• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 3,626 Views, 43 Comments

Nightmare - Blackdrag-rose



Allen goes to sleep one night and when he wakes up he finds himself in the body of a pony. One of the villains to be more exact.

  • ...
15
 43
 3,626

Seven-Sombra

Sombra sat in the center of a large apartment room, which had originally been his hosts former place until he grew tired of the small area. He had used his magic to reshape the walls and overran the other apartment rooms on his floor, making the entire top floor his personal flat. That was good, seeing how he was keeping the Crystal Heart in the center of what appeared to be a maze for his mind slaves that were running around. Sure several of them had entered the maze, but they always returned looking like they had seen their worst fear come true in front of them.

He hadn't told his most trusted mind slaves that he had been contacted by Discord, the very being that was responsible for everything that was happening. He really didn't want anyone else to know that his enemy knows what they are doing at the moment, even though it was stated that Discord didn't care. For now he was keeping his forces busy with the construction of his empire, using everything around them in order to do so.

He was also messing around with his hosts computer, researching anything that might give him an edge for when it came time to do war with his enemies. Nightmare was doing something at the border between the states, Chrysalis was somewhere on the other side of the US, and Cadence would be arriving at his location soon enough. But the one enemy he could not yet figure out was Celestia. The Goddess of the Sun had not yet arrived, which allowed her younger, and more violent, sister to do as she wanted until she actually arrived.

Sombra sighed and got out of the chair he had been sitting in, moving to the window so he could view the entire block that he currently resided in. From what he was told there were countless gangs that patrolled the area, not to mention the constant police presence thanks to his first outing a few days ago. He had dozens of people to choose from and those chosen would become the next few in his slave army, bringing him more and more people to corrupt. Eventually he would have everyone who lived in Seattle under his iron hoof and the empire that was stolen would be returned to him.

"Oh silly Sombra, we don't enslave ponies." a familiar annoying feminine voice, "We make friends and throw parties and get to know them and, best of all, we get to have LOADS of FUN."

"Pinkie Pie," Sombra growled, seeing the pink mare standing on a cloud and staring back at him, "I was not looking forward to seeing your ugly mug again. What in the name of the nine hells do you want?"

"Isn't it obvious Somby?" Pinkie asked, tilting her head to the side while she somehow communicated with him, "I'm here to make sure that you learn the true meaning of having fun, being peaceful with those around you, and to stop harassing everypony with your crystals."

"I've already had it with you, you miserable mare," Sombra said, turning back to his mind slaves, "Thomas, Rayger, get some of your 'weapons' and take down this annoying mare. Feel free to throw her into the dungeons when you finish."

Thomas, dressed more like a military general, grunted as he pulled out one of the pistols that he carried, leaving one hand open for another weapon. Rayger, on the other hoof, came out of Sombra's armory with something the human's called a bazooka, something that fired exploding projectiles. It was another one of those weapons that had been explained to him, but he laughed at it and let his slaves collect whatever weapons they wanted. All he cared about was eliminating the bloody mare that annoyed the hell out of him...and maybe sending her soul to the nine hells in fragments would lighten his mood.

"Come on Somby, don't sic your minions on me," Pinkie complained, as the two men stepped out of the apartment and faced her, "At least give me a chance to gather a weapon or something."

Both mind slaves turned and looked at their master, the question plain on their faces. Do they give their target a weapon or just start blasting away at her?

"Just blast her already," Sombra sighed, thinking that he needed to tweak his mind spell a little more.

Rayger heaved up the bazooka and locked on to Pinkie, watching the pink mare start to sweat as she realized that she wasn't getting a weapon. Thomas just stood there, his own weapon at the ready in case the mare got closer so he could blow a hole in her skull instantly.

"Oh bugger," Pinkie said, turning tail as the projectile launched out of it's container and zeroed in on her.

Sombra smiled; the pink mare was bouncing from cloud to cloud in an attempt to avoid the missile that seemed to be chasing her all over the sky. The pink one seemed to enjoy annoying others, but when something was following her it seemed that she didn't want the attention.

Pinkie, deciding not to take any chances, led the projectile away from where Sombra and his army, and the innocents, were located, leading it towards the tallest structure in the area. She spied the Space Needle and raced across the clouds, bouncing quickly so the missile didn't light up her rear end on accident. Reaching the structure was easy, running up the side with a missile behind her was even easier, but leaping into thin air with the bloody device not hitting her was the hardest thing ever. The missile soared past Pinkie, exploding a mile above the top of the Space Needle with no harm to it or the mare it had been chasing.

Sombra stared at Pinkie with anger, watching the mare's movements as she danced out of the reach of his mind slaves when he noticed something odd. On another roof of a different building sat a bundle of pink hair, a bundle that looked exactly like the cotton candy mane that Pinkie Pie had. He was sure that there was another pony lurking around the rooftops, one wearing Pinkie's mane to distract him and his mind slaves. If they were bringing an army to fight him then he was going to use his mind slave army to best them.

"Attention all mind slaves," Sombra spoke, his voice echoing in the heads of his followers, "It would seem that the pink mare, known by the name Pinkie Pie, has assembled an army to take us all down. Be on the lookout for any trespassers that do not belong in this place, as you now have my full permission to engage them. Have fun hunting the annoying mare and her cohorts down like the dogs they are."

Without warning the skies lit up, explosives lighting up everything as Pinkie realized that she had her allies had been discovered by the fallen king. She spied dozens of men, all under the dark influence of Sombra, pulling out a variety of weapons and aiming them directly at her and her ally on the rooftop. She even spied a dozen bazookas being pulled out, some aimed at her and some aimed at the roof where her ally was located.

"Soldiers of the Swarm," Pinkie yelled, her form falling apart to reveal a black changeling underneath, "ATTACK!"

Suddenly a force of at least fifty changelings appeared in the sky, raining down on Sombra's slave army while making sure he couldn't counter them. Rayger heaved his reloaded bazooka up and pointed it right at the mare he had been tasked with ending, only to receive a swift kick to his face. The changeling that knocked the man out scooped up his weapon and blew a hole right in the top floor of Sombra's apartment, opening a hole for the Swarm.

Sombra growled, summoned the broadsword from earlier, and turned into the maze he had created to protect the Crystal Heart from his enemies. He should have known that Discord would have tipped off his enemies to the fact that he had the Heart in his possession and was intending to use it against any who opposed him. He didn't know that Chrysalis and her 'Swarm' were so close to his actual position, otherwise he would have used his black magic to make sure they couldn't touch him.

"Come on Somby," said a changeling, who had entered through the hole in the wall, "We can still be friends. There's no need to hurt each other anymore."

"My name is Sombra," he growled, slicing open the changeling chest with his weapon, "and I will blanket this world in a shroud of darkness. No one and nopony will escape my rule as I corrupt the minds of everything that stands against me until you are all my slaves. You and I will never be 'friends', only enemies and then slave and master. Now groan in pain as this entire place is covered in complete darkness."

Trapped inside the center of his maze was the Crystal Heart, but it wasn't the same Heart that everypony had known about anymore. Instead of a light blue color radiating from the gem it now glowed with an eerie evil red color, one that was surrounded by blackness. Sombra had spent nearly every hour with the gem after obtaining it, corrupting the magic so he could corrupt the very fabric of this new world. And if there was anything that could scare off the Changelings it would be the power of hate that would soon fill the very skies above them.

The poor wounded changeling was hauled out of the apartment by one of his brothers, but not before they witnessed the sky turn as black as night even though the sun was still out. The ground shook violently, as if Mother Nature herself was in pain, as giant pillars of black crystals shot up out of the stone and cement. The two Changelings knew exactly what was happening, mostly because their Queen had explained what would happen if Sombra channeled hate through the Heart. They knew they were too late to stop him now, not with the amount of hate already filling the air.

"Soldiers of the Swarm," the lead changeling shouted, his voice filling the air for a moment, "Retreat as fast as you possibly can."

The fifty Changelings that had gathered in the area took to the skies once again, this time heading in the direction of their Queen and the rest of their brothers and sisters. The wounded Changeling took a look back and noticed that Sombra was staring at them, with one gigantic grin on his vile face. It apparently wasn't enough for him to have bested them with such a cheap trick, but he had to gloat and watch them flee before they were taken out.

"Go ahead and run," Sombra called after them, hoping to install fear in their hearts, "Tell that Queen of yours that I look forward to seeing her bound in chains as my slave for the rest of her natural life. And the same goes for all of her precious changelings and every single one of my enemies. You will ALL be my slaves eventually."