• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 4,124 Views, 62 Comments

Her Void Pink - Darkryt Orbinautz



Twilight's been thinking about Pinkie Pie recently. She keeps control of it, afraid of how her friends might react. But circumstances conspire to bring Pinkie closer to her than she's comfortable with . . .

  • ...
14
 62
 4,124

Evolutionary Scale

After a few gentle shakes, Cheerilee was able to bring Twilight out of her daze. Cheerilee's inquires as to just what was wrong fell on deaf ears.

"N-nothing! Nothing's wrong, okay?"

"You sure?" Cheerilee pointed her muzzle upwards. "One of the problems my students have a lot is not telling somepony about their problem."

Twilight shook her head. "You . . . you can't really help with it, Cheerilee . . . can we just focus on dinner, please?"

Cheerilee seemed to agreed, but as she resumed chopping vegetables, she started explaining just how she was supposed to help Twilight get ready for her 'week'. Apparently she was going to fetch a copy of Twilight's schedule, mostly in part so that Pinkie could know not to do her randomly appearing out of nowhere trick during something sensitive, like an interview with an very important pony.

Giving Cheerilee her schedule to give to Pinkie so Pinkie could know when she could appear and when she needed to disappear? That got Twilight thinking...maybe, instead of just appearing randomly the way she does, Pinkie actually had a complicated network of manipulation that she used to know who would be where at what time, and be able to position herself in such a way that she would able to surprise her friends just as they were about to access something.

. . . No, no, that's silly. Pinkie Pie didn't have the patience or control for a facade like that. Then again, Twilight had been putting a rather good facade lately herself . . . perhaps she's underestimating Pinkie...

Oh no . . . what if Pinkie's hypothetical spy network had seen Twilight in her weaker moments? What if Pinkie already knew about the . . . thoughts Twilight had been having about her?

"Cheerilee?" Twilight asked.

"Uh-huh?" Cheerilee gave Twilight as much attention as she could while also focusing on the pot on the stove.

"Has Pinkie Pie . . . said anything about me?"

Cheerilee was confused by the question. "What do you mean?"

"I mean . . . you know, has she said something . . . about the how she thinks I think of her?"

Cheerilee still seemed confused, but she appeared to have a better grasp of what Twilight meant. "Oh, sure! She says you're really nerdy and you sometimes get really frustrated by the way she does things, but that's only because you're still new around here."

Twilight relaxed internally slightly. Nothing about her developing l . . . lo . . . whatever it was.

After taking a wooden spoon to the stew they had been making, Twilight declared the dinner was done. She offered Cheerilee a bowl to take some home for her lunch tomorrow or something, but the teacher said she had that taken care of.

Shortly after Cheerilee politely departed her abode, there was another knock that Twilight found was Fluttershy with Spike in tow. She evidently been the one to take the offer up. She also started apologizing profusely about the mess with the picnic today. She was talking really fastly, too.

"-Because if I hadn't let the snail crawl on my head then Rarity wouldn't have to use the bucket and if Rarity hadn't had to use the bucket-"

"Fluttershy!" Twilight exclaimed. "It's okay. Really, Honestly. It's fine. Go home and be with your animal friends."

"All right . . . if you say so . . ." Fluttershy quietly nodded and headed elsewhere, departing from the door frame.

Twilight led Spike to the dinner table, where he initially refused to eat the stew because it 'smelled funny'. Twilight, in a playful mood, shoved a spoonful of the stuff into his mouth anyway.

He subsequently had a whole bowl.

After filling themselves up on the stew, both librarian and assistant prepared for bed, brushing their teeth and flossing. (Spike, due to his being a dragon, always needed a little help getting those rear molars.) said their good nights and tucked into their respective beds.


Twilight stood there in her dream void. After what happened with the DJ, the lights in the floor and Pinkie's joy buzzer, she wasn't as enthusiastic about seeing what her little world had in store for her today.

There was a counter, like those found in candy shops and cafes. It looked innocent enough . . . Twilight, not really wanting to see what happened next, but knowing her dream wasn't going to progress any if she didn't do something, walked up to it.

Pondering to herself as rested her hooves on the counter, Twilight noticed she seemed to not be able to control her void as much as she used to . . .

-and what better to illustrate this point than a pony Twilight knew she hadn't summoned poking her shoulder to get her attention?

She turned away from the counter to see a long-limbed, rather pretty pony- in fact. Its hooves ended in tips and its face had a perfection to it a normal pony couldn't have. Of course, it wasn't a normal pony. It was one of Rarity's mannequins! Normal the mannequins didn't have eyes or a mouth, but this one did, expertly carved into its face with the skill of an artisan.

The mannequin, seeing it had Twilight's attention, shyly raised its front hooves. It looked like it needed a hug, and some comforting.

Twilight, smiling sympathetically at the mannequin's uncertain expression, offered her front hooves to it. it stayed still, like it was auditioning for the role of 'Fluttershy' in a play, and experimenting in its efforts to get the character.

Twilight shook her head, bemused, and wrapped the mannequin into a big hug. The mannequin's neck arched over, still uncertain. Twilight rolled her eyes and giggled. To assure it everything was okay, she wrapped her neck around its and cuddled it. After doing this, She gave a reassuring smile. it did the trick, as the mannequin seemed comfortable enough to act freely.

It put its hooves on her chest . . . pushed her down against the counter and started kissing her! Really passionately, too. Twilight might've not been as welcoming to it if she knew it was going to do this!

She vainly attempted to push it off, kicking her front hooves into its chest, but even though they made a solid thud, it actually hurt her more than it. What were these things made of, anyways!? Grunting in protest, Twilight tried a different approach and kicked it the stomach with her free hind leg. That didn't do much either.

As the mannequin began stroking her mane, Twilight finally resigned herself to it. Once she had quit resisting, she found the mannequin was a fairly good kisser, just barely getting to the point it needed to make her moan . . . of course it was good. After all, why wouldn't it be!?

Eventually the mannequin pulled its tongue out of her mouth and rested its head against her shoulders. Twilight, having resigned herself to her fate, started stroking its mane. Something poked her in the shoulder. She made a grunt to let it know she wasn't going to tolerate being poked.

It poked her again.

She grunted again.

It seemed to stop . . . but it poked her again.

"STOP THAT!"

"Whoa, geez, okay!"


Twilight's eyes shot open. Her front hooves were raised in the air and out from her blanket like she was attempting to . . . stroke somepony's mane. A quick glance around showed Spike with his claws raised defensively, standing on the side of the bed.

"You were doing something weird with your hooves, so I tried to poke you awake." Spike explained. "Did you have a bad dream?"

Twilight pulled the covers of her bed up, kneading them at the corner. "You might say that..."

Spike nodded. "Uh-huh. Well, breakfast is done."

Breakfast is done!? Already!? How long had that dream took?

Twilight waved Spike off. "You go ahead without me, Spike. I need a minute to myself."

"O...kay." Spike was concerned, no doubt, but he went on ahead down the stairs.

Twilight had meant she needed a minute to herself- she did, really, to think about her dream...now awake and thinking, Twilight was worried...was she going to do to Pinkie what the mannequin did to her? But before she could worry about that too much, she had to make sure she was giving the response ponies expected her to be giving.

"Pinkie." Twilight said authoritatively. "I know you're in here somewhere. Come out."

The room remained silent, but Twilight knew better. She could sense Pinkie Pie in here, somewhere, wound up like a tight spring waiting to be sprung. Throwing the covers aside, Twilight set about the room in search of Pinkie. A quick duck showed she wasn't under the bed. A spell showed she wasn't hiding in the rafters either.

"Hmm..." Twilight turned around the room and start looking for any other hiding places Pinkie might have. The drawers, perhaps?

Twilight made her way to the drawer and pulled it open, only to see absolutely nothing in there except what she had put in herself.

"SURPRISE!"

"DAH!" Twilight was indeed surprised and scrambled to turn around as she fell off her hooves. Her tail acted on reflex, instantly shooting outward and coiling around the nearest object...which happened to be Pinkie's neck, causing Pinkie to be pulled towards Twilight while Twilight was on her back against the drawers.

"Ooooh!" Pinkie exclaimed. "I got you good, didn't I?"

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Yes, Pinkie. You certainly did."

Twilight examined the abnormal positions they had worked themselves into. Pinkie Pie was wrapped up in her tail...oh, how easy it would be to fling Pinkie against the bed, use her magic to block all the entrances, and have her way right then and there...

No, no, no. Twilight wasn't the type to take what she wanted. She worked hard and earned it, which made ponies more then willing to just give it to her.

With some difficultly due to her reluctance to let Pinkie go, Twilight managed to uncoil her tail from her.

Twilight initiated conversation. "So, Pinkie Pie...I've been informed that today is apparently the start of my...week?"

"Yup!" Pinkie answered cheerfully. "Your celebratory week for coming to Ponyville!" Pinkie got a suspicious look on her face. "Cheerilee told you, right...not Applejack?"

Twilight rolled her eyes. "No, Pinkie Pie, Applejack didn't say anything except that I should expect Cheerilee to visit."

"Good!" Pinkie perked up. It still wasn't clear to Twilight what was going on between Applejack and Pinkie, but she figured it probably had something to do with Applejack ruining the surprise for past ponies getting their celebratory weeks.

"Would you like some breakfast, Pinkie?"

"No thanks! Already ate."

"Hmm."

Twilight and Pinkie made their way down the stairs to the kitchen, where Spike was slowly eating a bowl of fresh oatmeal- made from scratch, Twilight could tell. Ah, that was on Spike's best traits as far as breakfast went- he always went that extra mile.

After eating, Spike pulled out something he dreaded, but Twilight adored- a scroll with a checklist on it.

"Twilight, don't forget you have a doctor's appointment today!"

A doctor's appointment...well, personally, Twilight didn't think it would be just sooo unbearable to have Pinkie around for that...but some other ponies might, given Pinkie's volume and the normal quiet of the doctor's waiting room.

"Oooh!" Pinkie groaned. "A doctor's appointment? That's a terrible way to start off your celebratory week, Twilight!"

Twilight smiled apologetically. "Sorry, Pinkie. Gotta make sure I'm taking care of my internal systems properly."

There was some time to pass before they had to actually go there, so Pinkie was keen on the idea of playing a game to pass the time.

Twilight's head gears came to a . . . head against each other. On one hoof, Pinkie enjoyed playing games . . . on the other, they could get so lost in the fun they could run late.

Twilight didn't want to run late. She also didn't want to disappoint Pinkie Pie . . . Eehh. Ah. Eeegh. Agh. Eeeennnnn . . .

Twilight's mind kept at this for a while, until she realized that in a weird way, giving into her desire for Pinkie would mean she wasn't exercising enough control over herself. Control. Gotta stay in control.

"I'm sorry, Pinkie, but playing a game would make us late."

BLEEEEEECH.

"I'm sorry, Pinkie." that was a phrase Twilight really, really didn't want to hear come of her mouth. Ever.

"Oh...all right! Can we least skip our way over there?"

Twilight could at least give her that.

"Sure!"

So they did, skipping their out of the library door and into Ponyville's well-traveled roads, much to the confusion of everypony more familiar with Twilight's attitude for nonsense like skipping.

After a huge total square area of grass had been distinctly flattened by the bend in their legs, Twilight and Pinkie arrived at the clinic, a boxy building made of dark blue bricks. Before they entered the door, Twilight tried to stress to Pinkie the need for silence.

"Pinkie, I need you to know that once we're inside, you'll need to be quiet, okay? Some ponies don't like a whole lot of noise before they get inspected."

Pinkie whinnied sadly. Were it up to Twilight, she would've just told Pinkie she could do whatever she pleased...but it wasn't up to her.

Twilight took in a deep breath and pushed the door open. Entering the stone-colored building, the sign-in attendant looked up through the glass window that was found in all doctor's buildings, having caught wind of Twilight's entry through the bell. She seemed visible distraught when Pinkie entered in behind Twilight.

Twilight did her best to push through the discomfort and proceed with business as normal. With her magic, she wrote her name on the clipboard and took an empty seat, making sure another seat next to her was empty so Pinkie could sit next to her. There was a medium amount of other ponies waiting their turn, a few of which were little foals, who may or may not have been the actual recipient of the appointment.

It quickly proved unnecessary, as Pinkie had caught sight of a table filled with small, simple toys meant to entertain said foals, too young to understand anything beyond 'bored' and 'not bored'. Pinkie zoomed in over and attempted to join before Twilight could stop her.

Twilight squinted her eyes. Pinkie was a wonderful friend, great party-thrower and fabulous baker, but with the way she was, Twilight was certain she'd be able to hear the sounds of concerned parents, lecturing Pinkie on giving their foals bad lessons.

A gentle tap on Twilight's shoulders forced her to open her vision earlier then she had anticipated. The pony who wanted her attention was a light gray pony with a combed mane and half-moon glasses.

"Hello." She pointed to Pinkie Pie. "Is that your...oversized daughter?"

Oh. Hahahaha! She thought Pinkie was her oversized daughter!? That's ridiculous to the point of hilarity.

. . . Of course, looking at Pinkie's behavior, it was easy to see why a pony would think she was somepony's daughter.

"No, no." Twilight shook her head. "She's my friend, and an adult, but I can see why you would think that..."

The gray mare nodded. "I see." She looked at Pinkie. "She's a very good friend, isn't she?"

"One of my best." Twilight answered. Then it occurred to her that this lady didn't seem...concerned about Pinkie in the way Twilight had anticipated.

Twilight didn't like when things didn't happen the way she had anticipated.

"Why do you ask?" She asked the mare.

"Oh, it's just . . . my son's such a shy little colt, and she seems to bet getting him to open up some more."

Taking another, closer look at the play area, Twilight could see that there was indeed a little colt that bore a resembled to the mare next to her, who was playing with Pinkie and another brown-coated colt his age.

What Twilight found most amazing was . . . Pinkie was playing with them quietly.

She really was full of surprises.

"I wanted to show my appreciation somehow." The mare said. "Pass along a thank you for me, please?"

Twilight smiled and nodded.

After the mare got up and left, the assistant open a door into the next room and called her name. Twilight tippedhooved over and pushed on Pinkie's shoulders lightly to get her attention. Pinkie turned her head around, confused. Twilight pointed at the assistant waiting at the open door. Pinkie's mouth made an 'o' in understanding. She got up and accompanied Twilight and the assistant to a patient's room, which was decorated in cool, calming colors except for the white tile floor.

"The doctor will be with you shortly." The assistant informed, then closed the door on them, leaving them alone.

Twilight crawled her way up to the bed.

Pinkie's darted for the wheeled stool, meant for the doctor's usage. Some ponies were mischievous -or ill-advised- enough to let their kids ride on it, so long as the kids were quick enough on the draw to make it look untouched before the doctor arrived.

"Can I ride on the stool, Twilight?"

Twilight raised an eyebrow, but at herself, not Pinkie.

Hmmm . . . how to go about this . . . it's not like Pinkie could actually hurt somepony riding around on the stool, was it? But still, it was immature and childish . . . immature and childish . . . immature and childish . . . childish. . . child . . . ish.

"Um, actually, Pinkie . . ." Twilight said nervously, kicking her hoof to further sell the illusion. "I always get nervous waiting for the doctor. W-would you hold my hoof, please?"

That was a fib if there ever was one, but it did its purpose well: give Pinkie something to do and bring Pinkie closer to her.

"Oh." Pinkie said plainly. "Sure!"

Pinkie happily wrapped the hoof Twilight offered with her own. Twilight started shivering internally. Twilight held it tighter, wanting to be absolutely certain Pinkie couldn't let go. Her hunger for the Pinkie's colors were starting to override her better judgement. Pinkie wouldn't just let go like that.

Twilight pulled Pinkie's hoof, and by extension, Pinkie herself, closer. Come closer, Pinkie Pie . . . just . . . come closer. Come now, darling . . .

Twilight shook her head, recalling her experience with the mannequin. It would be nice to do that to Pinkie, but- what her friends say? They'd probably yell at her for coming on to poor Pinkie Pie like that!

The door rattled open, revealing a greenish-coated pony with an orange mane shaped like a muffin. "All right, Twilight Sparkle. Have you been taking care of yourself properly?"

"Ehheh! That's what I'm here to find out, doc!"

Twilight relaxed the tension in her hoof and slipped it away from Pinkie. Pinkie politely sat down in the waiting chair while the doctor began running his test.

"All right . . ." The doctor reached into his coat and pulled a tool that he stuck into Twilight's ear. "Can you hear anything, Miss Sparkle?"

"I hear a high-pitched buzz."

"Good!" The doctor took the tool away from her ear. "Say 'ahh' for me.'

"Ahh."

The doctor put a popsicle stick on her tongue. "Now say it again."

"Ahh."

"Good." The doctor removed the stick, then pulled out a flashlight which he turned on. "Now, follow the light." The doctor began slowly moving the flash light through the air.

Pinkie, in her perpetual quest for amusement, rolled in on herself and started gnawing on the tip of her tail. Twilight watched it raptly. She wondered whether or not having her tail gnawed on by another pony might produce any stimulating response.

"Twilight, I need you focus on the light." The doctor reminded her.

"Huh? Oh, um, yeah. Sorry." Twilight apologized. "Can we start over?"

The doctor nodded, and moved the flashlight back into position. This time around went a lot better.

"All right. You seem good to go, Miss Sparkle. Have a nice day."

"You too, doctor."

The doctor opened the door for them, and Twilight hopped off the exam bed.

Well, Twilight noted to herself. At least that much had passed by without incident.

Making their way back to the receptionist room, Twilight signed herself out and left the building.

As she and Pinkie were exiting, Twilight recalled what the mare had asked her to do.

"Oh, hey Pinkie? There was a pony in there that was the mother of a colt you played with."

"Yeah-huh?" Pinkie said, paying rapt attention while bouncing on her tail like a spring.

"She said her son was shy, and you got him to open up. She wanted me to tell you thank you for doing that."

"She's welcome- whaaaoooo!" Pinkie lost her balance and started flailing through the air, trying to regain her balance.

Twilight, thinking quickly, rushed over and raised her front hooves, catching Pinkie in them like a knight in shining armor saving his princess from the dragon's collapsing tower.

"Thanks!" Pinkie exclaimed. "But I, um, wouldn't have minded falling, Twilight."

Twilight rolled her eyes, then looked at Pinkie, cradled in her hooves.

Ooooh...this day had really been testing her resolve. First in her own bedroom -her own bedroom- and now this!

Twilight's eye twitched.

Stay in control, Twilight. Just stay in control.

Of course, thinking back, yes, Pinkie had electrocuted her with the -in her opinion, mislabeled- joy buzzer...but she had gotten an incredible message from Pinkie before the day had ended.

Taking the plunge, Twilight closed her eyes and pulled her front hooves inward, where Pinkie's mouth would meet hers...

And then Twilight's lips smushed against...something that wasn't Pinkie. Opening her eyes unveiled that it was her own hooves- Pinkie having already picked herself up and began the skipping trek back towards the library, having not realized Twilight wasn't behind her.

She did a second later, though, as she turned around and looked at Twilight confusedly. "You coming?"

"Yeah, yeah." Twilight assured her. "Just...got distracted." Twilight noticed the exact pattern of where Pinkie's hooves had landed on the grass.

"Pinkie, why are you avoiding where we already skipped? Couldn't we just follow the grass back home?"

"Because then not all of the grass will be trampled evenly!" Pinkie exclaimed. "What if it thinks we're singling them out?"

Twilight knew better then to tell Pinkie grass couldn't think, so she shook her head and pressed on, skipping along with Pinkie back to the library, taking care to trample untrampled grass so it wouldn't feel 'singled out'.

After getting back to the library, Pinkie brought up something that really tested Twilight's resolved and control.

"Hey, Twilight? Where am I going to sleep until the end of your week?"

Sleep!?

"Sleep!? Pinkie, why can't you just sleep at Sugercube Corner!?"

"Cause it's your week, Twilight!" Pinkie answered like this was the most obvious thing in the world. "That means I'm spending the next 24/7 with you, not the next 23/7, not the next 20/7, not the next 16/7, TWENTY-FOUR...SEVEN. All right?"

"Right..." Twilight muttered and lowered her head. She should've been expecting that, after what Cheerilee had told her. Oi.

"I know!" Spike spoke up, clearly eager to be helpful. "Pinkie can sleep in my basket while I sleep in Twilight...at least until tomorrow."

Twilight pursed her lips. She could have Pinkie sleep with her in her bed instead...wouldn't that be nice? They could wake up in the morning, roll around, accidentally wrap the other one up in their arm, er, front leg...look at each others facial features just a little closer...

Twilight shook her head. "Actually, if we're going to do that, why don't we"

Twilight wasn't sure she had planned to say, which was unusual in itself. Twilight always had planned things out beforehand. But what instead came out of her mouth was-

"-Just all sleep together?"

"Oooh!" Pinkie exclaimed. "That's a great idea! It'll be like a sleepover! Which, you know, it kind is, in a way, isn't it!?"

Spike didn't share her enthusiasm. "Is the bed even big enough for all of us?"

"Yeah!" Twilight assured him. Pinkie and herself lying next to each other, with Spike curled up and piled on top of them...Twilight was agreeing with Pinkie: This was a great idea. Her want to pull Pinkie closer and closer would conflict with her unwillingness to push or shove her number one assistant, and the internal efforts within herself to reconcile the two would leave her body motionless, giving the impression she wasn't mentally all smashed up to anypony looking at her.

After having lunch, dinner, and doing some maintenance work around the library that Pinkie tried to help with it- really, she did, but she just- it- agggh...Pinkie!

Moving on...Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Spike all got ready for bed. The one single bed she would soon be sharing with both of them.

After saying their good nights, they all piled in, just the way Twilight had planned and expected them to- herself and Pinkie on either side and Spike nestled on top of their combined mass. He looked surprisingly comfortable.

"Good night, Pinkie Pie."

"You already told me good night, Twi-lii-awwwwn..." Pinkie attempted to protest, but the sandmare had come for her and Spike already. Twilight signed over the fact that she been left out of the list of victims.

Rolling about in bed as much as she could without disturbing either of her bedfellows, Twilight started to worry.

Last time, her dream came true in a weird prophetic fashion. The dream she had this morning hadn't quite come true the same way her last one had- not enough similarities between the actions the mannequin took and the actions she took, which meant the dream hadn't come quite nearly as true. Compare being shocked to making out with Pinkie. Or even somepony at all. She hadn't made out/been made out with today, which meant the dream hadn't come true...

And that was even more frightening than if it had.

Author's Note:

I can't believe how little editing I had to do on this chapter in order to make it match the one on Fanfiction.