• Published 16th May 2013
  • 968 Views, 74 Comments

Fluttersized 2: Barro Vs. Trixie - Barrobroadcaster



Shortly after Fluttersized: The Alternate Chapters, Michael Hay and I are shocked to find that Trixie has stolen the idea for Fluttersized and plans to make a movie.

  • ...
4
 74
 968

Big Savings

"What are we going to do about Trixie?" Barro asked. "How do we get her back to normal size and... where she's not trying to destroy us?"

Another crash, followed by a low rumble. It sounded as if Trixie just leveled a building nearby.

"I'm not sure," Celestia said, thinking. "Our magic can only counter that of the amulet. As long as she's wearing it, she has access to unlimited magical power. And with her increased size..."

Across the alleyway, a red beam struck a building. A five-story office building, three floors were incinerated in a flash. The billboard that had been mounted to the roof caught ablaze and burned as it fell to the ground.

"It seems she's mastered the death ray spell," Luna commented.

"There's a spell called 'death ray'?!" Night Glider screeched the question. Luna nodded silently.

"Why is there a spell called 'death ray'?!"

Luna then shrugged silently. The actor-Halfling curled into a ball with his wings shielding his body.

"I have an idea," Michael said.

"Does it involve the studio?" Barro asked.

"Ye-"

"We are NOT going to film giant Trixie destroying the town," Barro stated flatly.

"No! I actually have an idea. We could make a fake Alicorn Amulet with the stuff at the studio!"

"Hmm," Celestia put a hoof to her chin. "That is how it was removed from her the first time. Twilight explained it in one of her letters. She and her friends convinced Trixie that there was an item more powerful than the Alicorn Amulet."

"Do you really think it will work twice?" Luna asked. Celestia opened her mouth to answer when the giant unicorn's head stuck around the building.

"Well, if it isn't the little princesses," Trixie said, stepping in front of the alleyway so that now she blocked their escape.

"Trixie, you are endangering all of Equestria! You must remove that amulet at once and return to normal size!" Celestia declared. She flew into the air and stopped just in front of the giant unicorn's face.

"And what exactly happens if the GREAT and POWERFUL and HUMONGOUS Trixie doesn't want to return HER amulet and return to normal size?" Trixie asked the hovering white alicorn.

"Then, you deal with me," Celestia responded. Despite being dwarfed by the enormous blue mare, Celestia's presence made her seem just as threatening. The princess had ruled Equestria for over a thousand years, raised both the sun and the moon, maintained balance and harmony for an entire planet and had a wealth of knowledge about magic. Her power was rivaled by few, she would not be intimidated by a bully, no matter how big. Celestia's expression was fierce and determined while Trixie's face slowly spread into a smug smirk. The two stared each other down for a moment. Then, Trixie simply exhaled a gust from her lungs and blew Celestia away like a fly.

"Dealt with," Trixie remarked. "And now to deal with the rest of you." Trixie charged up her horn and fired another blast at point blank range. The red beam was only narrowly deflected by Luna's shield. It would've bounced back and hit Trixie again but the mare raised her legs and the ray flew underneath her. It pulverized a motel across the street and kept going, melting away other buildings in its path along the block.

Celestia swooped down and grabbed Barro, Luna grabbed hold of Michael and the two sisters took flight. Night Glider waved an apologetic good-bye at Trixie before taking to the skies himself. The ponies flew over the rooftops, Barro and Michael's limbs dangling as they held onto the alicorns for dear life.

"Where is the studio from here?" Celestia asked, her voice calm.

"Towards the south end of town by the-" Michael started but was cut off. Another giant beam sailed past them. Trixie had taken flight and was now hot in pursuit. The giant mare's eyes glowed white-hot with power. Smiling, her horn glowed crimson as she fired another blast at her prey.

"WoooAH!!" Michael screamed. Luna dodged, a huge red bolt of energy almost grazed her wing.

"We're sitting ducks in the air! We have to get down low, force her to the ground where we'll be harder to hit!" Night called. Celestia and Luna agreed, carrying the ponies, they soared over a couple more roofs and then ducked down to the street below, diving quickly. Trixie, being larger took a little bit longer to stop and flew over a few more buildings before she could change directions.

The five ponies landed in the middle of the street and immediately took off running perpendicular to their flight path to the east down the street.

"Now's our chance to lose her! Ummm," Barro thought out loud. He looked around, trying to find a building to hide in. Quickly, he spotted a large building nearby that still had lights on. FlimFlam Mart, open twenty-four/seven, the large store seemed like their only option.

"There! In there!" Barro called to the others. He dashed for the building with the others close behind him. Automated doors slid open as they ran inside and then quickly closed behind them. None of them spared a glance over their heads to see if Trixie was behind them. They didn't hear anything though, no loud noises or rumbles, nothing but the subtle background music being piped through the store's overhead speakers.

"There are still ponies shopping this late?" Michael asked, looking around. To their right, a long line of check-out lanes were busy helping customers through. Ponies pushing carts, entire families waited their turn to pay and leave. Despite the carnage outside, the shoppers and sales clerks remained oblivious in the well-lit wonderland of consumer goods.

"You think Trixie will find us here?" Night asked.

"It's one of the only stores on the block open this late. She'll probably check this place first just because of the lights," Barro said.

"We must warn the innocents then," Celestia said. She stepped forward and spread her wings, displaying the full regal authority of her presence. "Attention everypony! You are all in grave danger and must vacate the premise at once!" she announced. But the shoppers continued shopping, hardly any paid attention the princess' warning.Those that did stared blankly at the five ponies standing by the entrance, almost looking beyond them.

"What's wrong with them? Don't they know they're in danger?" Night Glider asked. The consumer ponies seemed to be completely oblivious to the message despite the fact it had been delivered by the princess herself.

Michael shrugged. "They're lost in the moment, completely absorbed by their daily lives. I've seen this before. You need to do something big to get their attention."

Barro looked at the ponies. "What can we do? Just shout at the top of our lungs something crazy like-"

"RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" Luna said in the Royal Canterlot Voice. "THERE IS A GIANT MONSTER OUTSIDE THAT WANTS TO EAT YOU!" the princess's voice echoed off the walls and was projected to the back of the story ensuring that every pony in the building heard the warning. Naturally, they panicked. Ponies screamed, yelled and ran as chaos descended upon the store.

"Giant monster?! What do we do?!"

"Get the kids to the carriage!"

"The monster is OUTSIDE! You want our children to get eaten?"

A pair of foals looked up with frightened faces at their arguing parents. The cashiers and clerks, trained specifically to react calmly and rationally to help maintain order in such a situation, had lost all sense of reason and immediately began running throughout the store, shouting in terror and knocking over displays.

"Somepony get the manager!"

"I am the manager! Somepony get me out of here!"

"I'm too original to die! And I'm up for a promotion next week!"

"Screw next week! Congratulations, you're the new manager! Now save me!"

The panicking ponies scrambled, dropping everything and rushing around. Eventually, their fear turned them to the exits either at the front or back of the store. Some ran past the two princesses and three smaller ponies standing in front of the entrance, others jumped through the windows. The five just stood there as the shoppers ran around them. The 'giant monster' was outside the store, why were they acting like it was inside? Panic did things to a crowd of ponies, it made them act strange.

"Well... at least Trixie's only after us," Michael commented at the now vacant store.

"What do you mean 'at least'?" Barro asked. Michael shrugged in response and Barro let out a sigh.

"C'mon. We can get out through the Home and Garden section in the back," Night said, taking the lead. The other ponies followed the level-headed Halfling. He might not have been a famous actor yet but one thing was for certain, Night Glider knew how to act under pressure. The five ponies walked through the store, the only sound being the low music playing through the intercom system as they headed to through to the back.