• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 4,132 Views, 62 Comments

Her Void Pink - Darkryt Orbinautz



Twilight's been thinking about Pinkie Pie recently. She keeps control of it, afraid of how her friends might react. But circumstances conspire to bring Pinkie closer to her than she's comfortable with . . .

  • ...
14
 62
 4,132

Psychosomatic

Twilight Sparkle was the apprentice, nay, number one student, of Princess Celestia. She was practically raised by Celestia as much as her own mother had raised her. Thus, she was taught how to be reasonable, to be punctual, and had the pinnacle of elegance to form her vocabulary.

So when she stirred awake, carried like a sack of dead plants to be disposed on the backs of her friends Applejack and Rainbow Dash, it was naturally she said something poetic and scholarly.

"Urrrooogh..."

There, see? Poetic, scholarly and elegant.

"Y'all okay, sugarcube?" Applejack asked out of concern for her friend.

"Yeah..." Twilight answered, not wanting Applejack to worry. She tried to push herself up off their backs, but fell back down and collapsed on them, making them both grunt. They didn't fall over, though.

"What were you thinking?" Dash demanded. "You know me and A.J are tough ponies. We'd had barely felt it if the other bucked us."

"I don't..." Twilight stuttered out. "I don't...like...conflict."

"That's a'ight, Twilight. We shouldn'na been fightin' like that...of course, Dash should've not suggested using yer magic on the apple trees."

"It'd get things done faster!" Dash arrogantly reminded her.

"Now you listen here, Rainbow Dash, mah family has-"

Twilight whimpered and covered her eyes with her hooves, trying to block the rest of the world- and them- out.
Applejack and Rainbow were made aware of themselves.

"We'll talk about this later." Applejack growled to Dash, making quite clear the rainbow pegasus wasn't off the hook yet.

"Wait..." Twilight realized something was missing. "No, no, wait...where's...aaaagh!" The pain from her sides proved too much for the dusty librarian, who really should've known moving when injured agitated injuries, and Twilight collapsed.

Know about having an 'mind's eye'? Well, Twilight was having a 'mind's voice' right now, and there was one phrase being spoken by it, over and over again, because unconscious or not, Twilight couldn't rest without knowing the answer to the question...

Where's Pinkie?

Where's Pinkie?

WHERE'S PINKIE!?


"Where's...where's Pinkie Pie?" were the first words out of Twilight's mouth when she got back to the land of the waking ponies. She was in somewhere with bright lighting...too bright. Turn it down! Somepony, turn it down! She had to squint to keep it from hurting. She was lying down on something. Something flat, with her legs splayed out in all directions.

"Uh, who?" A nasally voice asked her.

"Pinkie Pie..." Twilight murmured. "She's my friend...and my..." Darling? Crush? Object? Cupcake? Sole driving force in life? That last one was good. "She's my cupcake..."

Somepony around her chuckled. "Well, you can have all the cupcakes once we're done."

Done? Done doing what?

"Can you open your mouth, please?"

I can...but I really don't want to for you.

"Mrph." Twilight grunted as her response.

"What? Oh...she must be out again. Just hold her mouth open, all right?"

No! No it's not all right! Who were these ponies!? What did they want from her-with her?

Somepony put their hooves on her snout and pried it open. She tried to close it back down, but the pony made sure her muscle strength in her mouth wasn't as tough as the muscle strength in their own legs. A spoon was shoved into her mouth, and she could feel some powder being dropped on her tongue.

She tried to spit it out, but the pony holding her mouth snapped it shut -OW! Freaking hay... where was she? Oh, yes, powder! Tongue! Forced to swallow! Uhhgggg...not pleasant...the taste was only a fraction of her displeasure.

"We should let her rest." One calm, reasonable-sounding voice said. Twilight could hear a door open, ponies' footsteps as they walked out of the room, and heard the ratcheting click of a fancy light switching before hearing a door close.

"Ooooum..." Twilight grunted, and now with the lights no longer being so blasted bright to disorientate her, attempted to get up, having learned nothing from her earlier experience.

"Nrrrgh..." Protesting against her body's protesting, as if her non-words would somehow make it cooperate, Twilight fumbled and fiddled until she could get herself standing on all fours.

She carefully, cautiously, tensely, carefully made her way off of whatever flat surface she had been splayed on. Despite her caution, she tumbled onto the cold tile floor.

"Uggh..." She rubbed her head and got up, taking in her surroundings. She was somewhere with soothing blue colors. She could make out the door and the light switch- or was it really a switch, given that it ratcheted and more adjusted the light then turned it off?

Dismissing that thought, she lugged over to the door and creaked it open. Where was Pinkie Pie?
Where was she?

Whatever was going on, and wherever Twilight herself was, she was going to find that mare, whatever may get in her way.

She heard something fall down behind her and ignored it. It couldn't be important, could it?

Something came up behind and wrapped around her tail, which was startling enough, but it was more concerning was that her first instinct was not to attack. She could feel that whatever was on was...nice.

Twilight tried to say something as she limped out the door, but that powder must've numbed her mouth, because she couldn't anything more coherent then 'ooogh', 'urrgh', and 'mmph.'

She stepped out the door to be hit by more unbearably bright lighting. Daaah! Why were these lights so very bright? Was that really necessary?

Moving on, Twilight made her way down the hallway- that was what it is, right? That was what it looked like. There were doors everywhere.

Doors everywhere...

That would mean there were rooms everywhere, and if there were rooms everywhere, then Pinkie could have been anywhere in any of them!

Twilight sniffed a little.

Pinkie...you said you were going to stick with me 24-7! Not 23, not 22, 24! Why...why did you leave me!? Am I not as important to you as Rainbow Dash or-or- or Fluttershy or any other pony you spent a Celebratory Week with!?

PIiiiiiiiiiiinnnkiiiie!

"Hey!" Somepony shouted at her in the midst of her woe. "You can't be out here! Get back to bed!"

No! She was out here in who-knows-where, where mysterious ponies she didn't recognize had resorted to forcing her mouth open to make her swallow some powder she didn't know the purpose, and this pony had the gall to tell 'go back to bed'? The nerve of some ponies...

Twilight trudged forward, her hooves not lifting up to walk so much as doing an impression of a slug to scoot across the floor.

"Didn't you hear me? I said go back to bed! And what is that on your tail!?"

That last one was a good question that Twilight would answer later.

The pony signed. "I see...you're one of those types."

Those types? What did that mean, those types? Types of what?

Twilight wasn't sure what had clamped on her tail, but she was certain a stallion had been the thing that rammed into her side just now. He grabbed her by the withers and tried to lift her up.

Making half-muffled noises of protest from her own mouth no longer working, Twilight bucked out and attempted to lash the stallion away. As she felt herself being carried off the ground, Twilight figured bucking wasn't enough.

So she used her magic to blast him away.

"Nnnggh..." Twilight grunted and continued on with her quest, attempting to get down the hallway and out of this bad place.

"Can I get some help in here!?" The stallion shouted. "We have a testy patient!"

Well, of course Twilight was going to be testy, given that she had no idea where she was or the ponies around were. Realizing reinforcements for the stallion wouldn't be far off, Twilight overcame her disabilities and broke off in a gallop. Amazing what adrenaline can do for a girl.

One of the doors to her left opened up, revealing a pony who Twilight thought looked sleepy, but given her mental state right now, she wasn't sure that was his actual condition.

"W-" He yawned. Twilight noted she was closer to the mark then she had suspected. "What's going on out here?"

Twilight zoomed right by him like a speeding bullet, startling him back into the room.

"Fwehere..." Twilight murmured. Some feeling was getting back into her mouth, but not enough to ask where Pinkie, where her cupcake, where her darling was.

One door opened on either side of the hallway, and two ponies in coats tried to barricade her way out. "Stop right there!" They yelled, holding out their hooves for stop signs.

Whinnying, Twilight lowered her horn and used it to toss them out of her way.

"Fwerhe's...Minnkieeeee?" Twilight whined, her tongue still not working as well as she'd liked.

"We got a runner!" Somepony yelled.

"Mmrrph!"

Twilight started galloping even faster, trying to get out.

"Get some help!" One of her pursuers yelled. "-her friends!"

Twilight careened to a halt. What about her friends? Those ponies better not hurt them! Especially not Pinkie Pie!

"Twilight! Slow down!"

Twilight was running so fast and so worried about her friends she didn't realize she was about to crash into one of said friends until it was too late.

"Ooof! Aphle...jack?" Twilight muttered.

"Yeah, it's me, sugercube." Applejack's blurry image assured her, patting on the back of the neck. "What's got y'all riled up there, Twilight? Ya done near trampled half the staff!"

Staff? What staff? Never mind, Applejack had asked a question. She deserved an answer.

"Where's...Pinkie Pie?"

"Pinkie?" Applejack responded. "She's, uh...well...she's on yer tail."

What!? Twilight whipped her neck back around to see that, yes, Pinkie was on her tail, her mouth adorably clamped on the tip of it and her body hanging off like an angler fish's lure. How exactly Pinkie Pie was there without weighing Twilight down with the mass of her body was questionable, but Pinkie's done things that made this tame in comparison.

Pinkie smiled through her mouthful of tail and waved.

Twilight wished she would bite on it harder, and pull...

"What's...going on?"

"Easy, sugercube." Applejack said. "Just go back to the bed, and we'll figure it all out later, all right?"

"No...not all right...I want...an explanation...now."

Applejack signed and shook her head. "Pinkie, could you, uh do something?"

"Mm-hmm!" Pinkie nodded affirmatively and jumped off Twilight's tail, then hugged Twilight. Twilight, inhibitions faded from whatever had been afflicting her, shivered and moaned from her touch- right in front of Applejack.

"Come on, Twilight!" Pinkie said. "Just go back to the bed and lay down, okay?"

"Okay...as long as you're here." Twilight nuzzled Pinkie and let Pinkie escort her back to the room she escaped from.

Pinkie helped her up onto the bed and lied her down.

"You should get some sleep before you bowl somepony over again." Pinkie told her.

"Okay...whatever you say..."

Beautiful. Whatever you say, beautiful.

Granted, 'Beautiful' was an adjective and not a pronoun, so using it to address Pinkie was...erroneous. But those smooth-talking slicked-haired anti-hero colts in movies did it all the time when flirting!

Twilight took in a deep breath and tried to calm down enough to go to sleep, as per the request of the object of her desire.


Sometime later, Twilight could feel herself waking up, where Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and a doctor pony were looking at her expectantly.

"Howdy, Twi'...you feeling better now?"

"Explanation." Twilight demanded, getting right to the point.

"She's fine." Dash concluded at the somewhat sharp demand.

"Uh, yeah. Explainin' all that...well, from the looks of things, the doctors gave you some painkiller medication that made y'all go loopy, and ya crawled outta tha' bed to look for Pinkie Pie."

"That's me!" Pinkie smiled and waved excitedly.

"Mm-hmm..."Twilight groaned and shook her head, motioning for Applejack to continue.

"But what y'all didn't know was that Pinkie Pie hid the rafters of the ceiling after being told she couldn't come in the room with y'all while the doctors tried to fix ya up."

Wait...what? That would mean...that Pinkie Pie was with her the whole time... the thing that fell down she had the instinct to not hit! That was Pinkie Pie! She nearly taken the- where ever they were- apart looking for somepony she already had! Kinda funny, really, but...

"Why am I at the doctor's? And what were the painkillers for?"

"For when me and Dash both bucked y'all, that's why- and what." Applejack explained.

Twilight realized that all the ponies she been knocking over and blasting aside must've been staff- the staff Applejack mentioned- just trying to coax her back to bed before she hurt somepony or something in her delusion caused by the painkiller, which just had to be the powder she'd been fed.

"Oooh..." Embarrassed, Twilight put her hooves into her face...wait, that doesn't sound right.

"Uh, can we ask you a question, Twilight?" Applejack asked.

You just did, but... "Sure!"

"Well, y'all went all over the place looking for Pinkie until Ah pointed she was on yer tail...and when Pinkie hugged ya right there-"

"You calmed down like she was your big pink teddy bear." Dash quipped.

"And y'all...moaned."

Applejack looked to Rainbow Dash for assurance, who motioned for the farmer to continue.

"You, uh..."

Applejack paused.

"Y'all wanna explain that for us, sugercube?"

Author's Note:

Da Da DAAA!