• ...
5
 187
 2,715

Chapter XIII: Prepping a Party

Vinyl and I land with a thud! back at Sugarcube Corner.

"Come daybreak, I'm fucking buying us a house. I know we obviously don't want to go through that again!"

We both groan as we sit up, our previous 'mood' having been metaphorically shanked in the back in a dark alleyway and left to rot in a nearby dumpster from the earlier 'incident'.

"What was that 'flashie thingie' you had used, by the way?"

"A mind-wipe."

Vinyl raised an eyebrow. "How'd you get that?"

"Pinkie Pie gave it to me."

"When did she give it to you?"

I paused. "I-I honestly can't remember."

"Do you think that maybe she had given you an 'example'?"

"That's my theory, yes."

Vinyl giggled, reaching a D'AW-o-meter level of 3.3 D'AW (1 D'AW = 1000 d'aws, by the way. For a comparison, any one Flutter-squee is at least 9 D'AW, or over 9000 d'aw).

"You know, Scratchie, you could ask Twilight to help you you train that 'invisibubble' spell of yours so you two don't have to mind-wipe ponies like that again. You're lucky you didn't miss somepony!"

Vinyl and I jerk our heads over toward the stairwell to Pinkie's living quarters and watch as the pink party pony walks down the last several steps into the parlor area, where she joins us, the three of us now sitting in a triangle.

"Pinkie...you have no idea how thankful I am that you're the best secret-keeper in all of Equestria."

Pinkie blushes and rubs the back of her head. "Well, I guess you could say that I'm the 'gatekeeper' and there is no 'keymaster'..."

"Wow...it's been a long time since I've seen that movie, let alone heard somepony make a reference to it!"

"What movie? Ghostbusters?"

"Yeah, I was actually watching it earlier."

"Ah, okay, that makes more sense now."

After several moments of awkward silence, Pinie broke it as she would the fourth wall.

"Oh! And I should probably tell you two that I've decided to count Brendan's welcome party as your new relationship party as well...but only because I had gone so over-the-top with that welcome party!"

"Thanks, Pinks! I still actually have a very slight headache from my hangover, too."

I simply remain silent, with my eyebrows raised, the two mares understanding my surprise of Pinkie turning down a chance for a party, and then simply moved on with the conversation.

"Actually, though, I'd like you two's help for the next party I'm planning..."

"WHAT?!"

Pinkie let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, well, I just don't want to overdo it like I had for her welcome party...which I had literally dragged her to..."

"Ah, so I'm guessing that you'd like my frat-party experience?"

"And obviously my DJ skills?"

Pinkie simply nods.

"Well, first off, you should spike only some of the punch, so that the guests can have a choice. Also -- and this is crucial -- use some food coloring to make the alcoholic and non-alcoholic punch contrasting colors, so as to avoid any sort of confusion."

Vinyl simply turns her head slowly to look at me -- in the exact way that I usually do -- and waited several seconds before speaking. "Okay, so how many frat parties have you been to?"

I laugh. "Plenty. And considering that I was a member of what was essentially our university's 'Delta House', we usually hosted them. Also, I was more-or-less the 'party mod' the vast majority of the time."

Vinyl simply remained silent for several seconds. "...thank Celestia I'm dating you."

I grin. "Likewise."

"What about a theme?"

I turn back to Pinkie and smirk. "Well, a toga party of course!"

"Um...are you sure that's the best ide--"

"TOGAH! TOGAH!"

"Too late now."

Vinyl smirks. "So...I guess this means that I'm going to be playing more 'Louie Louie' then?"

I let out a sigh. "Depends how many ponies choose to drink the spiked punch...oh! And on that note, we'll need to make sure that there's a clearly-visible sign or something that says which is which...and Pinkie, you can stop shouting 'TOGAH!' now."

Pinkie stops jumping -- as she had started doing when she had begun shouting -- and sat back down. "Sorry about that. And yes, I'll make sure of the sign."

"Good. And we should probably cover up the walls, too. There's always the chance of shit being chucked across the room. And usually, that's a rather high chance."

"Bottles?"

"Often times, yes, but it's not limited to that."

"I won't need a net, will I?"

"I highly doubt it, but it wouldn't hurt to have one ready in case you do need it."

"Yeah, even I don't want to take too many risks on this one..."

"Wait...what's the exact occasion for this one, anyhow?"

"That's a good point; I had completely blanked that."

"Well...it's a 'new relationship' party...but...they're both too reluctant right now for one to ask out the other...but it's easy to tell that they're both really into each other..."

"Brendan...you're really good at reading body language; why don't you have the final say? Before we plan a party that possibly wouldn't happen?"

I turn to Pinkie, who simply nods in agreement. "Alright then. So...Pinkie? How 'bout you just hang out with Vinyl and I for the next couple days or so, and point them out to me when we get a good chance?"

~~~

":megusta:"

...of course you do, Pinkie.

"Well YEAH!"

...okay?
~~~

"Okie dokie lokie!"

I yawn. "Okay...I think that we need to get some sleep now..."

Vinyl yawned as well, before wrapping her hooves around me and pushing me over, resting her head on me. "Agreed..."

I slightly reposition myself so that Vinyl and I are more comfortable, then notice Pinkie covering us with a blanket. "Sleep well you two! I'll see ya in the morning!"

I can only really smile before I go to introduce Vinyl to my friend Kirby.