• Published 17th May 2013
  • 5,917 Views, 100 Comments

Blooming Love. - Meow Mix



You x Applebloom. And a little Rumble x Scootaloo.

  • ...
5
 100
 5,917

Chapter 6 - Why me?

Thanks to PolarisFlare For editing and for the story idea.

Blooming Love.

Chapter 6 - Why Me?

You woke up to the sound of birds chirping about. A short beam of light flowed through the window, shining on your face. Occasionally there would be a gust of wind gently blowing against your mane, giving the relaxing sensations. As your eyes started to slowly open, you squint a little caused by your eyes adjusting to the light, in annoyance you groan and shift to the other side. This was your first mistake. Right in front of you, was Apple Bloom. You were now looking directly at her, both of your muzzles almost touching each other. Her breaths were silent but they had a sort of pattern to it. Each one tickled your nose, giving you the urge to itch. "Argh! How can things get any worse?!" you thought silently.

Seconds later, she opened her eyes.

A shade of red was starting to form on Apple Bloom's cheeks. And by the heat rising in yours, you were blushing too. It took a little while for her to register what she had woken up to. By now your muzzles were just touching each other. She finally found out what was going on and immediately gave out a loud but cute squeak while darting out of the bed and backing onto the wall.

“Oh uhm, G-good mornin'! Ah'm s-sorry fer um... you know. I-It was an a-accident, an-and...” she stuttered in embarrassment. A huge shade of crimson red had appeared once more on her face. Her eyes started to look left and right, trying to find a way to get out of this awkward situation. Her hoof was drawing circles on the ground.

“Umm, I ah- ah'mgonnatakeashowerokaybye!” she said as she galloped out of the door and into another room, to what you presume is the bathroom.

Once Apple Bloom had gone, she had left you completely in thought. One side of you was completely confused and another side was embarrassed and curious. What made you think even more was: How did she get her bow so fast? You looked back to the table that was once holding her bow.

* * * * *


Soon after the "incident", you decided to take the time and get out of Apple Bloom's bedroom. After all, it was getting quite uncomfortable in there, so you carefully walk down the Apple family's staircase. You heard something that sounded like rushing water just above you. You assumed it was Apple Bloom in the shower like she had said a few minutes ago. As you kept on walking, a sweet scent had caught the attention of your nose. The irresistible aroma was coming from the kitchen. As you entered the kitchen, you saw a rather old mare who seemed to be making a batch of apple fritters and other sorts of pastries.

“Well hello there! You must be Apple Bloom's colt friend right?” she asked with a big smile.
You blushed furiously afterwards.

“Wai-what? N-no of cour- I mean, um...” you said, stumbling across your words.

“Ah'm just teasing ya fella! Now are you hungry?” she said in the same western accent that her other family members shared.

You took a seat next to the elderly mare who had made herself present next to you. She placed the pastries onto the table. Steam slowly arose from them, causing your stomach to grumble loudly.

“Settle down there, sonny! They’re a bit hot. Let them cool down for a little while.”

“Okay,” you said in a slightly irritated tone.

“So... How’s Apple Bloom?” she asked with a wink.

This was going to be a long breakfast.

* * * * *


Apple Bloom's POV

Apple Bloom entered the bathroom and made sure to lock it as she closed the door. She gently place the red bow that was treasured to her most on the table alongside the other bathroom materials. Her blush had disappeared a little but was still there. She started to make her way to the shower, but what stopped her was the reflection of her appearance. Her mane was all in knots and buddles. Apple Bloom slowly turned one of the knobs that released the hot water, then slowly turned the other knob to balance the temperature to just the right one. Soon steam started to invade the air and gave a relaxing feeling to the room.

Once she had got it to the right temperature, she entered the shower. Upon contact with the water, her whole body seemed to shudder in surprise, but soon eased down after the warmth started to kick in. She soon started to close her eyes and began to let her thoughts take control. As soon as she started to think about the earlier events that took place, Apple Bloom once again could feel her cheeks warm up, and the thought of you made it even redder.

"Argh! Why do I always feel nervous when I think or see him?!" she thought to herself.
"Ever since the day I actually started to talk to him, I get a feeling whenever I.... think about him! Maybe it’s ju—" she paused in mid thought. Her heart seemed to be beating faster and faster. Her mind raced just as her heart did. That’s when it hit her. The same feeling had come back, but this was not caused by Aero, This was caused by—

Apple Bloom's thoughts started to crash as a loud continues bang coming from the door. This caused her to cringe slightly, almost falling to the ground.

“Apple Bloom! Get outta there! How long do ya have ta use the shower for?” said her sister. She soon realized that she had been in the shower more than the average.

“O-okay sis. Just hold on!”

* * * * *


You were filled with the scrumptious treats that Granny Smith had supplied, and you were quiet the whole time. All she would talk about was when she was young and how everything these days were different. To be quite honest, you were kinda interested of how Sweet Apple Acres had begun and how she had gotten her cutie mark.

Soon after, you said your goodbyes to the elderly mare and headed towards the barn. But as you were going to about to push the wooden door, a familiar voice flowed through your ears.

“W-wait!” Apple Bloom yelled.

“Oh hey, Apple Bloom! I was just going outside to wait A-are you okay?”

From head to tail, her body was to be drenched in water. She seemed to be shivering and the dripping water formed a small puddle under her. A small blush appeared onto her face, and she seemed to be facing away from you.

“I w-was wondering... wo-would you like to umm.. met up with Scootaloo? I-I think Rumble will be there too.”

At first, you were hesitant to even go. You know your mum would want to see you soon, but you also didn't want to let down Apple Bloom. Besides, she said Rumble was going to be there. But before you went, you came up with an idea.

“Yeah okay,” you said in the most normal boring tone. Apple Bloom seemed to be excited and happy. She was about to say something but you interrupted her just in time.

“BUT, I need to go home and at least check if my mom knows I'm okay. Who knows, she could get angry,” You explained.

After this being said, Apple Bloom started to frown a little and her ears fell a little. The once excited looking filly seemed to turn into a depressed sad pony. She took a deep sigh and softly said, "Okay."

“But you better come after that! Remember, meet us at the clubhouse.”

“Okay Okay... mom.”

“Shut up!” she said in anger and a little irritated in what you had just said. But you knew were just joking around.

“Now go,” she said playfully, nudging you into the direction of your humble home. And with that, you were off into the late morning chill.

* * * * *


As you slowly unlocked the front door leading to your demise. It opened up with a rusty "cling" sound. The swing of the door created a squeaky sound echoing through your hallway. This only alerted the pony that was called Autumn, and your mum. The sounds of hoofsteps could be heard coming towards you, and that sounded a bit rushed. You were beginning to prepare for a yelling. Soon a green-white striped mane could be seen though the distance, along with the head soon with the whole figure.

“Welcome home deary! How was your time at Apple Bloom's?” she said in a calm tone.

You were quite shocked at first, never before had she been this normal when you had been somewhere unexplained, overnight in this case. You would've thought she would scream at you.

“It was good! Umm... Mom was it okay... for me to have stayed for the night?”

“Of course it was! Applejack came over early this morning, telling me everything.”

“B-but I didn't tell you! I thought you'd be angry or something...” you said in confusion.

“But you had all the reasons to stay. I would've wanted you to stay under cover than try to make your way home in a storm.” she said in the most caring manner.

“I guess. Anyways I was just coming to tell you, but I have to meet Apple Bloom at her place again. Is it okay if I um...”

“Of course it is, dear.”

“Thanks mum!” you said in gratitude. But before you could leave, she said something that made you blush in embarrassment.

“I hope you love birds have fun!” she said in a sarcastic tone, giggling.

Great.

Author's Note:

This was a rather "fun" chapter to write. I have been a little caught up once again in school work. It was cut into A LOT of free time and i hardly get any time to write, So i apologies for the lack of chapters Once again.... On a side note I'm starting to take ideas. Feel free to comment what you wish could happen in future events for this story. I hope you enjoy.

-Meow Mix