• Published 5th Jun 2013
  • 6,599 Views, 48 Comments

All things evil - Flame Bolt



After being defeated by Nightmare Moon, Twilight is transformed into a puppet of darkness. But when she starts to have flashbacks of a certain baby dragon, she realizes that there may still be hope for Equestria.

  • ...
14
 48
 6,599

Chapter 8 – An unexpected visitor

Twilight’s eyes shot open. She just laid there staring at the ceiling, replaying the events, which had happened just a few moments ago, over and over. It was only when she finally got up and surveyed her surroundings that it dawned on her what had happened. “Take my place” the words echoed in her mind. Twilight guessed she was in what was going to be her bedroom, seeing as she had woken up on the bed.

Twilight walked over to the mirror opposite her and looked at her reflection. She was still Eclipse but her eye’s had changed colour from the crimson red they were to their original lavender colour, while remaining slitted. She closed her eyes and turned away in disgust, it was the one thing she hated most about her new appearance, they made her look evil like Nightmare Moon was.

Twilight made her way onto the balcony facing in the direction of Ponyville. A tear made its way down her cheek, she missed being there with her friends and most importantly she missed Spike.
“ARRRGGGHH...”
Twilight never even got chance to look at the silhouetted individual before they fell on her. They both lay crumpled on the ground. She quickly used her magic to light up a nearby lantern to see who or what had landed on her, but it was who she saw that shocked her “Spike!” She gasped.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.
“T-twilight?” he replied and was met with a reassuring smile, “TWILIGHT!” he exclaimed with delight and ran into her welcoming embrace.
“Shush, keep it down or Nightmare will come back” she whispered.
“Oh, sorry” he replied.
“And here I was hoping I’d have to knock some sense into you first” announced a cyan Pegasus.
“Rainbow Dash, I’m guessing the others are here too?” replied Twilight.
“Yep!” she grinned.

As if on cue, they appeared after a sudden white flash and Celestia was with them.
“Princess!” she gasped, “I-I’m sorry about what I did to you before, I should never ha--”
“It’s okay Twilight, it wasn't your fault, we already know who’s responsible for this mess” she reassured Twilight.

Suddenly the door flew open, revealing an extremely angry Nightmare Moon “YOU FOALS” she snarled, “Eclipse, get them!”
“No” replied Twilight, turning to face Nightmare Moon.
When Nightmare saw Eclipse’s eyes it dawned on her “ah, Twilight, ready for round two” she taunted.
“More than ever” replied Twilight, fire burning in her eyes.
“Anypony want popcorn?” asked pinkie pie, producing a bucket of it.
“Don't see why not” giggled Spike as he shoved a handful into his mouth.

The two alicorns charged each other and the epic battle began.

Author's Note:

Climax time!