• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 3,622 Views, 43 Comments

Nightmare - Blackdrag-rose



Allen goes to sleep one night and when he wakes up he finds himself in the body of a pony. One of the villains to be more exact.

  • ...
15
 43
 3,622

Six-Sombra

Nighttime had fallen over Seattle yet again, blanketing the city with dozens upon dozens of shadows as the people slept the night away. The moon was shining in all its glory in the center of the sky and most would say that the night went off without so much as a problem. That was mostly due to the face that most did not know that Sombra, King of the Crystal Empire, was amongst their people and was plotting to control them all.

The Feller Shipping Company, the FSC as many people called it, was located at the edge of Seattle's docking area, surrounded by the hundreds of freight's they transported across the world. This was the housing area of all of Rayger Fell's goods, sort of like his stash of goodies that he collected and transported to his buyers. What most people failed to realize was that Rayger Fell was one of the biggest criminals in the entire northwestern area of the United States. The only reason Sombra knew this was because of the man that had come looking for Jackson had revealed everything he knew about Fell to him.

Fell was a man who had amassed a network of spies, mercenaries, corrupted officials in both the police and the government, and a group of thieves who rivaled Jackson's own skills. His entire warehouse was filled with stolen treasures from across the entire world, anything from a replica of a priceless artifact from a game or the real deal itself. Even now he had obtained a priceless artifact, the legendary Crystal Heart from the Crystal Empire itself, and had put it on display in the direct center of his warehouse.

Even now he had beaten three thieves to death because they thought they were world class thieves that could steal the Crystal Heart from under his nose. They weren't dead, not yet anyway, but if they continued to tell him nothing about who employed them to steal from him then he was going to execute them in the manner of the old ways. He'd likely behead the three thieves and toss their bodies into the water with weights so they wouldn't be discovered in a few weeks time.

The only thing he knew about the thieves were that they were wearing patches with the letters NLR, which meant whatever the heck it stood for.

Rayger was a man in his late forties, what with his pure black suit, his trimmed back grey hair, his polished nails, and the whitest grin in Seattle. He was never going to settle down; he was far too busy stealing priceless artifacts and pocketing the money from the items he sold. He already had three hundred and thirty five million dollars in his name, making him one of the wealthiest men in the entire world at the moment.

"Look, I've had a rough day, what with having to torture you three on my DAY OFF!" Rayger said, twirling around a watch as he thought about the time, "I should be at home, sound asleep in my bed, dreaming of the next heist I pull off in the near future. But instead I'm here, having to deal with three lowlifes who think that they have the skills needed to break into this warehouse. In the immediate area there is only one thief that I even considered worthy of having the skills necessary to break into this area and I'm quite sure he's not interested in this place.

I'll tell you what; tell me who sent you to steal from me and I won't kill you and dump your bodies in the river behind the warehouse. It's really simple, I let you live and you get to rat out the one trying to steal what is rightfully mine. Considering that you have managed to breach the first line of my defenses I might actually offer the three of you a place in the lower ranks of my employees. Keep you all alive to properly train you to be true thieves."

"Sir, Unit 01 has not reported in," said a voice over his earpiece, causing Rayger to look out his window, "We heard a thud and are currently investigating."

Rayger couldn't believe his luck; first he found three thieves snooping around his warehouse and now one of his security guards was slacking on the job. He was going to be executing three thieves and firing one guard by the time the night was actually over. He watched from his balcony, his eyes trained to watch the shadows as his mind worked to figure out what he was going to do to everyone else who disappointed him tonight. He was going to have some fun, that much he already knew.

Before his eyes he noticed that another of his guards, Unit 02, got shot right in the shoulder, knocking him right off his feet as he sailed into a freight container. Strangely enough there was no blood on the ground, almost as if something like a beanbag had hit him right off his feet. Then Rayger noticed that armed soldiers came right out of the shadows, bullets flying into his guards as several were taken down before they were aware of the assault. Before Rayger could even issue the order to begin the counterattack he saw something out of his nightmares walk right out of the shadows.

Walking right out of the shadows, or more like the shadows split so he could pass without hindrance, was none other than King Sombra himself. The ironclad stallion stepped out of the shadows, his cloak blowing as he pinned one of Rayger's guards to the ground. His hate filled eyes seemed to zero in on where Rayger was standing, because when he moved the stallion's head moved with him. Rayger would have been a fool to even wonder why the King had come to his secure warehouse with his brainwashed soldiers.

Sombra was here for the Crystal Heart.

"All units, converse on the north entrance of the warehouse," Rayger shouted into his headpiece, watching the King and his forces get closer, "Do whatever it takes to bring down the ironclad King Sombra and his forces before they enter the inner sanctum and claim the Crystal Heart."

"Hehehe, the third force has come into play," one of the thieves said, making Rayger turn to look at him, "King Sombra has arrived to do battle with the Solar Empire and the New Lunar Republic before turning on the world at large."

Sombra watched at the used to be underlings of the man who wanted him to steal the Crystal Heart attacked the underlings of the one called Rayger Fell. It was quite easy for them to discover the exact location of the warehouse, seeing how the network already knew where the heart was being held. Corrupting the man's underlings was a simple task, so now Sombra had a fighting force that would help him gain the heart he craved without too much worry. Besides, why shouldn't he be on the front lines of a battlefield and crushing his foes like the evil King he was?

Whenever an enemy got close to him he would either pin the foolish person to some random object and move on or he would pound them into the ground so hard that their armor would do nothing to protect them. Sometimes he would even toss a foe into the path of one of his new allies, stopping to watch the unfortunate person become unconscious. No real reason to waste the lives of so many new workers that would be working in his crystal mines or serving as his new guards.

His fun was nearly short lived as a lone enemy jumped in front of him and raised his gun, something that had been explained to Sombra but it went over his head anyway, aiming right for his head. Before either of them made a move a bullet tore through the man's kneecap, making him buckle to the ground as the gun slid across the pavement. Sombra smiled and ignored the conflict around him as his magic grabbed hold of the injured man's neck and brought him close.

"So, you thought you could end me eh?" Sombra growled, darkness gathering around him as he stared into the man's eyes, "You think your so tough, what with your puny suit of armor and the foolish contraption you call your weapon. Do you have any last words before your mind belongs to me?"

"I used to be an adventure like you," the man spat, both words and blood, "but then I took an arrow to..."

Before he could finish the vile sentence Sombra summoned a broadsword out of the shadows and pierced it right through the man's heart. The darkness swirled around the man as he felt his heart stop beating, his mind decaying as he watched his left hand slowly begin to disintegrate before his eyes. Flesh became bone as his body was devoured by the darkness that served King Sombra and soon the man was no more.

"Milord, was that necessary?" Thomas asked, the surprise death stopping their enemy and let their forces breeze through them.

"That joke is soooo old," Sombra growled, his eyes staring up at the box where Rayger was located, "I was just going to make him a slave in the mines, but that joke was so overused that he deserved it."

Rayger watched the stallion and his army tear his own forces a new one, knocking out the vast majority of his guards while the rest seemed to turn tail and run away. He was surrounded, trapped between King Sombra, his own army, the river he buried bodies in, and the decisions that landed him in this predicament. He held his gun straight as he waited for the evil king to break through the door and confront him, seconds ticking away until he was almost certain that Sombra had forgotten about him.

He failed to notice the shadowy mass on the wall behind him that ended up grabbing him and securing his arms and legs to his body. The door melted into nothing as King Sombra walked through the ruined doorway, his eyes locked on the man his shadows were holding.

"So your Rayger Fell," Sombra said, his allies moving to release the thieves while he spoke, "the finder of my Crystal Heart. I must commend you for locating such a priceless artifact, surely you realize the power that courses through the ancient stone? Surely you knew that with the arrival of Nightmare Moon I as bound to arrive in this world and claim the stone that is rightfully mine."

"It is not your anymore," Rayger spat, the shadows tightening their grip on him, "It belongs to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor now."

"Does it look like it matters anymore?" Sombra asked, dragging the man down to where the light blue heart was contained, "The heart is mine now, as it means that everything Princess Cadence and her friends did to keep it from me has fallen and failed. I control the Crystal Heart now and with it I will reconstruct the Crystal Empire as it should be, full of my slaves, workers, and my loyal army. You and your people will make a fine addition to my army."

Before Rayger could even comment the darkness sealed his mouth as Sombra's black magic seeped into his eyes, corrupting him from the inside out. Sombra smiled as the hate filled the man's eyes and the darkness settled into his skin, creating another loyal thrall for the evil king. He cast a look at the three thieves and cast their minds to the pits of darkness, leaving them to wander as new workers in his crystal mines. Sombra would deal with the rest of Rayger's forces later on, right now he had a heart to claim.

The double security doors that were protecting the inner sanctum stood tall in front of King Sombra and his forces, but not against the darkness he commanded. The doors melted under the intense darkness that he used against them, blowing open the way to the one item he had come for. He marched right up to the Crystal Heart and shattered the glass, catching the glowing stone in his magic before it could hit the ground. Now that he had the stone he could turn his attention to rebuilding the Crystal Empire as he saw fit.

And with the building of the Empire meant that he could taunt Princess Cadence and her husband to his lair and take complete and total control of their minds so he could do whatever he wanted to the both of them.