• Published 17th May 2013
  • 5,915 Views, 100 Comments

Blooming Love. - Meow Mix



You x Applebloom. And a little Rumble x Scootaloo.

  • ...
5
 100
 5,915

Chapter 8 - Heartwarming moments

Thanks to PolarisFlare For editing.

Blooming Love

Chapter 8 - Heartwarming Moments

A cold breeze was present through the air. The sun had gone down but it was still bright enough to see. Your eyes started to open, and you were welcomed by the many trees that took over the land. The orchard had a mysterious haze that could be easily seen through the distance. The moon was slightly visible, and seemed to be lighting up the sky along with the sun. You started to look around the place. You saw the trees, same as usual. They stretched for miles on both ends. You turned your attention to two foals the moment you saw them. Scootaloo and Rumble were hugging each other tightly as if they were trying to use their body heat to warm themselves up. A few clouds in the sky had an orange tint on them, mostly caused by the sun setting just enough for its rays to hit the clouds.

Just beneath you was a sleeping filly by the name of Apple Bloom, who seemed to be sound asleep. Her head was rested on your chest while her hooves were holding you into a deep and warm embrace. One of your hooves seemed to have made its way on her mane. You slowly caressed her crimson red mane, your hoof gliding across it easily. Apple Bloom would moan in bliss and comfort every now and then. Soon her body started to move around. Aware of the sensations on her whole body, she let out a small groan and lifted her head up. Her eyes were now just starting to open up as the world welcomed her. On the other side, you saw Scootaloo who seemed to be a bit aggravated and just buried deeper into Rumble’s coat.

Apple Bloom, who now was completely aware of where she was, didn't really bother to move or do anything about it. Once her eyes were about to come in contact with yours, you immediately shut them as if you were still asleep. A few painful seconds went by, you were not quite sure if she noticed you, but soon her head rested back to where it was before. She snuggled into your chest, her cheeks brushed against your coat. Soon a scratchy voice came from the other side where Rumble and Scootaloo were.

“Looks like someone is getting comfortable with a certain colt, aye Bloom?” Scootaloo said with a teasing voice. Her voice seemed to have toned down down when Rumble slowly moved a little.

“Wh-what?” She said in a surprised tone. “Ah was j-just cold, A-ah mean, umm... But lo-looks like you and Rumble seemed to be bonding with each other a little too much, huh Scootaloo?” Soon both Scootaloo and Apple Bloom tried to break free from their embraces. You opened one eye and saw both fillies having furious blushes and seemed to be looking to the ground as they were doing so. You felt Apple Bloom's hooves trying to break free from your body and soon seemed to be a bit disappointed on doing so. “Ah needa talk to you after ‘bout somethin’,” Apple Bloom said to the orange pegasus.

“Same here. Something's been bugging me, but i'll tell you later too.”

Soon Rumble had woken up, now aware of his surroundings and seemed a bit drowsy. A big yawn came from him before he spoke. “Ughhh, How long has it been?” He asked in the sleepiest tone. He looked up into the sky, only to be welcomed to a dark afternoon. “Shoot! I should've been home before sunset!” He said, panicking.

“Sorry guys, but I have to get home! See you guys later,” he said flapping his wings, getting ready to head off.

“Wait!” Scootaloo shouted before his departure. Her eyes were looking towards the ground and her cheeks gave out a shade akin to Apple Bloom’s mane. Her hooves hesitantly opened up for an embrace. Rumble also seemed to blush at the the sight. Apple Bloom couldn't help but squeal silently. Soon the two of them held each other for a good five seconds. Scootaloo leaned and nuzzled his left cheek, leaving Rumble completely flushed in red.

“See ya tomorrow!” She said with a smile.

“B-Bye.” He said stuttering a little. A few seconds later, he was off.

Everything seemed to have went quiet from then. The sky was almost dark, the moon started taking control over it as some stars seemed to have faded into view and the sounds of crickets could be heard through the orchard.

“It’s probably time for me to go too. It’s getting late and I don't want my parents to flip out again. See ya guys...”

“Bye Scoots,” Apple Bloom said with a faint smile. You also said your goodbyes and watched her figure disappear into the night gloom.


Just as you thought she had gone, Scootaloo yelled, “Love birds!”. She galloped away, giggling like a maniac. A small blush formed on your cheeks as you could feel the heat building up. Apple Bloom seemed to be giving an obvious sign of embarrassment as she started to look away from you and she drew circles onto the ground. Soon the atmosphere around you and her was starting to get awkward. It was now a matter of time to who was going to break the silence.

“H-hey Apple Bloom?” You said in difficulty.

“Mmmmhhmm?” She said humming to herself.

“I think its also time for me to g—”

“No! A-ah mean it's still early, can’t you just stay for a lil' longer?” Her tone sounded slightly disappointed.

“I-I'm sorry, but I really think I should,” you said in hesitation.

Apple Bloom looked like she done something to offend you, but accepted the fact that you could not hang around any more.

“Okay,” she said in defeat. Her ears dropped down and a frown started to form on her face, but before you could even make a move, a set of yellow hooves suddenly wrapped around your waist, pulling you into a tight comfortable hug. Her chin lightly rested on your shoulder. You took this opportunity and did the same thing and wrapped your hooves around her. She hugged you more tightly as soon as she felt your hooves around her.

Time seemed to freeze as the two of you cuddled under the swaying trees that surrounded the orchard. You could have sworn that she mumbled something in your coat, but you decided not to make a big deal out of it. Moments later, she was the first one to let go. A small gentle smile grew on her face.

“Bye,” you said before making your way towards to the orchard entrance.

“See ya at school.” Apple Bloom replied.

* * * * *

As weeks and days went on, the relationship between you and Apple Bloom grew. What used to be countless days being by yourself doing absolutely nothing were now filled with adventures and other sorts of mischievous games with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. But when they were not available to either meet up and hang out, you and your mum would try and fit some things in. You noticed that Autumn had been spending more time at home rather than working all the time. Whenever she would be at home, she would always try to spend some time with you.

Scootaloo and Rumble seemed to have become quite close. Rumble would always brag about how perfect Scootaloo was and he would never shut up about it. But being his best friend, you could tolerate him… for some extent of time. Apple Bloom told you she was starting to also have a crush on a colt, but she made you “Pinkie promise” not to tell anyone including Rumble.

Speaking of the yellow farm filly, she had been wanting to spend more time together. She recently invited you over to stargazing once again. Sadly the weather on that night was scheduled to be cloudy and cold, so it was called off. Instead, you invited her to Sugarcube Corner for lunch. She was surprisingly excited for it.

Something bugged you about Apple Bloom recently. she was acting weirder and weirder every day when she was around you. You just couldn’t point it out.

* * * * *

“Hey Apple Bloom.”

“...”

“Umm... Apple Bloom...”

“...”

“Apple Bloom!” You yelled a bit too loud.

“Wha?! What?!” Apple Bloom finally breaks out of the reverie she was once in. The two of you were at Sugarcube Corner, eating away at your double chocolate chip cupcake while Apple Bloom was staring at you more than she was eating. Below her was a barely touched strawberry milkshake. It took a few seconds for Apple Bloom to realize what she was doing.

“S-sorry... heh... Guess ah was just thinking,” she said with a small blush.

“Are you sure? I mean you've been doing that a lot pretty much for a while. Are you okay?” You asked with a little concern behind your voice. Apple Bloom looked a little hesitant at first to talk, but replied with a little sigh.

“It’s nothing to worry about. Look, I'll see you at school, okay? I have to get home.”

Before you could even speak let alone make a move, you were pulled into a very tight yet comfortable embrace. Apple Bloom pulled you in for a hug from your midsection, her head nuzzling through your coat. Your hooves are now wrapped around the farm filly. Smiles were planted on both of your faces. Apple Bloom was the first to end the embrace. You were surprisingly disappointed that it had to end. Something inside you just wanted to stay in the embrace and never let go.

“Bye!” She said before rushing off towards Sweet Apple Acres.

Author's Note:

ahhh and only took me 6 months.. Sorry guys I have been having some writers block, this one is short but i got a chapter in progress that should be more longer, Hope you guys enjoy and extra thanks to the people who have stayed waiting for a long time.

Comments ( 20 )

And lo the story makes it's return! Nice job man I look forward to more of this. :D

Kufufufufu~ Wonderful and magnificent as always. I just cant wait for more. I swear i feel like im always forgetting something... oh well, Ciao Friend. Kufufufufu~

F1utt3rShI~

(Daemon Spade)

Crap I really gotta buckle down if even you are back

3645937

3648230

3647162
As of now I am in progress of the next chapter, as well as another that I will try and write that one for christmas, sooo if i get things in time expect 2 more chapters in the next 5 days.

On what day? im so excited

*Gasp* 666 views on this chapter!

OMG I love this! MOAR!:flutterrage:

When I went to read this story I guess I wasn't expecting... well... this. To be honest, I think I was expecting some sort of run down story with hardly any plot. I don't know. What I do know on the other hand, is that this story is actually pretty good. I wish the best of luck and wish for it to continue fluently! :pinkiehappy:

I LOVE this story. I can't wait until it gets updated! :pinkiehappy:

Chapter please :duck:


3655937 What a load of bunk. COME ON its been a year!

5584357
5371113
Ehhh to be honest I have lost interest in writing, I've had the biggest writers block.

I seriously hate seeing a sad Apple Bloom or any CMC member. However, I do like the idea of childhood sweethearts and it is quite touching, so you not only get a like from me, but also a favourite and a track.

I'm liking this one!

I know she's kind of supposed to be my girlfriend in this fanfic but I see her more or less as my daughter. (I don't WANT to be a father I'm only eighteen.)

cmon man, come finish it! I'd love a closure to this cute lil story.

11576569
don't worry because Meow Mix has given me permission to continue this story so if you want to see the continuation just pop on over to my user page

Login or register to comment