• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 3,515 Views, 39 Comments

Pip's Big Adventure - VanillaBeam



Pip wants to visit Luna. But when Sweetie Belle tries to help him, something goes wrong, and Pip ends up in the castle, but he's also shrunk. Will Luna see him in time?

  • ...
3
 39
 3,515

Chapter 1

It was at least six months after Nightmare Night, and Pipsqueak was sitting in his class, dazing off into day dream land. It was at least one day away from hearts and hooves day, and Pip had no idea who to give his to. The only pony he could think about, is the very lovely princess of the night, Princess Luna.

Pipsqueak has loved Princess Luna since his very first Nightmare Night. He knew she would probably visit Ponyville next year, but he didn't know that for certain. She could just as easily go into the next city, like a famous city like Manehatten, or Los Pegasus. He meant when he said, she was his favorite Princess ever. And here he was, making a Hearts and Hooves Day card for Luna, who he wasn't sure if she would even get it.

As he continued to make the card, Snipps and Snails trotted up to him, and saw what he was making.

"Awwww, how cute. Little Pipsqueak has a little crush on the Princess." Snipps said sarcastically.

"Yea, uh, you don't even know if she reads any of those silly cards anyone sends them." Snails added. The two colts then began to laugh at little Pip. Pip just looked at them with an annoyed look, but inside, he was feeling the same way. What if Luna didn't care? What if she gets it, doesn't even open it, and throws it away?

Pip just shook the thought out of his mind, and directed his attention to the colts. "Well, I guess it's the thought that counts, right?" he said. "I mean, maybe she does read them, and that's good enough for me."

"Yeah right, and going to school and not worrying about getting a good grade is okay with you too." Snipps said. "She doesn't care about little town ponies like us, we're just peasents to her, she's a princess. Just give it up."

The school bell then rang, signifying the end of the school day. Pip put the last touches on his card, and put it in an envelope, and finally left school.

"Good bye Miss Cheeralee." Pip said before leaving.

"Have a good Hearts and Hooves Day Pip, see you tomorrow." she replied.

Pip then went to the mail box, and was prepared to drop his letter in, when he thought about what Snails said. He was just a common pony, not even a full grown stallion, just a tiny colt. And the stallions in Canterlot would probably intercept his letter, so it probably wouldn't even get to Luna. It would just be a waste of paper then.

Pip sat there and slumpped in his thoughts, but then finally perked up, and got the nerve to put the envelope in the mail box.

"Ah, what do they know? She'll probably love it, and who knows, she may even send a letter back to me. I think she'll get like it." Pip said. ".... but, what if she doesn't. What if she only thinks I'm just cute, but doesn't want to be my friend?"

Then the thought dawned on him. "HEY! What if I paid her a visit? Maybe if I get somepony to teleport me to her, maybe I'll be able to see her again, and see if she'll be my friend. And if she didn't get the card, then I'll tell her all that I did with it, and how I made it special for her."

He was all excited at first, but then reality hit him. All of the adults wouldn't dare do anything like that and get in trouble. He would never be able to get there. But wait.... his friend Sweetie Belle is a unicorn. And not only that, but her teacher is one of Princess Celestia's best students. He was sure she could help in some way.

So, with his mind made up, he went home, asked his mother if he could go see Princess Luna, and his mother seemed very understanding where Pip was coming from, and allowed him to go. So now, there was only one last place he had to go before seeing Luna, and that was to see Sweetie Belle to have her help him.