• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 3,606 Views, 43 Comments

Nightmare - Blackdrag-rose



Allen goes to sleep one night and when he wakes up he finds himself in the body of a pony. One of the villains to be more exact.

  • ...
15
 43
 3,606

One

"Yep, I'm definitely bucked," Allen said, lifting his front hoof to his face and doing what most bronies would call facehoofing, "Of all the ponies I had to turn into I had to become the Mistress of the Night herself? I can think of a dozen things I could do with a body like this."

"There is only one person I know who has that type of attitude," Christan said, nearly throwing the bags onto the table as he approached the surprised alicorn, "that person is named Allen Keller. There is absolutely no way that you, the Princess of the Night, are my roommate who can't even leave the house. Hell, I bet he's outside the house, breaking his punishment so he can get some excitement back into his life."

"You foal, does thou have any idea who thou are speaking to?" Allen shouted, activating the Royal Canterlot Voice by accident and nearly blasting his friend into the wall, "Oops, sorry dude."

Christan coughed and looked up at the concerned alicorn, still trying to get over the fact that somehow his roommate had become Nightmare Moon.

"There is only one way I'll believe your really Allen Keller," Christan coughed, straightening up against the wall, "Tell me the reason your under house arrest. Don't bother making some crap up to make me believe you; I want to know the whole reason that Allen Keller was under house arrest for three months."

That was a subject that not even the real Allen Keller wanted to touch, yet in order to prove that he is the real Allen Keller and not just Nightmare Moon standing in his living room he had to prove it. The truth was painful and sometimes Allen wished he had never gone through with it anyway.

"The cartel I worked for gave me an assignment to rob a charity building," Allen spat, setting his flank on the ground while he stared at his roommate, "They told me that the building had a hoard of wads of cash, including briefcases, laying around the vaulted basement. I was to break into the building, make sure the guards wouldn't be a problem in the long run, and maybe steal a case or two to prove it could be possible.

The problem was that the building wasn't a charity building, it was a full blown police station with armed guards and the like. Unfortunately for me I was crazy in the head and decided that I just had to prove that i could break into a police station and steal something worth to the cartel. They had some file that would have taken the cartel down, which would have been the perfect present to my bosses. Deliver to them the tools that would have put them away and save the cartel from being torn to pieces early. I got caught, was tried in court, and was lucky to end up with house arrest instead of jail."

"Dang man, it really is you." Christan said, watching his former roommate notice that the infernal ankle bracelet was still attached to his leg, "And I guess that just because you turned into an alicorn it doesn't mean you can release yourself from your house arrest early."

"Quiet you foal," Allen snapped, his horn lighting up as he focused on the damned bracelet, "I will shatter this infernal device and escape this prison if its the last thing I do."

"There's one more thing I want to know before you attack that device," Christan began, drawing the eyes of the mare, "What did you get me for my birthday a few months back?"

"That's quite easy," Allen said, returning his attention to the bracelet as he spoke, "I got you a complete set of My Little Pony character cups. Damn things were expensive buying them all at once. Now quiet you foal, I have some work that needs to be done."

Christan, having locked the door and sat down, watched for ten whole minutes as his roommate wrestled with the one device that was keeping him from leaving the house. More like her now anyway, seeing how he was technically Nightmare Moon and she was the Princess of the Night and such. She had somehow ended up with her back on the ground, her wings spread out as she tried and failed to deal with the ankle device. While all this happened Christan noticed one small detail; Nightmare's armor was nowhere to be seen.

The azure armor that Nightmare Moon was always seen with in the show was missing, which led Christan to wonder what his roommate had done with it all. That was considering that she had awoken with the armor on and had put it somewhere safe. He doubted that Allen alone would have the idea to hide the armor, but he knew that Nightmare Moon would if she thought she was in need of hiding it. Come to think of it he had caught her trying to enter Allen's room, which could very well be where the armor was resting.

"Aha," Nightmare exclaimed, the bracelet turning to dust after being released from her leg, "The bracelet has been removed. How many points does the Mistress of the Night receive?"

"That wasn't the best idea Allen," Christan started, pausing as the alicorn turned on him with a dark look in her eyes, "Okay then, I take it you'd rather be called Nightmare Moon?"

"Yes you foal," Nightmare snapped, returning to the door that led to her room, "If I am to be stuck in this body then I shall be known by who she was before. And I care not that it was a 'bad idea' to rid myself of that infernal bracelet that confined me to this house, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Now, time to move this door and prepare myself."

Before Christan could object to the door being vaporized his roommate simply turned the knob with her magic and the door opened slowly. Nightmare gave him a smirk before entering the foul odor ridden room, causing her to back up and cough a bit. She had forgotten how terrible the smell of old laundry had been and hoped that she didn't have to suffer the smell much longer. But to the surprise of both of them they noticed that, laying on Allen's bed, was the complete azure armor that Nightmare Moon wore.

Christan moved to get a better look at the armor and found the door slammed shut right in his face, just mere inches from actually hitting his nose. His old roommate wasn't such a jerk to him in the past, there were times where they were quite friendly towards the other, but now she was damn annoying. He guessed it was due to the fact that he had become the Mistress of the Night, the original deadly villain of the first season. Her personality was, or had, spilled over into Allen and his darker side, the criminal side, was bound to reemerge from within.

The world was in deep trouble if the criminal and the true Nightmare became one.

~

Okay, maybe shutting the door on her friend's face was the best course of action, but seeing how Aleen was buried deep in Nightmare's mind he was having a hard time determining what was right and what was wrong. That wasn't important right now. What was important was that Nightmare had found her armor and she was in the process of putting it on, that was considering her magic would allow her to do so with certain pieces.

"Buck this," Nightmare shouted, tossing the laundry basket across the room in anger, "Why is this set of armor so hard to put on?"

So some of the real Nightmare's memories hadn't crossed over to Allen's mind, such as the one that allowed her to put on her own armor. Then a thought occurred to her; the leg pieces shouldn't be too hard to put on seeing how all she had to do was slip her hoof down the edge...and now she had one on. With victory closer she slipped on the other three iron shoes and turned her attention to the chest piece, which was hard for her to slip over her head and attach to her chest. The head piece, on the other hoof, fit perfectly over her head and allowed her mane to flow perfectly.

She looked at herself in the mirror and smirked, the Mistress of the Night was back and now she could do whatever she wanted. Once she learned how to use her wings again and mastered all the difficult spells all over again she would be a force to be reckoned with. Besides, if one person became a pony then it was a matter of time before more and more became like her. That meant that her old enemy, her sister Celestia, would eventually arrive and the two of them would battle it out all over again. And this time Nightmare was going to win.

Christan looked up from the television in time to see a fully armored, and more menacing looking, Nightmare Moon walk out of the bedroom. Now that she was clad in the azure armor she literally made him feel afraid of anything that she could dish out at the world.

"Quit staring you foal," Nightmare snapped, catching the eye of Christan easily, "I must leave this house and begin working to repair my power...what's happening on the television?"

"Reporting live from Dallas, Texas," the reporter was saying, "It appears that Discord, the God of Chaos from the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic television show, has suddenly appeared in the center of Dallas earlier this morning. He announced that he was playing some game with the other immortals from the show and then told the cameras that he was heading to Las Vegas to gamble. A minute after his departure Dallas received it's first ever chocolate milk rain storm, a 'gift' as the strange being called it."

"Now I know what I'm doing." Nightmare proclaimed, heading towards the front door of the house.

"And what exactly would that be?" Christan asked, wondering what his roommate could possibly mean.

"Your quite the foal if you can't figure it out," Nightmare chuckled, turning to look back at her roommate, "I'm heading to Las Vegas to meet Discord and put an end to his 'game' before he interferes with my battle with Celestia. If you can't figure it out now than you truly are the most foalish person I will have ever met."