• Published 17th May 2013
  • 5,918 Views, 100 Comments

Blooming Love. - Meow Mix



You x Applebloom. And a little Rumble x Scootaloo.

  • ...
5
 100
 5,918

Chapter 7 - Awkward and Relaxing moments

Thanks to PolarisFlare For editing.

Blooming Love.

Chapter 7 - Awkward and Relaxing moments

By now you had stepped out of your humble home. As the wooden door slowly closes back into place, a loud bang could be heard from it. You take a deep breath and begin to speed up your pace. Trees around you were swaying in total bliss while nearby birds were chirping away. Yesterdays storm seemed to have passed over, leaving ponyville with a glorious cloudless day. Something that would come not too often, Celestia's sun shone throughout the land, giving things like grass its natural green texture and ponds and lakes its blue color and an aura of mystery. Various ponies walked around the streets, since it was a late Sunday morning. The middle of town was quite busy. Most of them bought their groceries while some would enjoy a nice walk out on this lovely day.

Soon you had made yourself into the less busy part of Ponyville, where only a few ponies roamed the streets. What was once a stone path turned into a dirt trail, along with a white long wooden fence stretching for miles through the distance. You were getting close as this lead to your destination. On the other side was what seemed to be thousands of trees, all filled with delectable apples. Though this wasn't really appealing to you, as you had already eaten them from previous events.

You continued to walk hastily. Moments later, an opening into the acres grew visible. A sign appeared and written in it was "Sweet Apple Acres" in big letters. You stared at it for a while, but a voice caught you off guard.

“Hey! Over here!”

As you slowly looked behind the big letters, an orange pegasus could be seen. Her purple mane and coat could easily be recognized anywhere. You begin to walk over to her.

“Oh hey Scootaloo,” you said.

“Hey!” She said with a faint smile.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were with Apple Bloom and Rumble?”

“Well the thing is... I've been waiting here... for somepony.”

“Who? Me?” you asked in confusion.

“No, not you. Somepony else,” She said, sounding out the last word quietly.

“Then who could it b—” you were stopped by a thought in your head.
The gears in your head started to turn, You raised a hoof and smacked yourself for not coming up with the answer right away instead of just leaving it at that. You decided to tease her about it. A small devilish smile started to form on your face.

“Ooooh I get it... You're waiting for Rumble~” you said in a mocking tone.

“Ya think? Now hurry up be—”

“Shouldn't you be up with Apple Bloom?” you asked.

“Well yeah, but I mean Rumbl— um...” She stutters, a small but furious blush appeared on her face. Her blush was obvious albeit her orange coat.

“I think you have a soft spot for Rumble. It’s starting to look like you like him,” you said in the most teasing manner.

“Sh-shut up! Why don't you go there with your marefriend Apple Bloom?!”

“She’s not my ma—”

“Sure seems like it! Why don't you ‘snuggle’ with her again?” she teased.

“Yeah w-well... Just shut up. Okay?”

“Me? Shut up? You started it in the first place!” Scootaloo said angrily.
As the two of you kept on arguing, standing before them was a light grey colt with a face of both embarrassment and confusion. Once Scootaloo had noticed Rumble’s presence, she admittedly stopped talking and took a few steps back, hiding the blush with her tail.

“Uh... Hey guys?” He said in a confused tone.

“Hey Rumble,” you said with a smile.

“Hey Scoots.” Rumble now looked towards the embarrassed blushing filly.

“Oh! Uh-uhm... h-hey Rumble! Say h-how long have you been h-here?” she asked in a slightly scared voice.

“Just got here actually. Sorry I'm late by the way. Stupid brother made me do the dishes. Why? were you talk—”

“No! I mean no. We were talking about nothing, isn't that right?” She punched you on the shoulder. It looked like it was only just light, but it stung. This filly was a lot stronger then she looked.

“Yeah yeah,” you said rubbing your shoulder.

* * * * *


After the little ordeal that had happened a few minutes ago, the three of you were now making your way to Apple Bloom's house. The sun only made it harder than it already was. Out of all the places, her house had to be on a massive hill. Small droplets of sweat went down your forehead. One of your group members started to speak up.

“This is what I hate about coming to Apple Bloom's. She lives on a big hill! Why can't she just come and meet us down at the entrance?” Scootaloo complained. You decided not to pay any attention to her. You wouldn’t want her to hit you again. You held your shoulder. The pain was subsiding, but was still there. You could've sworn there was a bruise forming.

Soon rumble started to slow down, letting Scootaloo to catch up, and you lead the way. When she noticed what Rumble was doing, she blushed and giggled a little. Her giggles are contagious, so Rumble did the same thing.

Minutes of walking later, the house came into view. A small yellow figure could be seen from the entrance. It was Apple Bloom. She looked different this time. Instead of her usual one large red bow that she would usually have in her mane, she had another one, but smaller, had made its place on her tail. Her mane had looked like it had been straightened.

She looked kinda cute.

Once she had spotted you, her eyes darted away from you so quickly. Soon, Scootaloo started to wave to her fellow crusader.

“Hey Apple Bloom!” Scootaloo yelled with great excitement.

“Oh hi Scoots! Hey rumble! Hey—”

She then turned to you, her cheeks turned into a furious crimson red while her eyes started to dilate. She took a deep breath and gave a confident look. “Hey.”

“He-hey Apple Bloom.” you greeted.

Scootaloo started to giggle and started to push you closer to the southern filly. By now, the two of you were face to face. Another giggle could also be heard, but this time it sounded like it was from a colt more than a filly. Rumble also decided to take part in Scootaloo's actions.

Then something that caused Apple Bloom to freak out again. Your muzzles touched each other again. This causing her to remake the exact same events of this morning. “A-ahm sorry.” she said in a shy embarrassed tone. Her cheeks were flushed in a deep red and her ears started to go down. Rumble appeared to be almost on the ground, laughing his head off. The only thing that stopped him was his inner self desperately saying to hold it in. Scootaloo also looked like she was going to burst out in laughter, but not so much as the colt beside him.

“Its okay,” you said in confidence. Apple Bloom seemed to calm down a little by your relaxed composure. Soon things started to become awkward not just for you but also for Rumble and Scootaloo. The two seemed to be a couple of metres away from you and Apple Bloom. They appeared to be looking away from each other, each one not even daring to move an inch without one of them breaking the silence. You decided it was best to talk, saving both Rumble and Scootaloo from the somewhat eternal silence.

“So uhhh guys... what do you want to do?”

* * * * *


It has been probably a few good couple of hours of mucking around in the orchard. Various games were played from Hide and Seek to Tip. You and Rumble were skeptical at first, since Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were teasing you guys. They said things like "Come on, you wusses!" and "Are you guys chickens?" When they said these, You and Rumble took up to the game. After a few games, you got into the rhythm of it. Apple Bloom seemed to be really happy through the last couple of hours, not just a normal happy filly though. No. When you looked into her eyes, she showed her true self. Something that you hadn't realized only to this day.

Once everypony had enough of the childish games, Rumble was the first to give in. He had laid down nearby apple tree. He had said something to do with taking a nap, but you were too tired to even notice. You decided to join him, but on another tree, looking towards him. He didn't mind at all and shrugged it off and closed his eyes afterwards. Apple Bloom gave out a high pitch yawn. This caused something in your head to stir in wonder.

“I think I’m gonna rest a little.” She made her way right next to you, closing the small gap that was between the both of you. Scootaloo seemed hesitant at first, a blush had made its way over her face once she knew the only spot left was next to Rumble.

“H-Hey Rumble, can I sit n-next to you if you don't mind?” she said, shaking a little.

“S-Sure,” he said both in excitement and anxiety.

Apple Bloom's crimson red mane was touching the tip of your shoulder, causing you to flinch a little. Her head was starting to lean on your side. As every second passed, it seemed like it was getting closer to its destination: your shoulder.

Scootaloo seemed to be shifting uncomfortably side by side, She was not really sure on what way to rest, and Rumble didn't help things get better either. You could hear Rumble take a deep breath. He seemed to be preparing for something that could cause a fidgety Scootaloo to calm down or either to jump up in surprisement and embarrassment. With nothing left to lose, Rumble went for it. His right hoof extended really slowly, almost like an animal hunting its prey. Once his hoof touched Scootaloo's back, she gasped and flinched a little in surprise. Soon as she realized it was Rumble extending a hoof around her, she was quite confused and a faint smile had formed on her face as well as her red blush. Scootaloo relaxed onto his arm.

While you were distracted by this scene. You had completely forgot about time. How long had you been staring for? You knew it was quite long, because the sun’s ray upon the orchard had changed to a orange colour. But something had caught your attention. Down on your belly was a sleeping filly. Her head seemed to be gently laid down. Each breath sent a jolt of electricity through your spine. Her ears twitched at the slightest every now and then.

Soon a blanket of pressure had gain up upon your eyes. You were not quite sure if it was Apple Bloom's company or you were just tired for this to be happening. You took a glance towards Scootaloo and Rumble. Her head was laid onto his shoulder while his hoof was now wrapped around her stomach. Soon your eyes started to close. Darkness was just around the corner for you, and before everything turned black. a voice came from below you.

“Please stay,” she said, nuzzling on your stomach.

Author's Note:

So I started to add in more Scootaloo x rumble. Just to change things. I've been quite busy over the past weeks, writing this chapter, One for my other story and another new story I am working on right now, If you have been paying attention to what second person stories i've done, and who there starring(scootaloo and applebloom), You'll pretty much know who will be in the next story with you,

So please enjoy this chapter ^.^