• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 1,629 Views, 79 Comments

Code Lyoko: Equestria - Pilot Solaris



The barrier between worlds is vast. But there is a way to circumvent it. And one man named Waldo Schaeffer has figured out how to do it. But what happens when that world's inhabitants find what he's left behind?

  • ...
5
 79
 1,629

Desert

Yumi surveyed the plateaus of the deserts. Although there had been activity in the area earlier, it was now quiet. Not even the threading bundles of cable that connected the floating platforms together were pulsing, a sign of XANA's activity in the Deserts and Forest.

"There's nothing to report here, Jeremy," she then said, "it's all quiet. Are you sure Ulrich saw something here?"

"Absolutely!" Jeremy responded from overhead. "He saw them as plain as day!"

"Well, I'm not seeing anything," Yumi continued, "unless Ulrich was seeing thi--WOAH!" Her report was cut short by the sudden sonic boom that rocked the area and the rainbow shockwave that emanated from its source.

"Jeremy! Are you seeing this?" she asked.

"I am! It's like something broke the sound barrier and caused a spectrum effect from its shockwave!" Jeremy responded. "And what's more is that it's leaving a rainbow trail!"

"Well, it looks like Ulrich was right, after all," Yumi muttered to herself, "I'd better go check this out."


Sitting at an oasis they had found, Twilight and Applejack looked in awe as Rainbow Dash came back down from her Sonic Rainboom. Even though she had done it several times in the past (one notably when saving Rarity and another being the connection that the six of them had as friends), it was still awe-inspiring to see her pull off such a move, something only a handful of Pegasi could pull off.

"See? I told you I could pull off a Sonic Rainboom here!" she said, a wide smile on her face and confidence in her voice.

"I guess I shouldn't have doubted you, Rainbow!" Twilight responded, and Applejack followed up with, "Ah think we ALL shouldn't've doubted 'er, Rarity."

"Okay, I'm sorry I doubted you, Rainbow Dash," Rarity sighed, "and I'm a big diaper-wearing baby because I doubted you..."

Rarity's remark caused Rainbow Dash to then respond, "And?" to which Rarity continued with an exasperated sigh, "And I like to eat baby food..." causing Rainbow to burst into laughter while Applejack and Twilight looked on in mild bemusement.

"Oh come on, Rainbow, ya' know that's immature..." Applejack then told Rainbow, to which she responded, "But it's funny!"

"Not to us, kiddo..." Twilight then said.

"Okay... okay..." Rainbow said, stifling her laughter, "it was uncalled for, but sweet Celestia it was hilarious..."

Sighing, Applejack then picked up a rock and tossed it into the water.

It vanished in a pillar of light, which startled everypony.

"Okay, that ain't normal..." Applejack said.

"Maybe it's a portal or something!" Rainbow Dash said, and then jumped into the pool of "water", disappearing in a column of light.

A few seconds later, Rainbow yelled up to the others, saying, "WOAH! YOU GUYS HAVE TO COME AND SEE THIS!" causing Twilight and Applejack to look at each other, and then look at the pool.

"Well, unless you're still uncomfterble with flyin', I guess you'll have to give me a lift down there," Applejack then told Twilight, prompting her to spread her wings, flitter over to Applejack and pick her up, and then fly down into the pool.

After going through it, Twilight and Applejack looked around, and saw a platform underneath the "water" that they could safely land on, prompting Applejack to say, "Okay, Twi, you can let go of me now," to which Twilight responded by dropping AJ, causing her to fall feet-first onto the platform below, landing safely on it. Twilight followed her down, landing somewhat gracefully on her feet and folding up her wings.

That's when they saw what Rainbow had called them down to see.

It was a building, for lack of a better word, that stood tall and erect like a blocky, black, and cyberpunk-styled skyscraper without any windows. Near its base lines came up and glowed a calming, soothing blue while parts of the building's top (including the actual top itself which floated above the rest of the structure) had a glowing blue aura underneath them.

"Rarity... what IS that thing?" Twilight asked.

"That, my dears, appears to be a Tower, the only structure present in Lyoko's Sectors," Rarity then responded, "and according to my notes there are 41 of them scattered across Lyoko's Sectors, 10 in the Desert, 10 in the Forest, 10 in the Ice Barrier, 10 in the Mountains, and one in Carthage."

"Ah see," Applejack then said, "well, can we enter it?"

"I don't see why not!" Rarity responded. "I'd assume you'd just walk up to it and push through its walls."

While Applejack and Twilight argued with Rarity about the plausibility of it all Rainbow Dash flew up to the Tower and proceeded to put some pressure on its walls, causing her to push straight through it and startling everypony else.

"I told you so," Rarity then told Twilight and Applejack, and resignedly, the two Ponies proceeded to follow Rainbow dash into the Tower.

That was the third time Twilight saw it and the second time Applejack and Rainbow Dash saw it.

The eye served as the floor for the Tower, and glowed white. Two of its prongs--the top one and the bottom one, specifically--served as walkways towards the center of the eye and the two smaller prongs served as part of the central platform. Instead of scaring them this time, however, it calmed them. As they walked up to the center of the platform, they looked around. Unlike the outside of the tower the interior was circular and looked like a long tube. Beneath the platform was what looked like a void and above the platform was what appeared to be a smaller platform, and lining the interior's walls were screens of data with binary digits moving up and around them. All the while the three of them looked around in awe.

They were so mesmerized by the sights and sounds of the Tower, in fact, that they failed to notice someone else enter the Tower.

"Who the heck are you?!" the someone said.


Yumi looked up at the Tower. She had traced the sonic boom to its source near the oasis where the Desert's fifth tower was hidden, and had jumped down to the lower platform hidden by the oasis' "water" in time to see two people enter it.

"There's someone definitely here," she said, "and they've just entered one of the towers."

"Well, go after them!" Jeremy's voice said, and with that, Yumi entered the Tower.

Inside were three girls, one flying around with a pair of wings (well, more hovering) with rainbow hair done up in a ponytail, pink eyes, and a semi-revealing suit that reminded her of Sissi, one with violet hair with a lavender streak, violet eyes, a long-sleeved shirt that revealed her belly and a dress that reminded her of her old outfit, and one with cowgirl gear on, blond hair done up in a ponytail, and stark green eyes.

At first, she was speechless, but she eventually snapped out of her trance of surprise and asked a simple question.

"Who the heck are you?!" was that question.