• Published 16th May 2013
  • 969 Views, 74 Comments

Fluttersized 2: Barro Vs. Trixie - Barrobroadcaster



Shortly after Fluttersized: The Alternate Chapters, Michael Hay and I are shocked to find that Trixie has stolen the idea for Fluttersized and plans to make a movie.

  • ...
4
 74
 969

The Great, Big and Powerful

Barro, Night Glider and Michael Hay were exhausted when they reached Barro's apartment across town. They hadn't stopped running since they'd left Trixie's apartment but the thought of getting caught had kept them going. Michael locked the door to the apartment behind them.

Night Glider removed his disguise. "We made it. I can't believe it actually worked."

"You did a good job, Night. You can definitely act like a delivery colt," Barro complemented his friend's acting talents.

The halfling put a hoof behind his neck. "Yeah, I'll be the top pick for all the great pizza delivery roles," he said bashfully.

"That," Michael said, catching his breath, "went well."

"It could've gone better if somepony hadn't alerted her to the fact that we were inside her place," Barro pointed out.

"But the fact is, we DID get away with it. Got back the Amulet and your notebook and Trixie has no idea," Michael countered.

"We did get them back," Barro agreed. "Now it's time to do the right thing and destroy them both before they do anypony any more harm." Barro walked over to the kitchenette, looking for something to burn the two items with. Paper shredder wouldn't work; the whole thing had to be burned, it and the Amulet.

Michael reached a hoof out. "Barro," he said, trying to get his attention. "Hold on a second. You don't have to destroy Fluttersized."

"Why not?" Barro asked, turning to face his friend. "What has this story ever done except cause me trouble? Both you and Trixie and the studio-"

"Barro, I-"

"What? You were going to give me credit for the screenplay? Split the profits fifty-fifty? Give me a percantage off the merchandise or-"

"Barro," Michael stopped him. His voice sounded almost hurt. "I wasn't... I wasn't going to submit the story."

Barro looked at his friend in disbelief. "You... what?"

"I wasn't going to submit your story as a screenplay. Not without your permission first."

"You weren't?"

Michael walked over to him. "Yes, I wanted to pitch Fluttersized. I think it would make a great movie, maybe even make up for them shooting down Cloverfilled. But I was going to make sure it was okay with you first."

Barro looked down at the notebook in his hooves. Something so small, so fragile caused all this trouble. Kind of like the Alicorn Amulet. In a way, the story was magic itself. It inspired people, gave them power to create and bring visions to life. And this was his. Even though he didn't think much about it, it was clear Michael did. And apparently Trixie, too. His idea had clearly inspired other ponies... maybe he should share it.

"I want to be recognized as a director, Barro. I'm still looking for that one great idea that will get my name on the map. But I'd never steal an idea from somepony else," Michael assured Barro. "I'm sorry all this happened."

Barro looked up to his friend. "It's okay, Mike. I'm sorry, too. If you want, I'll... I'll let you pitch it to the studio."

A smile dawned on Michael's face. Just then, a knock at the door drew the three ponies' attention.

"Who... who could that be?" Michael asked.

Night Glider backed away from the door. "I think there's only one pony it could be."

"RETURN TRIXIE'S AMULET NOW!!" a voice on the other side of the door screamed. The door to the apartment exploded off its hinges and flew across the room. It smashed into the kitchenette table nearly striking Barro. Dust from a magic spell settled and in the doorway stood a familiar blue unicorn.

"Michael Hay?! Where is Trixie's Amulet?!" Trixie asked, teeth gritted in rage.

Michael and Night Glider were frozen in the middle of the living room. "How... how did she find out it was us?!" Night asked.

Trixie held up a small, white rectangle. "You left your business card inside Trixie's apartment!" The front of the card read, Michael Hay- Visionary Filmmaker/Director to the Stars.

"You left your BUSINESS CARD IN HER APARTMENT?!!" Barro shouted at Michael. Michael turned shyly to his friend wearing an apologetic smile on his face.

"The notebook and the fake amulet are studio property! We had to go back and return them eventually!" Michael explained.

Barro's face twisted into one of rage and disbelief at his friend's naïve intentions. "And when were we going to go back to Trixie's apartment?!"

Michael put a hoof to his chin. "Well, I was thinking after the film debuted in theaters-"

"ARRRRGHH!!" Barro, frustrated beyond all belief, covered his face with his hooves.

"Wait, how did you find out we were here?" Night Glider asked Trixie.

"Google Maps," the unicorn replied.

Night turned to Barro. "Your apartment is listed on Google Maps?"

"It shouldn't be!" Barro said defensively, turning to Michael. Michael grinned apologetically again.

"Your apartment's listed under the 'Current location of Visionary Filmmaker/Director to the Stars Michael Hay'," Trixie explained stoically.

Barro's expression turned to rage again as he looked over to Michael, who simply shrugged, once more apologetically smiling.

"Return Trixie's amulet to her. Now," Trixie demanded.

Night stepped in front of her. "What exactly are you going to do if we DON'T give it back?" the halfling asked, he spread his wings out in an intimidating display. "You know that Amulet's too powerful for you, Trixie. You abused its power once already."

"You!" Trixie said to the halfling. "You were the one who threw pizza in the great and powerful Trixie's gorgeous and powerful face!"

Night took a cautionary step back. "Uh... well, I mean-"

"You think a fake moustache is going to fool Trixie?!" she accused him.

Now it was Night's turn to smile apologetically. "I... I got it there in under thirty minutes or less."

"I'll teach you to pie Trixie in the face!" Trixie blasted Night Glider with a spell, enveloping him in a red aura. A flash exploded outward that blinded Michael and Barro momentarily.

Night Glider opened his eyes. He felt completely normal.

"Ha!" he laughed at Trixie. "Without the Amulet's power, you can't cast any of your torturous dark spells!" He spread flared his wings again.

"Uh, Night..." Barro said, trying to get his friend's attention.

"What? Did I miss something? What did she do?" Night asked, looking over his shoulder. He noticed Barro was staring at him with a look of pure horror on his face. Michael himself looked shocked. What Night didn't see was what they were both staring at.

"What's wrong?" Night asked. "What did she do to me?" he checked himself over quickly. Four hooves, same color coat, tail and mane were okay, wings felt fine. He noticed his feathers were kind of long though. Might be time for a trim. And that's when the realization hit him.

Night's eyes went wide. "My... my... MY WINGS!!!" he screamed. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY WINGS?!!" He flapped them in desperation, trying to get the accursed feathers off. A couple feathers even dislodged themselves; he was getting close to molting.

"How... how is she able to do that?!" Barro asked. "I have the Alicorn Amulet right here!" he said, holding up the cursed magical pendant.

Trixie looked at it, momentarily wondering why she'd been able to perform the spell herself. Then, she realized. The 'fake' Alicorn Amulet was glowing, clipped to her neck. A sinister grin formed on her face.

"You only thought you switched the Alicorn Amulet for that copy! Looks like you swiped your own fake!"

Barro looked down at the amulet in his hoof. He turned it over. Property of Unicorneversal Studios was printed on the back. Again, he turned to Michael.

"I wanted to get a close-up shot of both the real and the fake Amulet so I put them both in the same place and-"

Barro facehooved again. The failures kept piling up one after the other.

Trixie walked closer into the room. Night Glider, powerless and traumatized at the loss of his wings was curled up into a ball on the floor, now dealing with his new identity as a Pegasus.

"Now, Trixie will be taking Trixie's screenplay and leaving," the unicorn declared.

Barro thought quickly. Reaching into a drawer, he retrieved a grill lighter, ignited it and held it up close to the notebook.

"Stay back!" the desperate pony ordered. "Come any closer and I'll set the book on fire! That Amulet may be strong... but I don't think there's a spell for bringing a book back from ashes!"

Trixie stopped her advance but raised an eyebrow. "You're bluffing. No author would set fire to their own story, much less a journalist."

"You don't him; he's not bluffing," Michael cautioned Trixie.

"Remember when you ripped Twilight's book in three pieces? You couldn't fix that and you won't be able to fix this," Barro said, remembering yesterday's events.

"How did you know about that?" Trixie asked.

"An inside source," Barro answered, steel in his voice though he was sweating as he held his notebook close to the flame. He wasn't sure how long it would take to burn but considering it was a composition notebook... probably not that long. He wasn't bluffing.

"Now, fix my friend," Barro ordered, gesturing towards Night Glider.

Trixie looked over to the cowering blue Pegasus and zapped him again with a magic spell. He immediately got up and turned around.

"Wait! Now my wings are gone!" he shouted in shock.

"Trixie!" Barro yelled. "What did you do to his wings? Where are they?!"

Trixie grinned and looked up at Barro. "They're right here," she said. On Trixie's own back were a pair of bat-like wings, Night Glider's wings. She spread them wide, their wingspan covering a good portion of the space in the room. She flapped them, a huge gust blew towards Barro, knocking him over and knocking both book and lighter out of his hooves. Trixie then flew over Michael and through the living room over to Barro. She perched on the table in front of the fallen colt.

"Trixie will be taking that!" she said, levitating the notebook and the fake amulet off the floor. "I'm sure the studio will be interested to know you've been taking their property without authorization!" Trixie tucked the notebook back underneath the neckline of her cloak, the tome touching the Alicorn Amulet itself.

"Trixie... no..." Barro pleaded, getting up.

Trixie examined her new wings, pleased. "Tsk, tsk, Mr. Broadcaster. It looks like your blundering has transformed the GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie into Equestria's newest Alicorn Princess!! Wahahahaha!" the fiend cackled.

"Trixie," Barro said, getting to his hooves. "Give me back my story, the amulet and Night's wings! Now!"

"Ahahahaha!" Trixie cackled in response. "You were a fool to try and write... to write about..." Something was wrong. Trixie stopped, clutched her stomach and keeled over. Barro backed away from her, not knowing what was happening. He ran around the table and back to the center of the room.

"What's happening to her?!" Michael asked. Trixie's entire body began to glow with the same aura as the alicorn amulet.

"I... I don't know!" Barro answered. The three ponies held each other in a fright as the unistral pony on the table collapsed. The glow around her got brighter and suddenly she changed. Trixie's body began expanding, her limbs slowly grew longer, stretching out. The table she was on broke under her new weight and her growth didn't cease. Her body continued to expand, pushing into the small kitchenette and knocking over pieces of furniture.

"Run! Run!" Michael shouted. The three ponies bolted through the doorway and ran outside the apartment into the hallway. They ran to the stairway and descended to the bottom floor as the apartment complex began to shake around them. The three heard a loud crash as they exited the building into the street.

"What's going on?!" Michael asked as they escaped. Behind them, the entire complex continued shaking.

"I'll fly up and find out!" Night Glider said, thrusting upward and trying to fly despite his lack of wings.

"How? You don't have wings, remember?" Michael reminded him. Night's head dropped to the ground in despair.

"Night, it's all right," Barro said, putting a hoof on his friend's shoulder. "We'll get your wings back."

"How?!" Night questioned. "You don't have magic or wings!"

"Yeah," Barro agreed. "Welcome to the club," he pointed out his friend's new earth pony status. Night's head drooped again.

Walls collapsed and broke apart as a figure emerged from the building. Barro, Night Glider and Michael Hay turned around in terror to witness an enormous figure emerge from the ruins of the building.

"Raaaaarrrgh!" the monster yelled. Trixie, now giant-sized, towered over most of the buildings in Canterlot.

"Unicolossus," Michael said. "I wish I had a camera right now."

The giant blue unicorn, eyes glowing white in the night, turned toward the three ponies standing on the other side of the street.

"Night," Barro said.

"Yeah?" his friend replied, still sounding sad.

"Now, you're going to experience a proud earth pony tradition."

"What's that?" Night asked.

"Running for your lives!" Barro shouted, bolting off. Michael and Night Glider... or Night Grounded now, followed suit, the three of them running from massive Alicolossus for the second time that evening.

Author's Note:

Giant, flying, super-powered, evil, Trixie.