• Published 27th May 2013
  • 6,018 Views, 216 Comments

Love Sick - FlameingToast



Twilight falls madly in love with Rarity...by accident.

  • ...
18
 216
 6,018

Spike V.S. Twilight

Spike glare shifted from Twilight to Rarity as he tapped his foot impatiently.

Rarity smiled "What did you hear Spike?" Maybe I can save this.

"I heard, what I hope, is a rumor." Spike replied curtly "About you two." he added, his voice cracking slightly.

Twilight frowned "Oh no! Is somepony telling lies about us?!" Twilight said worriedly.

Spike pointed a finger accusingly at Rarity. "I heard that you and Twilight were in love and dating!"

Twilight gave a sigh of relief "Oh, thank goodness. For a moment I thought ponies were spreading lies about us." She started walking towards the couch.

"I knew it!" Spike yelled. Tears welling in his eyes, he started to stomp upstairs.

Rarity quickly grabbed Spike's shoulder. "Spike, let me explain! She doesn't know what she's talking about."

"What are you saying?" He said nervously "Don't try and lie to me."

Rarity smiled "I Pinkie Promise that I'm not lying." She began. "Well, it all started last night when Twilight came over..."

***

"So I don't know how long it'll be before she gets better." Rarity finished. It had been a half an hour since she started the story. The whole time Twilight was lounging on the couch reading a book. Spike finally grinned upon hearing that he wasn't losing Rarity.

"I knew I had nothing to worry about." Spike smiled confidently "I knew that it wasn't what it sounded like when Rainbow Dash told me."

"R-Rainbow Dash!?" Rarity exclaimed "She told you what happened?"

Spike nodded "Apparently Twilight's freak out is spreading like wild fire." Spike shook his head "Then she told me to ask 'have you two done it yet'. Done what?" Spike asked innocently.

Rarity's face was deep red "I'm not sure what she meant by that." Eager to change the subject, she said "Well, I better be off now." She turned to leave but Twilight sat up.

"Wait! I thought that we were going to have tea!" Twilight frowned "You promised."

"Well, you promised to stop guilting me into things. This counts." Rarity sighed "I just want to go home and rest for a little while."

Twilight sighed "Fine. Then I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"That's fine." Rarity said rubbing her forehead. I have the worst headache "Well good-bye Twilight, Spike." Rarity shut the door behind her as she began trotting towards her home.

Twilight put the book on the coffee table and walked to the kitchen yawning "Do you want something to drink?"

"No thanks." Spike replied. He walked over to the coffee table and picked up the book Twilight was reading.

"101 Ways To Woo Your Mare." He muttered, reading the title aloud. "Twilight, why are you reading this? I thought that you thought these kinds of books were trash."

Twilight trotted back into the room taking a sip of water. Putting the glass down she levitated the book to her and answered. "Well, I needed some ideas on how to get Rarity's attention."

Spike frowned "I already think that you have her attention." he grumbled.

"Really!?" Twilight squealed. "Then I'm ahead of schedule!"

Spike grinned "Sorry to burst your delusional bubble Twilight, but I didn't mean that in a good way."

Twilight gave Spike a questioning look "What do you mean? You said that I have her attention."

Spike snorted "Yeah, as in you publicly embarrassed her and caused rumors about her to spread throughout Ponyville."

Twilight glared at him "It wasn't my fault. That lousy stallion tried to nab my marefriend. He was lucky that I was nice enough to not turn him into an orange!"

Spike facepalmed "Rarity is not your marefriend." He muttered as an afterthought "And she never will be."

"What did you say?" Twilight asked venomously.

Spike stepped closer to Twilight "I said that she will never be your marefriend."

"Oh yeah? And you think that she could ever be your marefriend?" Twilight angrily replied.

"Yeah, I do!" Spike yelled. "She doesn't love you that way, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't even want to see you after what you did!"

"Ha!" Twilight grinned maliciously "Why would she ever want a baby dragon! You've never had a chance with her, and there's not a chance that you ever will!" Twilight shouted, her vision making everything have a pinkish tint. She felt so angry after hearing Spike. Her anger drained away when she looked down at Spike, ready to let loose another insult. Spike's face was defiant and angry, but there were tears running down his face. Everything looked normal again and Twilight held her hoof to her mouth. What did I just do!?

"Spike, I'm sor-" Spike interrupted her.

"I don't want to hear it." Spike frowned, wiping his eyes. "I'm going to sleep." He stated before walking upstairs, grabbing his bed and placing it in the living room.

"But Spike I'm trying to te-" Twilight tried yet again to apologize.

"Just stop." Spike interjected before lying down on his bed and feigning sleep.

"Fine then!" Twilight snapped "I won't apologize!" She stormed upstairs and climbed into her own bed. He's wrong. Twilight thought to herself. I'll show him that I can get Rarity to be my marefriend. She was drifting off to sleep, as an idea came to her.

***

Once Rarity was inside the Carousel Boutique, she flopped as dignified as one could flop onto her couch and enjoyed the silence. She was comfortable enough to fall asleep when she heard the door open and Sweetie Belle shout "I'm home!"

"How was school?" Rarity sleepily mumbled.

Sweetie Belle trotted into the living room with a small frown. "It was okay, I guess." She glanced around nervously "Until I heard these rumors, and Scootaloo asked Miss Rainbow Dash about them." She gave Rarity a queasy look. "She started explaining this stuff to us, and I think I may be scarred for life."

"Ugh. Rainbow Dash is never going to hear the end of this." Rarity grumbled, completely sapped of energy. "Stop asking her questions." Rarity mumbled before falling asleep.

Sweetie Belle raised an eyebrow at her sister. Once Sweetie Belle was sure that her sister was asleep, she opened up her backpack and took out a book she was all too familiar with.

"Now, let's see if I can fix this..." She whispered aloud as she ran towards her room.