• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 3,515 Views, 39 Comments

Pip's Big Adventure - VanillaBeam



Pip wants to visit Luna. But when Sweetie Belle tries to help him, something goes wrong, and Pip ends up in the castle, but he's also shrunk. Will Luna see him in time?

  • ...
3
 39
 3,515

Chapter 4

Pip had to look around a little more closely to see where exactly he was. The tall ceiling, the awesome architect, and the beautiful stain-glassed windows confirmed his curiosity. He was in the Canterlot Castle. Sweetie Belle's teleportation spell actually worked.

"Wow, I can't believe it actually worked. I'll have to tell Sweetie Belle when I get back. That is....... if I get back. How in the world did I get so small?" Pip said these to himself, until he felt the ground shaking again. He looked around, and saw that it was Princess Twilight once again, coming his way. Only this time, she wasn't alone. Her little assistant Spike was on her back as always.

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY HEARTS AND HOOVES DAY CARDS WE RECEIVED TWILIGHT." boomed Spike.

"I KNOW. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW MANY PONIES LOVED ME." Twilight replied. "THEY'RE ALL SO SWEET."

Pip then got his hopes up. Maybe Luna will be able to get his letter. Maybe she will like it. But at the moment, he had to stop worrying about that same pair of giant hooves that tried to crush him before, were coming back for another try. Pip turned tail, and ran for his life. Twilight seemed to be trotting faster, which wasn't good for Pip. Pip did the same thing as last time, and let Twilight step over him. Again, she did with no harm to Pip.

This time, Pip thought it would be safer with a "giant", than being alone on the floor, and getting eaten by bugs. Pip sees Twilight's tail approaching him, and with one good jump, he grabbed a hold of her tail and was instantly carried off. Pip saw the world around him move very fast from his point of view.

The two giants continued to talk to each other, and Pipsqueak began to climb up her tail, determined to get the Princess's attention. At least her tail was soft, and easy to grasp. But the bad thing was, it was long. Pip held on so tightly, and scaled higher and higher. Until he finally made it to Twilight's flank. She was still trotting, so bouncing around on her rump was very uncomfortable.

"PRINCESS TWILIGHT! SLOW DOWN!" screamed Pip. But of course she couldn't hear him.

The two giants then went into the throne room, where there was Princess's Celestia, and Luna. Pip saw Luna, his heart instantly began beating away hardly. Pip was so happy to see Luna again, that he was on the verge of tears. Then again, Luna was now towering over him like the goddess figure that she was suppose to be.

"AH, TWILIGHT SPARKLE. I SEE THAT YOU HAVE OUR YEARLY HEARTS AND HOOVES DAY LETTERS." boomed Princess Celestia. Pip instantly shook in fear, for Celestia towered even bigger than Luna. Spike then dismounted Twilight to organize all of the cards. This was Pipsqueak's chance to now move off of Twilight's flank, so that way he won't fall off as easily.

When he finally made it on Twilight's back, he was hoping that none of the Princess's would see him, and think he's a bug. Spike began saying who's card went to who. A lot went to Celestia, and some went to Twilight, but no letter seemed to go to Princess Luna.

"How could anypony not send her any letters on Hearts and Hooves Day? Wait, then where's mine?" Pip thought out loud. He looked at Luna, and saw the sadness and disappointment on her face. She really was sad that she didn't receive any cards. And Pip was confused that his card was nowhere in that pile.

"I'M SORRY LUNA." Twilight said.

"OH, I'M USE TO THESE THINGS BY NOW. NO ONE TRULY LOVES ME EVEN A LITTLE." Luna replied. This really made Pip sorry for the Princess.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE SISTER, I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH." said Celestia, embracing Luna in a hug.

"I KNOW YOU DO, BUT NOPONY ELSE OUT THERE LOVES ME. UNLIKE YOU PONIES, WHO GET LETTERS ALL THE TIME."

"LUNA! I LOVE YOU! I SENT YOU A CARD! HEY!" Pip tried to say to Luna above him.

She sighed. "I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NIGHTMARE NIGHT, AGAIN." Luna said, before trotting off to her dorm, with a sad look as she did.

"OH BY THE WAY TWILIGHT, YOUR SISTER-IN-LAW IS COMING TO PAY YOU A VISIT TOMORROW." Celestia told Twilight.

"CADANCE IS COMING?! YAY!" Twilight said, jumping for joy. Pipsqueak on the other hand, was not happy at all. Twilight was jumping, and making Pip loose his grip of the massive mountain below him, until he couldn't hold on anymore. He lost his grip, and flew in the air. He soared for about, from his point of view, about fifty feet away, and a thousand feet high off the ground. This was bad, because he then started to fall again. This time, the floor was going to break his fall.

Pip screamed in fear, thinking this would be his end, and he never got a chance to talk to Luna. Her sad image was all he could see as he fell to his sure to be doom. When just before he hit, he landed in something soft. He opened his eyes, and saw that he landed in grass. Did he land outside?

That was what he thought, until he felt the grass was moving, and him too.