• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 1,628 Views, 79 Comments

Code Lyoko: Equestria - Pilot Solaris



The barrier between worlds is vast. But there is a way to circumvent it. And one man named Waldo Schaeffer has figured out how to do it. But what happens when that world's inhabitants find what he's left behind?

  • ...
5
 79
 1,628

Prologue: Going Home

He looked quietly at the computer. For the past few weeks it had worked happily on its primary program, said program being replicating the breakdown that had caused him to end up in this world, so alien and different from his. Even though it looked and felt like Earth, he still knew that this world was not his--the Sun was strange, the Moon was strange (he had calculated that according to ancient legend the Moon would physically change during the Summer Solstice of 2010, which by all accounts should be impossible), the stars in the night sky were strange, all of it was strange, even--no, especially--its inhabitants; and he knew also that if they discovered this computer, Lyoko, XANA, Project Carthage, or even the other computers like this one, scattered across time and space, the results could be catastrophic. And it would be his fault. So he knew he had to keep it hidden--the abandoned warehouse he had hidden out in for the first few days since arriving in this world (that apparently had been abandoned for years even before his arrival, which was odd because it should have been demolished by now) served that purpose, keeping Lyoko and its resident denizen hidden from the populace. But even with its strangeness and its unusual properties, he had come to love the world he had found himself in.

Maybe, one day, he thought to himself, I'll be able to come back here, maybe with Antea and Aelita. It would be a welcome change. The thought left him as soon as it came, though--he knew that if he were to leave XANA or Project Carthage alone for one day, he would fail in his mission and XANA would probably go renegade. And he knew that every second that he spent in this world more than he needed to would put his mission that much further in jeopardy. So, without further thought, he plugged a delayed virtualization algorithm into the computer with the code necessary to replicate the failure that brought him here, and instructed the computer to shut down as soon as the transfer was completed. Then, he got into the warehouse's freight elevator--something he had restored while working on the computer--and proceeded to head down into the scanner room, where he stepped into one of the three cylindrical scanner cabinets and watched as the doors shut on him. After a few minutes, there was a blinding flash of light as he disappeared into nothing more than ones and zeroes being transmuted across space, and the lights turned off.

Waldo Schaeffer had returned to Earth, and in the process he had left Equestria his greatest creation--a world known only as Lyoko.