• Published 16th May 2013
  • 969 Views, 74 Comments

Fluttersized 2: Barro Vs. Trixie - Barrobroadcaster



Shortly after Fluttersized: The Alternate Chapters, Michael Hay and I are shocked to find that Trixie has stolen the idea for Fluttersized and plans to make a movie.

  • ...
4
 74
 969

A little idea

It was late at night by the time Trixie arrived in the outskirts of Canterlot.The sun had gone down, street lamps and light from buildings provided the only illumination the to city. What she'd overheard on the train had not been an exaggeration; the city had been destroyed by two giant pegasi fighting. The train station was still intact but the streets that led into town were covered in debris. City workers, even the royal guards were trying to clear the rubble off the roads and paths. Trixie gritted her teeth and stamped the ground. With the city in ruins, she had no way of returning home to her apartment. She didn't even know if the building it was in was still standing for her to return to.

Trixie turned away from the roads leading into town. It would likely be hours before the crew cleared the debris and she didn't want to spend all night waiting. Trixie's eyes were on the pavement as she walked along the outskirts of the city, deep in thought. If she had the Alicorn Amulet, she could remove all that rubble in no time. The rubble that Twilight Sparkle's friends had made of Canterlot. She tried not to let such thoughts get the better of her. Since interacting with Twilight and her friends, Trixie had tried to change her attitude. It wasn't always easy though and she had a long road ahead of her. Like the road home, it was also clutterd with debris.

When a giant-sized Fluttershy arrived in Ponyville, Trixie had at first tried to protect the town. Then when it was revealed that it was Twilight Sparkle's magical experiment that had gigantified her friend, Trixie had tried to help return her to normal. But all that she'd managed to do was cause more trouble and in the end, Fluttershy had flown off. Twilight and her friends had apparently pursued Fluttershy by balloon to Canterlot where some other kind of fight had ensued, apparently between Fluttershy and ANOTHER giant-sized pegasus. Trixie hadn't been included in the trip to Canterlot. It had taken her this long just to get Canterlot by train. Now, she returned to the aftermath of a catastrophe and was just concerned with getting home after the day's events. She sighed heavily.

Something caught Trixie's eye in the grass on the side of the road. She didn't know what it was at first, it looked like a piece of furniture or a piano of some kind. She approached it, curious. The light from the street lamp illuminated one corner of it. Its surface was a pale white criss-crossed by lines. Dark symbols adorned the spaces between the lines and ran along the length of the surface. Wind blew and the top of it ruffled in the breeze. It was a book, a giant notebook.

Using her magic, Trixie pulled the book under the light of the neares streetlamp. Why would somepony write in a giant notebook? Wouldn't that make writing more difficult? Or... or was this some kind of notebook for a giant pegasus? Trixie looked around. She was alone. Maybe the Megasi weren't caused by Twilight Sparkle's spell mishap. Maybe they were real creatures, flying around, threatening to stomp all of Equestria into oblivion under giant hooves!

Trixie tried calm herself. She took a few deep breaths and turned the book over. On the front was a title and underneath it was a name:

Fluttersized
written by Barro

What kind of notebook was this? She thought to herself. The name "Barro" seemed somehow familiar to her but she couldn't put a hoof on where she'd heard it before. Curiosity continued to get the better of her. She opened the book and started reading in the light of the streetlamp.

Some sort of giant, orange globs were stuck between the pages. Whoever was writing this must've been eating something at the time. Fluttershy... that was the name of Twilight Sparkle's friend, the one who'd become gigantified. In fact, the story seemed to follow the events of what had happened from Fluttershy's perspective. Yes, she was sure of it. Somepony had recorded the events of how Fluttershy had become a giant in this notebook!

Trixie turned the page. Sure enough, Twilight Sparkle's name appeared at the top. Figures she'd get all the glory. Trixie was eager though to find her own name. Yes, there it was, the great and powerful Trixie had recieved recognition! Some kind of orange globules cheese stuck the pages together. Whoever wrote this must've been eating at the time. Despite the cheese, Trixie was able to read the notebook clearly. It was all there, every word.

It was just then that Trixie got an idea. These events, events she'd been a part of DID make a good story. She could write her own, sell it, publish it, make money! Who wouldn't want to know the truth about how all this devestation happened? But Trixie wasn't a writer; she was a magician. And somepony had already written something about these events, right in front of her. A mischievious grin dawned on the unicorn's face. All she had to do was replace one name... with her own. Whoever this "Barro" character was, he should be more careful with his belongings.

Now, how was she supposed to get this notebook home? She thought about using the sizing spell and then quickly decided against it; that spell had caused enough trouble for one day. Despite her confidence in her own abilities, she didn't want to be responsible if something just happened to go wrong. Better safe than sorry, she reasoned.

Using all of her magic, she levitated the notebook and onto her own back. It was heavy, her legs shook under its weight. But she held it up and started walking into Canterlot, careful that she wasn't seen by anypony or at least noticed too much. Everypony was still busy trying to clear the roads, find their own ways home and pick up the broken pieces of their lives. Trixie had just found one piece that could be the key to improving her life quite substantially. She trotted along the road, sweating under the weight of the book but still pleased. This was too BIG of an opportunity to waste.

Author's Note:

Not to be confused with Fluttersized, the first 12 chapters, this story follows the events of the chapters with Alternate in the title. Two seperate stories that have the same beginning, it's been requested I seperate them to avoid confusion. While I still believe that Fluttersized and Fluttersized Alternate are the same story, I will label the sequels appropriately in the same fashion starting with this one.
Also, if you can't find Fluttersized 2, I can't find it either. Myself and Michael Hay search for it somewhere inside Fluttersized 3: Crusadersized.
And yes, I do think abreviating this story as Alt F4 is funny.