing some new dress or filling out orders. Oh well, what’s next...” You stop and scan through the list to determine your next stop, which just so happened to be the final stop on the list. “Ok, book from Twilight’s library...oh great.” You suddenly realise that you have never been to the Ponyville library before. Come to think of it, you have never even seen the library. You pack away the list and start to walk forward, completely unaware of where you are going.

“Now, where it could it be?” You turn your head left and right in hopes of catching a glimpse of any sort of building that even remotely resembled a library.

“Please don’t tell me that I have to search the entire town just to find-oof!” Suddenly, your forehead smacks straight into the top face of a large wooden door. You stumble backward a few feet while vigorously rubbing your forehead to get rid of the sudden jolt of pain and ache. You lift your head to find yourself staring at a sign above the door, which clearly identified the location as the Ponyville library.

“Well, that’s convenient, if somewhat painful...”

The bottom half of the library door creaked open and out walked a tiny, purple dragon, of whom you remembered from your welcoming party as Spike, Twilight’s assistant.

Spike rubbed the back of his head in confusion. “Can I uhh...help you?” he asked.

“Oh, uhh...sure.” You slowly rise from the ground and brush off a patch of dirt that had fallen onto your shoulder. “Fluttershy sent me here to pick up a book from Twilight.”

“Twilight isn’t here right now...” Spike explains.

“Oh...” you sigh in disappointment.

“Twilight may not be here, but I can still the book for you. What’s the name?”

Your face lit up at the pang of good news. “Thanks Spike! I think I have the name right...” you dig into one of the saddlebag pockets and pull out the list, “Here!” Spike takes the list from your mouth and skims it over. He then smiles and gives the list back to you.

“Yup, we got that one. Stay here for a moment while I go get it.” Spike runs back into the library. After about a minute or two of waiting passed by, he emerges carrying a ring-bound book that appeared to be a journal of some sort. He walked to your side and stuffed the journal into the saddlebags.

“Thanks Spike. Kinda strange as to how Twilight isn’t home today. Fluttershy told me about how she can stay cooped up indoors with a book for days without coming outside.”

“Well, today is just one of those ‘special occasions’ for her. She and other gals left for Fluttershy’s about half-an-hour ago for a get together or something.”

“Really?” You asked with a confused eyebrow raised above average. You start to question yourself as to the real reason why Fluttershy asked you to run errands for her. “Thanks for telling me Spike. I should probably get going.”

“Ok, see ya!” Spike waved as you trotted away.

That’s a tad bit...odd. Why would Fluttershy not want me to stay?’ You pondered to yourself as you made your way back to the return road back to Fluttershy’s home. As you start off down the road, thoughts of worry, even a very dangerous thought of a breakup, start to enter your mind. Out of impulse, you pick up the pace, your senses heightening and your mind full of questionable worry.

~~~~~

Sooo, Fluttershy darling, I simply must thank you for inviting us here.” said Rarity as she watched Remi pour her another cup of tea and personally hand it up to her, which then she then took from him with her magic, “And I must say that this new pet of yours is simply adorable!” Rarity used the tip of her hoof to scratch the underside of Remi’s chin. The ferret squirmed with fuzzy pleasure and he rolled onto his side with his tongue peeking out from between his lips. The other girls giggled.

“Thank you Rarity. Angel seems to gotten along pretty well with him.” Fluttershy commented as she watched Angel approach Rarity with possible hopes for the same underside treatment. “But he’s not my pet...”

“Oh really? Then who’s-?” Rarity’s stopped when she remembered who was staying with Fluttershy. “Oooh, it’s...”

Fluttershy nodded and hummed out a ‘yes’ before Rarity could finish. Applejack, obviously interested, decided to speak up.

“Yer’ pretty darn’ lucky Fluttershy. So where is this special somepony of yours?” said Applejack with a smug and curious grin.

“Still out in the town, I think, on a little errand run.”

“How’s the relationship going?” Twilight asked.

“Oh, it’s wonderful!” Fluttershy happily exclaimed, “It’s even more wonderful...when you have somepony to share it with. Every since we met, it’s been nothing but good feelings and calm, peaceful days...” She calmly said while drawing an invisible line back and forth with one her hooves on the floor.

“And I could never be happier.”

~~~~~

You arrive at the front gate and quickly swing it open before running up to the front door. You were about to open it until you heard faint sounds of talking coming from the other side. Curious, you put an ear to the door and listen carefully.

“...like?” That single word sounded like Twilight’s voice.

“Kind...caring...thoughtful...what other words could their be?”

Fluttershy?’ you thought.

“That sounds amazing! A pony like that deserves to have you for a marefriend...something like a party!” Pinkie Pie’s voice came up that time.

“Oh, most certainly! Last week, when I was picking a few vegetables from a small garden I had behind the house, I accidentally stepped into a rosebush. My back leg was covered in thorns from the bottom to the top and I was in a lot of pain. I sorta screamed out when it happened...”

You remembered that day completely. It was a great shock to you when you heard Fluttershy scream in pain while you were indoors and cleaning up the kitchen. It put a cold chill in your spine just to think about it.

“...carried me inside, gently set me down on the couch, and very carefully took out each one.”

You recalled that part of the day as well. It took you around a full hour to remove the thorns without hurting Fluttershy. At least Angel and Remi were kind enough to take up the last of your chores. It was a bit tedious, but it was definitely worth it just to see your love smile and kiss you on the forehead as thanks. Some other selfish pony would have asked for more, but you did it out of the pure kindness of your heart.

“...be back?” You were not listening to the next part of conversation, but this time, it was Rainbow Dash’s voice that came up.

“I...don’t know. The list wasn’t that long and the stops were not too far apart...”

It sounded like Fluttershy was worried about where you were. Not wanting to delay your entrance any longer, you knock on the door three times to announce your return. A small compliment of whispers rose up from inside and you could hear the sounds of hooves stepping around on the floor towards the door. After a few more unintelligible whispers, the door opens, revealing Rarity standing in the doorway. After she takes a quick once over of you, she turns her head and acknowledges your presence.

Oooh Fluttershy! Your special somepony has returned.” Rarity steps off to the side, allowing you to walk in. Fluttershy, along with all of her friends, lay in a semicircle near the unlit fireplace. All of them smiled at you, and you smiled back. Fluttershy rose up and quickly moved up to you, where you both kiss the tip of each other’s nose in the usual way that you greet each other.

Aaaaw!” Pinkie Pie must have thought out loud, for she immediately covered her mouth in embarrassment. Everypony in the room giggles. You’d think that Pinkie would have taken this a bit to seriously, but she soon found herself laughing hysterically at her own folly.

After everypony calmed down, Twilight stood up and started walking to the door. “Well everypony, I’m gonna head home to get some more study time in.” Everypony else rises from the semicircle and makes their to the door as well.

“I gotta git’ home too ah’ suppose. Sompony’s gotta start supper for the Apple family.” Applejack tips her Stetson hat to you as she walks by.

“And I gotta get up early tomorrow for weather detail.” said Rainbow Dash.

“I must be off as well. Clothing orders and whatnot.” said Rarity.

“And I got lots of super-yummy cupcakes to bake!” Pinkie shouted out.

You and Fluttershy thank the girls for coming as they walk out. You let the saddlebags droop off of your back and onto the floor, but suddenly, Fluttershy grabs your neck and pulls you into a tight hug, kissing your neck several times over. You hug back and give her the same treatment to her cheek. She pulls back and looks deep into your eyes.

“How much did you hear? If...it’s ok for me to ask that is...”

“Every word.” You reply as you kiss her again. “But why send me out on those errands?” you ask.

Fluttershy dipped her gaze down to the floor, but continued to hold you tight. “I...I guess it was just out of embarrassment...” she calmly replies.

“Embarrassment? Over me?” you let out a small giggle before continuing, “That sounds a bit silly, but then again, I don’t mind.” You kiss her on the nose again before pulling her back towards you in a hug. Both of you remain there for a few minutes before Fluttershy shifts her head around to get closer to your ear.

“Should we...go to bed...early tonight, as in...right now?” she asks. “I know it isn’t that late, but I’m getting a little sleepy.”

Cunningly, without Fluttershy noticing, you bend your legs and quickly toss her onto your back. She yelped and covered her face with her hooves in fear, but a gentle kiss to the forehead made her peep out and smile. She wrapped her hooves around your neck and leaned her head against the back of your own. You make your way over to the stairs and very carefully start move up, being careful as not to damage the precious cargo on your back.

You open the door to the bedroom and start to walk towards the bed, only to be stopped when Fluttershy pokes you. “I think I can make to the bed from here.” she tiredly said. She climbs down from your back and slowly moves to the bedside, but before she could climb up, you bolt in front of her and pull the sheets back. You quickly fluff her pillow and step back, earning you a smile and nuzzle of thankfulness. She climbed up into the bed and pulled the sheets and the blanket over her body. Once she is settled in, you tuck her in and straighten the sides, making sure that she will sleep well tonight in both comfort and warmth.

After looking over your handiwork, you turn and start to walk out of the room, only to be stopped by Fluttershy’s voice.

“Wait!” You turn around to meet Fluttershy’s worried eyes. “W-would...would you mind...sleeping with me tonight? It’s kind of cold, and having somepony...close to me would really help...” Fluttershy asks.

Your inner foal leaps to the top of your heart with happiness. You walk to the opposite side of the bed and pull back the sheets, allowing you to slip comfortably inside. You recover yourself and get settled in. After checking to make sure that you were comfortable, you turn and move closer to Fluttershy, who in turn moves closer to you and slips the top of her head underneath your chin. You lightly kiss her forehead and stroke her mane, earning a few moans of pleasure from the sleepy pegasus.

“Fluttershy, I’d thought you’d never ask...” you said as a late reply.

Fluttershy wraps her arms around you in a hug, and you do the same. You both remain there, stroking each other’s mane, hugging and kissing well into the night. Eventually, you could hear her breathing turn into a steady pattern, indicating that she had fallen asleep. After kissing her once more on the forehead, you close your eyes and fall asleep in her loving embrace.