• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 3,606 Views, 43 Comments

Nightmare - Blackdrag-rose



Allen goes to sleep one night and when he wakes up he finds himself in the body of a pony. One of the villains to be more exact.

  • ...
15
 43
 3,606

Nine

It was nighttime now and Nightmare Moon stood on the top of the apartment building that her sister, the Human-turned-Alicorn Christen, and the rest of her allies shared as a joint base of operations. It held a central point in the city, giving them the best vantage point that allowed them to accurately plan how they would deal with Sombra and his mindless horde of ponies. His dark magic was already corrupting the weather around him, turning the white clouds into vile black clouds that filled the skies around his army. It was the only way they could tell how close Sombra was to Las Vegas, giving them plenty of time to plan their various tactics and make as many idle threats to each other before they were at each others throats.

She had left the others alone to plan their assault on Sombra's forces when he appeared, preferring to look out over the city as her night graced the human world. She had no doubt that Celestia was telling the others that she wanted to lead the assault herself, letting Chrysalis take Sombra's flank while she and Discord squeezed them from both sides. Celestia was just a glory hog and the moment that Sombra was taken down Discord would turn on them and turn the peaceful city into a war zone. Nightmare couldn't tell why her sister was ignoring that dangerous fact and was willing to extend some trust to the Draconquues. Celestia had surrounded herself with the majority of her enemies, leaving herself open to defeat the moment they erased Sombra and his darkness.

Nightmare just thanked Faust that she was mostly being ignored at the moment and that some of the more dangerous enemies had stayed locked up in Equestria.

"Nightmare?" a voice called out, causing her to turn around and see Celestia walking her way, "What are you doing up here? We're trying to coordinate our forces and we need your input on what the Lunar Republic will be doing."

"You can drop the act Celestia," Nightmare remarked, returning her gaze to the stars above them, "Stop acting like you care about me and focus on crushing every single one of your enemies. Your the Sun Goddess for Faust's sake. Stop pestering me for information on what my army will be doing and focus on eliminating Sombra before your pet bug and her pests get scared off with all the hate in the air. Or focus on the fact that Discord is just playing around with us and is waiting until we're all weakened to the point where he can simply sweep us under the rug and claim this world for himself.

And the reason I'm up here is because I cannot stand being in the same bloody room as Discord for longer than what is absolutely necessary."

"You need to lighten up a bit Nightmare," Celestia sighed, stopping next to her sister, "Right now Discord is helping us repair the damage he caused by allowing Sombra to get as powerful as he is. After we take Sombra down we can focus on cleaning up the rest of the chaos that Discord has caused and seal him back in stone if we have the Elements. And yes, that will mean that you'll be forced back into my sweet non-war-loving sister."

"Get any closer to me my 'dear sweet sister'," Nightmare growled, baring her teeth as she faced Celestia, "and I'll eat your bucking kidneys for breakfast. You just want your precious student, her annoying friends, and your precious Elements of Harmony so you can imprison those that dare oppose your rule over this pitiful world. I know that Twilight Sparkle and her friends will do whatever you say, no matter what you say, and never question a single word of any of it.

You indirectly asked them to find the Elements of Harmony and blast me in the chest, to return me to my weaker form, and they blindly followed you into the abyss. You sat on your rump when Discord broke out of his statue the first time, sent your precious underlings to find your weapons, and blasted him back to the stone age. You let a bug crush your fighting spirit while all your precious ponies fought for their lives and even allowed the royal couple to do your work for you. And even when Sombra returned you let your underlings harass the citizens of the Crystal Empire and nearly let it fall into darkness, making a BUCKING baby dragon save the entire kingdom for you.

All of this has happened, because you have gotten so lazy that you allow all of your enemies to trot all over you and that you force your student, a single mare, and her friends to cover up for you. You should count yourself lucky that Cerberus hasn't left his post in Tartarus and let Tirek escape into this world. I shudder to think what would happen if Tirek managed to absorb the magic of Sombra's entire empire and the wandering ponies around the world."

"Of all the things you choose to worry about your worried that Tirek will escape?" Celestia asked, raising an eyebrow at her angry sister, "Please, he's so bound up it would take so much more than Cerberus leaving his post for him to escape his chains and break out of Tartarus. Even if he escaped we would feel him the moment he started feeding on someponies magic and we'd all stop what we were doing to seal him up again.

Right now we need to stop Sombra and that means we need your help in making sure that all of our tactics work in sync so we can get onto your warmongering quicker."

Nightmare growled, but instead of running her sister through at that moment in time she followed her sister back into the building, choosing to bide her time until the opportunity came where she could silence all her enemies at once. It wouldn't be easy, but she was sure that she would be the last one standing when everything was said and done. But before she entered the building again she cast a look in the direction of Sombra's darkness, seeing lightning flash as if it was storming. Sombra must have been mad at something.

~Sombra's Camp~

Despite being corrupted by dark magic Sombra knew that his army still required food to keep them moving and sleep to re-energize their bodies, which were the only reasons he bothered calling for them to make camp. So while his army slept the night away he sat in his tent, alone on his couch as his sipped one of the sodas that Thomas had brought along. Sombra wasn't the type to waste time worrying about his body's health or sleep during the night, not with as many monsters that came out during Equestria's night.

If the humans came near his camp his shadow alarms would sound and he could capture whoever dared to get closer to his personal space. He would cast their souls into the pits of Tartarus and corrupt their minds, forcing them to serve him and his army until the bitter end of this conquest. If he was doomed to fail in his venture to overtake the world then he would take his entire army and as many enemies as possible down with him. The lightning he heard was his alarms telling him of some intruder, something that his forces would be able to ignore all night long.

His only question was; who was foalish enough to come trespassing in his camp and expected to get away with it?

"Guards," Sombra growled, taking a swing of his soda before continuing, "We have a trespasser lurking in our camp. I want you to find this pony, or person if its one of these pathetic humans, capture them, and then bring them before me as swiftly as possible."

A minute or two passed without the guards answering, which was quite unusual considering that his spell was designed to force them to answer him. That meant that no matter what Sombra said his guards would answer them, unless he purposely changed the spell to force them to shut up and keep their Faust damned opinions to themselves. But if the guards weren't answering him then that meant he was going to have to tighten the spell some more so they would answer at all times.

"This is supposed to be an army?" a voice nearly shouted, causing Sombra to drop his drink and rise from his couch, "Where is the pathetic excuse of a leader that's supposed to be leading these ponies hiding?"

"You want the leader of this army?" Sombra challenged, summoning his dark magic as he emerged from his tent, "Who dares to pass through the army of King Sombra without being...noticed?"

Standing in front of him was what appeared to be a centaur whose lower body was almost as black as Sombra's magic was, with his upper chest area being as black as night and his arms sticking out like a sore hoof with their red coloring. Sombra noticed two large black horns sticking out of the sides of his head while a silver ring wrapped around his neck. Sombra, one of the most terrifying ponies in Equestria, could feel his blood running cold as he stared at one of the most dangerous beings in all of Equestrian history.

"Tirek," Sombra gulped, being crushed against the ground the moment he realized the peril he was in, "how?"

"Did you think I'd stay locked up in Tartarus without Cerberus guarding the gates?" Tirek asked, the dark magic splitting off of Sombra and gathering around him, "With all of my enemies gathering in this place I can easily gather the magical energy to conquer the entire world and Equestria. You and your army are just the appetizers."

And before Sombra could stop the centaur he collapsed on the ground, withering in pain as he felt all of his magical energizes get sucked out of his body.