• Published 10th May 2013
  • 1,187 Views, 37 Comments

Maybe once you do... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 32 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
3
 37
 1,187

Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Jokes are magic...for real this time

Spike sits at the table in adjacent to the kitchen as he finishes his rushed letter. But as he puts the quill down preparing to send it off to Twilight the library door swings open to yours and Rainbow's voices.

"...For the last time I don't know! You're not really a pony so it could do nothing."

Rainbow flies herself into the room past Spike as she sits Violet back to her high chair.

"Oh man am I glad to see you. I was just about to send this letter to Twilight...-"

You and Rainbow both scream out to him before his sentence even stops. As he stops his sentence he takes the moment to look over your coat, "Hey...are you getting more blue?"

Your eyes widen as you look over your coat's color, "Am I?!" You stare at your coat unable to tell a change in color but you play over his words as you look up to Rainbow, "What does this stuff do again?"

Rainbow rubs her hoof across her face at your never ending question, "I told you don't worry about it tomorrow if anything happens we'll fix it." She breathes a sigh of relief as she puts her hoof back down, "Now please stop talking."

Violet's horn glows a soft green as she wiggles her hooves to Rainbow and with a happy wheeze the few bookshelves in the room become empty as the contents are dropped onto the floor.

Spike brings his claws up to his head as he looks over the mess, "No! Why?!"

Violet's horn continues to glow as the blue rattle is floated through the air and into her mouth. Her magic stops as she happily bites on it.

"Ugh! Really?" Rainbow holds her hoof out to you as her tomboyish voice is directed to you, "...Well so much for my day." She zips over to the table as she looks over the list, "...She didn't put anything on here about magic?!"

You walk over to the table as you look over the pages, "Well we didn't know Violet could even use magic..."

Rainbow lets out a loud groan as she turns her extended winged body to Spike, "Fine, Spike get me a book on magic stuff."

The purple dragon has moved over to the mess of books that still sits on the floor. In his claws he holds a small pile of books as he tries to collect them, "HA, ya right you would have a better chance of getting Applejack to fly then finding a book in this mess..."

"Now Spike!" Rainbow hoovers herself over him as her loud commanding tomboyish voice calls to him. But he's taken by surprise and just ends up dropping the books he was collecting.

You can't help but give a low chuckle to Rainbows voice. Its to cracky to really bring any threat to it so the fact that Spike got freaked out was funny to you.

But the cyan mare catches onto your low snickering as she zips herself through the air and holds her magenta eyed gaze right in your face, "Don't think you're out of the Everfree forest yet, you have to help her with the magic."

You follow her extended hoof to Violet's happy teething on the rattle as you give another laugh, "Pff, I don't know how to do mai.-"

Rainbow's hoof bangs against your head as she talks, "No buts, you need to do."

You squint at her comment as you stutter out a response, "Why me?"

"Because thats not normal magic for a little filly." Spike speaks up from the pile of books as he pushes them against the shelves.

"Not normal? What do you mean thats not normal? It glows and stuff moves whys that not normal?" Your voice is a little heightened as you hold a hoof to Violet, "...What makes my daughter not normal?"

Rainbow and Spike give each other a look of confusion for a moment before the little dragon speaks up, "Shes fine but thats not normal magic...thats human magic."

You blink at the comment as you accept it, go figure Violet has human magic... You give a sigh as you talk, "Alright what do I need to do?"

"Got it!" Spike holds up a book as he stands from the pile, "Here this book shoul...-"

But his voice is cut off as the book takes on a quick green glow and is suspended in air. He jumps back from it as it hovers in the air. A low chime covers the room as you all look the little filly that who now has her eyes shut tightly. The green stream of chiming light is still being drawn to the book as she sits a little shaky in her chair.

You quickly notice the rattle on the ground and bend down to pick it up. As you bring the slippery drool rattle up you talk in a low voice, "Hey Violet...is this what you want hu?."

Her blue button eyes slowly open to your voice as she looks to the rattle.

You give a smile as you wiggle the rattle in front of her, "Ya, thats all right?"

Violet wiggles herself in the seat as you continue to hold the rattle a few inches from her grasp. After a few seconds of keep away you bring it close to her and she wraps her hooves around it and pulled her mouth to it happily.

The low chime and color from her horn is broken up as you hear a loud clang behind you.

You turn around and stare at the book that looks to be nothing more than an ice cube.

"Aw man...you know how hard it is to get a copy of Magic for derpy's?" Spike kicks at the frozen book but it doesn't move from its spot.

Your head is brought back to Rainbow as her tomboyish voice comes back to her, "Ok Violet you need to not do that stuff got it?"

The cyan mare holds a hoof to Violet. She brings her head closer to the filly trying to show some kind of authority over her.
But as Rainbow's head gets close enough Violet takes the rattle from her mouth as she bangs it against Rainbow's head with a wheezing laugh.

You give a low chuckle as you watch Rainbow's shocked face turn back to you, "Whoa that ponies got a leg."

At the end of your laugh you start to feel a weird uneasiness to your stomach and you have to take a seat.

"Uh, are you ok?" Spike squints his eyes to your sudden change of stance as he talks.

You shake your head as you reply, "I uh...I feel queasy."

Rainbow trots over to you as she pokes at your side, "Ya forgot to tell you that poison joke is going to make you tired....but uh, you're not going to get a good night sleep."

You hold your hoof to your mouth as you feel like you're going to throw up....ooohhh cupcakes and apple sauce don't mix all to good...

She moves away from you as she talks, "Spike go move Violet's crib into your room."

He pauses for a moment before he nods his head and walks out of the room.

You bring your hoof away from your mouth as you talk, "Uh...why are you doing that?"

The cyan mare has flown to Spikes spot as she starts to shove books into the shelves randomly, "I'm going to sleep with you tonight and I don't want Violet to get disturbed."

Your eyes widen as you hold your hooves out to her in confusion, "No no...you're great and all but i'm pretty sure i'm with Twilight."

She stops her random shelving as she throws a book at you hard, "Ya like I want to waste another ten minutes..."

You blink at her comment in confusion as you watch her cyan cheeks take on a little hint of blush.
"No you dumbass, I don't know what that stuff will do to you. And we both know if you wake up with two heads you would just freak out and probably burn the house down."

You take to your hooves as you look over your body, "I'm going to get two heads?!"

She throws another book at you as she calls back out to you, "No I said you could."

You sit back down now rubbing your head with your hooves, how the fuck does that make it sound better.

You bite at your lip as your stomach starts to rumble again, "What was that about ten minutes again?" You quickly shell out a comment as you try to take your mind off your thoughts.

Rainbow doesn't turn around as she slams the last few books into the shelves, "I don't know I don't remember."

"ok Rainbow I moved the bed." Spike stops on the bottom of the stairs as he groans to the shelves, "Rainbow?! Why did you put them up?"

She looks back to the shelves for a moment before she looks back to him, "Hey there up right?"

He gives a huffing mumble to himself as he walks into the room, "Ya unorganized..."

As you listen to the conversation you start to lose the queasy feeling and instead start to take on a completely drain tiredness. Your eyes drop down as you feel like the room is beginning to spin. Your voice is low and weird as you stand from your seat, "I think i’m gonna go to bed now..."

You stumble toward the stairs for a moment before Rainbow darts to your side, "Just don't throw up ok? You don’t want to give Spike anything else to clean up.”

Spike calls out something from down stairs but your hearing is starting to feel like its fading so you can’t quite make it out.

Rainbow helps you up the stairs as you lean more and more against her.

As the room comes in view in front of you she pushes you forward and you stumble onto the bed. Rainbow floats herself above your gaze of the ceiling as she holds her hoof down to you, "Ok listen up, I don't like ponies touching my hooves, cuite mark, wings or ear in bed got it?"

You give a dopey nod as you roll yourself more to a side of the bed. Your voice is almost completely drained as you try to talk nonsense, “D-don't forget to give the bottle a Violet and change the Spike every twenty minutes.”

She nods her head anyways as she trots herself out of the room.

You don't even bother to bring the covers to you as you rest your head to the pillow and quickly are taken into a sleep.

End of chapter 5