• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 6,605 Views, 48 Comments

All things evil - Flame Bolt



After being defeated by Nightmare Moon, Twilight is transformed into a puppet of darkness. But when she starts to have flashbacks of a certain baby dragon, she realizes that there may still be hope for Equestria.

  • ...
14
 48
 6,605

Chapter 6 - The saddening truth

“Come girls” Celestia said weakly, “I’ll... Find another way” and after a bright flash of light, they were gone.

They arrived back in Ponyville, right outside Twilights library. “We’ve got to go back” pleaded Rainbow Dash.
“Does that include me?” Fluttershy anxiously asked.
“I’m sorry girls” said a regretful Celestia, “If we go back, they’ll destroy us all. You saw how powerful the spell was that hit me.”
The rest of the ponies all nodded in agreement, “but, who’s gonna tell spike?” said Applejack, the rest of the ponies all turned to look at her, “it had to be me” she sighed.

Inside the library, Spike was anxiously pacing back and forth waiting for Twilight’s return. Suddenly, the door opened, “you’re back!” Exclaimed Spike, as the five ponies walked in, “wait, where’s Twilight?” he asked nervously. “Spike” said Applejack, “Nightmare Moon did something to Twilight” she stared at the ground in regret, “she’s no longer Twilight anymore.”
“What do you mean, no longer Twilight?” he asked. He was only met by silence from the group, “Tell me!” he demanded. It was now Celestia who came forward to speak.
“Spike” she said, “you have to be strong, we will get Twilight back but we need your help. Did Twilight have any books on dark magic or curses for that matter?”
“Now that you mention it” he replied, “she did recently read a particular book that sounded along the lines of a curse reference guide. She had asked me to put it back for her, but then though otherwise and told me to leave it right over there.” Spike pointed to a table near one of the windows. They all followed Celestia over to the table. When they got to the table there was a pile of seven books.
“Which one is it Spike?” asked Celestia.
“That one” he pointed, “three books down from the top” he quickly added. Celestia levitated the book in front of her, “The dark magic encyclopedia” she read aloud. Celestia was just about to open the book when Spike quickly intervened.
“Wait!” he shouted.
“What’s the matter spike?” she replied.
“I remember catching a glimpse of the page she was on before she closed it. Let me find it Celestia.” Spike suggested.
“Alright then Spike” she smiled and lowered the book down to him.
“Right, page 237” Spike mumbled to himself as he flicked through the pages, “237... 237, Aha! Here it is, page 237, huh?”
Celestia closed her eyes, spike knew, “How could I have been so stupid?” she thought to herself.
“A transformation curse?” said a surprised Spike, “Twilight prepared me for a situation like this.” he added. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief as there was now a glimmer of hope.
“So how do we fix it?” asked Rainbow Dash.
“Well... It says here that if a pony remembers enough about their past life then they can transform back. It also describes what happens to the victim when the curse is cast.”
“What does it say?” asked Fluttershy.
“When the curse is cast, the victim is turned into an evil version of themselves.” Read Spike, “The caster also has control over certain memories of the victim, often exploiting this to manipulate them.”
“So that’s why Twilight was like that with me” responded Celestia, “she’s not herself because she’s under Nightmare Moon’s influence.”
“I have an idea to remind her of her past life” answered Spike, “If we take a saddlebag full of some of her most prized achievements and possessions then we have a big chance of getting Twilight back. I’ll go and pack it now.” Spike ran up the stairs so fast that no one could argue with him in time.

5 minutes later Spike came back down; or rather fell down the stairs. “My head” he said while rubbing it. As soon as he got up he asked his next question, “so uh... who’s gonna carry this?” Everyone looked at Applejack.
“Are you kidding me?” she cried.
Before she could object further Spike asked another question, “Can I come with you guys?”
It was now Rarity’s turn to speak “Spike, dear, you didn't really think we were going to leave you here by yourself again did you?”
“Yeah Spike” added Rainbow Dash, “you mean the world to Twilight, we’d never leave you behind in a situation like this, Fluttershy you don’t mind carrying Spike on your back do you?”
“Not at all” she replied, “come on Spike, Twilight needs our help”
“Yay!” shouted Pinkie Pie as she threw confetti in the air, “Big awesome adventure thingy”

As they set off on their way to the ‘Castle of The Royal Pony Sisters’ Spike smiled to himself “Don’t worry Twilight” he thought to himself, “We’ll save you.”

Author's Note:

Finally... its done! sorry this is late, a big problem with this chapter was that i had no idea on what to put so it took me ages to write. oh well its finally done now and is a tad longer (if you class 100-200 words as a tad longer). i'm gonna have a break, stupid headaches. i think i'll let spike take over *ahem* SPIKE!!!
"yeah?"
Today's your lucky day!
"why?"
because i'm letting you write the last bit of the authors note, go ahead, I've got a headache to attend to.

"Hey, everypony, hope your enjoying the story so far, i don't know what else to put so i think i'll just wrap it up here and publish it for the author, bye."