• Published 16th May 2013
  • 969 Views, 74 Comments

Fluttersized 2: Barro Vs. Trixie - Barrobroadcaster



Shortly after Fluttersized: The Alternate Chapters, Michael Hay and I are shocked to find that Trixie has stolen the idea for Fluttersized and plans to make a movie.

  • ...
4
 74
 969

Big, Flashy Special Effects

"There it is! The studios!" Michael gestured to a building below. The lights on the buildings were off but the Unicorneversal Studios logo was illuminated above the main gate. The two princesses and Halfling flew right over the main gate and landed right in the lot.

"I still don't see how going to the studio is a good idea," Barro said as Luna released him.

"You'll see," Michael said. The ponies walked over to one of the main studio buildings in the back, just to the left of the offices they tried to enter just that morning. The lot was completely silent. Fortunately, one good thing about Trixie being huge was that it would be easy to hear her coming.

"We must do something about Trixie. The longer we wait, the more damage is done to the city," Celestia reminded them.

Barro's gaze lowered. "And enough damage has already been done to the city.

"Hey, chin up Barro. It's not your fault," Night consoled him.

"How isn't it? If I hadn't left the notebook outside, we wouldn't be in this mess. None of this would've happened, Trixie would still be the same size and Canterlot wouldn't be in danger again."

"Hmm," Celestia said. "You remind me a lot of Twilight Sparkle."

Barro stopped in his tracks. "I do?"

The princess turned and nodded. "You both push yourselves very hard to achieve your goals. Too hard at times. And you're very hard on yourselves when something goes wrong."

Michael chuckled. "And you both whine a lot and get really mad over little things."

"Little things?" Barro repeated. "Do I really need to remind you about the giant super-powered... whatever she is trying to kill us?"

Night put a hoof to his chin and thought. "Giant super-powered alicorn. Hmm. Supercorn? Ubercorn?"

"Don't uber and super mean the same thing?" Luna asked.

"Yes, but uber starts with 'u' like unicorn. It also sounds cooler," Night replied.

"It's not bad but it really needs more of a great and powerful touch for somepony as mighty as Trixie."

"Well, I just came up with it off the top of my... wait, who asked that?" Night asked, looking around. The group froze in place and slowly looked up. On top of one of the buildings to their side and looking down at them was the ubercorn in question.

"Did you miss Trixie?" Trixie asked.

"RUN AGAIN!" Michael shouted and burst off to the right. A giant beam scorched the pavement where he'd just been standing moments ago.

"How did she sneak up on us?!" Night Glider yelled.

"She may have used the ninja spell!" Luna commented.

"Why is there a ninja spell?!" Barro asked. Trixie slammed a hoof into the ground and dismounted the rooftop of the side building.

"Great! It looks like she's going to kill us regardless of whether she destroys the studio or not! Awesome plan, Michael!" Barro shouted sarcastically.

"Keep running!" Michael shouted. The five ponies galloped to the other studio building. Michael opened the door and the ponies dashed inside. The door slammed shut behind them as Trixie stomped the pavement.

The studio building was large, it had to be big enough to contain multiple sets and the equipment required. While not as big as the super market, the ceiling was higher and there was only one exit, the door they just entered from. The middle of the room was vacant for the moment, Michael to a platform in the back.

"All right Michael. What's in here that's going to help us stop Trixie?" Barro asked.

"Weren't we going to construct some kind of fake prop and make her switch it with the Alicorn Amulet?" Night wondered.

The walls rumbled as Trixie struck them but they held. The studio building's sides were stronger but even then, they wouldn't hold up against the megamare's full might.

"We can't just stay here forever!" Barro said, backing away from the wall. "Mihcael... what are you doing?"

The platform Michael was on was designed to go up to the ceiling for light maintenance. However, Michael pressed a button on the controls and he and the platform began to descend into the floor.

"Where are you going?!" Barro shouted as he watched his friend sink into the floor. The four other ponies ran to the back to where the platform was.

"Where is he going?" Luna asked.

"I don't know. I didn't even know the lift could do that," Night Glider said. Suddenly, the ground beneath them began to shake.

"Trixie's mad. I don't know how much longer the building can hold up," Barro remarked, worried. The building shook again, the ground beneath them kept vibrating.

"I don't think that's Trixie," Celestia said, looking at the floor.

Barro was confused at the statement, his eyes glued on the ceiling. "What? What do you mean by that?"

"If it's not Trixie... then what is it?" Night asked, looking around himself. Both princesses continued looking at the floor. A crease appeared through the center of the solid floor in front of them. The crease expanded, slowly two pieces of the floor pulled back like an enormous door. The two pieces slid back and away revealing a gigantic hole, a lower part of the studio below them.

Their backs to the wall, lights in the square box-hole in front of them slowly turned on illuminating the sides of the walls. A platform at the bottom began raising.

"What... the hell... is that?" Night Glider asked. Luna and Celestia almost marveled at the strange figure occupying most of the platform that raise along with it. Barro had trouble believing it himself.

"And this is the point of a huge special effects budget," Michael said, standing on the platform as it reached floor-level with the other ponies.

"Michael... what did you..." Barro asked. Standing in front of them on the platform was several tons of metal, an iconic symbol recognizable immediately from Michael Hay's very own movie, Transformares. Rising from the depths of the studio came something straight out of film itself.

"It's Megatrot," Luna said, her voice in sheer awe of being so close to an actual prop from the movie. Transfromares, based on the 1980s cartoon of the same series and name featured giant transforming robots fighting head to head against each other in enormous effects-driven battles that audiences loved. Michael was renowned for his action sequences, even if his storylines could use work. Still, his cutie mark was an explosion within an explosion for a reason: he knew how to do special effects. When he directed the rebooted Transformares, he spent most of the budget for the movie building working giant robots.

"There's only one way we're going to get that amulet off Trixie," Michael said, standing next to the silver giant pony robot movie villain. "By burning it off of her."

Michael pressed a button on a modified SNES controller he was holding and a jet of flame erupted from its mouth. The fire shot out and scorched the ceiling and impacted the wall it was facing, sending cinders down to the floor. Both princesses' eyes lit up at the pyrotechnics display. Night Glider applauded, Barro facehooved.

"Trixie might be invincible. But your notebook, her hat, her cape, all flammable. And covered in all the food you've spilled on it? Your notebook is VERY flammable. And the amulet's right underneath it. We catch that book on fire and she'll rip it off and the amulet to keep her mane from burning," Michael explained.

Barro's jaw almost hit the floor. It was a plan, an actual, doable plan. It could work and it actually involved Michael Hay's incredibly over-blown special effects. For once, his cinema-insulting cinematography was going to be used for good instead of negligent evil.

Author's Note:

Yes, after talking about Transformares for chapter after chapter, it finally becomes relevant.