• Published 7th Oct 2011
  • 5,292 Views, 50 Comments

Alone in the Night - BrainLapse



While stargazing Twilight discovers something she never expected to find.

  • ...
1
 50
 5,292

Light of Day (part 2)

Applejack paused, surprised at Twilight's panic over Fluttershy being away from her cottage. She took a deep breath, cleared her throat, which effectively gained Twilight's attention.

"Twi, you do realise that today is the day that Fluttershy goes to the spa with Rarity, right?" Applejack stated. Upon hearing this, Twilight stopped struggling. She felt stupid. She had freaked out over nothing all because she forgot about Fluttershy's weekly spa day with Rarity. While she mentally berated herself on forgeting that piece of information, Applejack untied the purple unicorn. After Applejack was done, Twilight stood up and began to laugh nervously.

"Well now that was sure foalish of me." Twilight said, trying to break the awkward tension that had begun to form. Applejack just looked at Twilight, trying to figure why she had been so worked up about Fluttershy not being home. A few more moments passed, nothing being said between the two mares. Finally Applejack broke the silence between the two.

"Now sugarcube somethings on yer mind, Ah don't know what it is, but ya need to get yer head cleared. If ya need somepony to talk to, ya know Ah've always got time for a friend." Applejack told Twilight, the concer evident in her eyes. Sighing, Twilight looked down.

"Don't worry Applejack, I'm fine. I just needed to borrow a book on animals."Twilight lied," I can just get it from her later."

"Ya sure?" Applejack questioned, not entirely buying the lie.

"I'm fine Applejack. Anyway, I've got to get back home, plenty of books to read, spells to cast." Twilight replied, her eyes looking anywhere but Applejack.

"Alright then, Twi, Ah'll see ya around." Applejack said before heading back towards her cart.
Twilight let out a sigh of relief, glad that her encounter with the orange earth pony had ended without her making a bigger foal of herself. Silently, Twilight headed back to her library home.