• Published 10th May 2013
  • 1,187 Views, 37 Comments

Maybe once you do... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 32 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
3
 37
 1,187

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – On second thought...

"Ok Violet how about this?" You hold a wide smile to the little filly as you give a spoonful of applesauce to her.

She stares at the spoon for a second and then back to you with a baby confused face.

You jiggle the apple in front of her as you try your attempt at a baby voice, "Come on solid but not solid just like Twilight said....right?"

A large smile comes across her face but instead of bringing her mouth to you she knocks the spoon out of your hoof and onto your coat.

You look down at your coat as you give a low groan, at the precision of the splatter you could say shes a pro at this.

You fiddle with the spoon at your hooves for a moment trying to pick it up but after a few attempts you just kick it over to the table you walk to..."ok, not hungry?"

You search look over the number two as you read the next thing on the list, belching...

Belching? You bring your head back to Violet as you try to figure out how you would even start this next list item. Instead you look back and read the next thing, twenty two minutes after feeding check Violets diaper.

Wow...that's oddly specific...You turn back to Violet as you talk, "Twilight has this list time stamped...looks like this will be easy hu?"

You're not sure if the little filly understands you at all but she gives you a wide smile as you stop talking. Of course she may only be smiling at the perfected baby voice you have just used.

"Well Violet what do you think? Has it been twenty mi..-"

Your voice is cut off as the door to the library swings open with a thud against the wall, "Hey Twilight Fluttersh..-" Rainbow's tomboyish voice is brought to a halt as she lets out a slight snicker, "You forget how to eat apple sauce too?"

You give a fake laugh as you watch her close the door, "Twilight's not here."

Rainbow squints at your comment as she walks from the door, "And she left you to take care of Violet?"

And she left you to take care of Violet? You think over the comment as you take your seat next to the excited filly, "Yes? You must not know i'm a librarian bad-ass with super pony powers hmmm?"

"HA! You're right you are an ass." She flaps her wings and brings herself slightly off the ground as she hoovers herself over to Violet, "...Lets count the ways you're a mule..." She taps her hooves to each other as she brings herself to a hover next to the happily wiggling Violet, "...You don't remember anything, you don't have a cutie mark, you don't have a job..."

You continue to listen to her joking manner but you no longer are trying to fake a smile as her failed attempt at a joke drags on.

"... Heck you probably would forget your tail if it wasn't attached to you..." She lets out another tomboyish laugh as she looks down to the wiggling filly beneath her.

Before you can offer your input to her she has wrapped her hooves around Violet and taken her into the air. Rainbow's voice slightly changes from her jokey tomboyish voice to a higher pitched girly voice as she continues with one last remark, "...But at least there's nothing wrong with you right?"

Violet lets out a happy wheezing sound as she wiggles her legs to the high chair she hoovers by.

You hold your hoof out to Rainbow as you watch Violet's wiggling increase, "Don't drop her!"

"Pff, I wouldn't drop her? I can carry you remember." Her face lightens up as her tomboyish voice comes back with a laugh, "Oh wait you don't!"

You raise your voice a little at her comment as you stand from your chair, "Ok enough Applejack put Violet down."

Her laugh is brought to an end as she stares at you almost in shock, "...That's not my name."

Your loud chuckle as you shake your head to her, "I don't care. Now put her down before she gets hurt."

Rainbow's smiling face has faded as she places the little filly's hooves on the ground. Violet looks up to Rainbow with a baby like confusion to the abrupt stop to the game.

The cyan mare brings her own hooves to the ground as she tucks her wings to her back, "Happy?"

You give a little sigh as you listen to her tone, "Ok, I'm sorry... It's just I don't like being reminded about...well not knowing anything."

Rainbow stares at you silently as her magenta eyes run over your body.

You can't help but feel a little self conscious as you follow her eyes, "What?"

A slight smile returns to her as she points to the splattered apple sauce, "At least now your coat has some color."

You give a friendly laugh as you accept the low moment back into the heavy room, "OK so what did you want Twilight for? Cause Spike is still here."

Rainbow again scoops up Violet as she brings herself off the ground but this time not as high, "Fluttershy wants her help in the bunny count today."

You hold your hoof out to Rainbow as she starts to slowly fly around the room holding Violet under her so that the little filly's hooves dangle above the floor, "Rainbow I said..." You stop your comment as you realized she won't listen, "...What bunny thing?"

"I don't know, I don't care I just said I would get Twilight to do it" Rainbow continues her slow fly around the room as she brings her head to follow you, "If you want you can go and do it."

You squint at her comment, "Oh no sounds like too much fun..."

"HA! Well how am I supposed to know, Twilight's crazy spells could have turned you into an egg head for all I know." She stops her laughing for a moment as Violet's happy wheezing picks up, "Hey hows that stuff going by the way?"

You smile at the filly’s joy as you talk, "Uh, good?"

"Do you remember when...-" Her words are cut short as her eyes shrink back a little, "Ugh! Ok your turn to play with wheeze."

"You tired out fast...and don't call her that." You wait next to the high chair for Rainbow to place Violet down but instead Rainbow places Violet onto the table.

Rainbow taps you on the back as she backs up behind you, "All yours buddy."

You look over her awkward smile for a moment in confusion but your answer is brushed past your nose as you look back to Violet, "Oh..." You quickly snap your head back to Rainbow as you talk, "Hey listen I.."

Rainbow brings herself high off the ground as she holds her hooves out to you, "NO! Not again."

You ignore her comment as you point your hoof to Violet's innocent face, "I don't know how to do it."

She crosses her front legs as her firm tomboyish voice calls down to you, "Good then get a book and figure it out."

You hold your helpless stare to her for a moment more as your hoof still points at Violet.

Rainbow gives a groan as she rubs her hoof down her face, "FINE!" She zips down in front of your face as she pokes against you, "But this is the last time got it?"

You nod your head to her comment.

With another groan Rainbow brings herself over the little filly, "Ok Violet..."

You watch as Rainbow moves her hooves to get Violet to lay down but Violet thinks shes trying to play another game and starts to bang her hooves against the cyan mare's, "lay down Violet."

After a few more wrestling attempts Rainbow finally gets the filly to lay down. You watch now with a slight bit of horror knowing that at some point in time today you're going to have to have to hold a diaper in your mouth...

Rainbow moves the used diaper away from the wiggling filly as her hoof comes back to you, "Ok give me the new one..."

You look around you like an idiot to see if there's some magical floating diaper around you.

Rainbow snaps her head back to you as she talks, "Well?"

You shrug as you try a smile, "I don't know where they are."

"huff, fine then don't let Violet get off the table." Rainbow darts past you into the kitchen as you take over her position.

Violet stops her wiggling as she sits herself on her flank as she watches Rainbow leaving the table side.

You hold your hoof to her as you talk, "Hello Violet."

A wide smile crosses her face as she starts to stand on her hooves.

The diaper less filly struggles to stand on the table for a moment as she stares at you.

"Ok sit back down Violet."

Violet brings her two front legs down almost in a lunging fashion as she wags her free litte tail behind her. Before you can bring your hoof onto the table she has jumped herself onto the open chair near the table.

Your heart flutters a little as the chair jerks back a little almost like its going to fall. But as her tiny hooves make contact with the wood seat she has already spring boarded herself onto the floor and now stares up at you waiting for your move.

You quickly snap yourself out of the amusement of the little filly’s movements as you try a little chuckle and bring your hooves to pick her up.

However your hooves don't meet her as she darts away from your slow two legged grasp. Violet lets out a low happy wheeze as she stops her gallop from you.

"Ok I got the diapers..." Rainbow stops her voice as she looks to the filly, "whoa how did she jump off?"

At the sound of Rainbows voice Violet gallops away thinking the cyan mare is going to play some kind of tag with her.

Instead you follow after her. You're not worried though as you follow after the happy hop gallop of the filly as you realize you only have to take a few steps to match her tiny legs. The threat of a chase is over as you start to match her joy.

The library fills with the sound of hooves clapping against the wood and Violet's happy wheezing as she continues to gallop away from you in the same circle Rainbow had carried her in.

You decide to out smart the little filly as you stop in your spot and lower your smiling muzzle down to where her path continues..

Violet doesn't notice your trap until she rounds herself around the room again. She stops as she sees your fur road blocked head in her circular path. But her pause only stops for a moment as she charges at your face with her smile.

You lift your head as she runs under your body and into the main part of the library. You follow her with a quick turn still holding your smile knowing that she can't get away.

But Violet brings her head back from you too slow as she ends up slamming horn first into the side of the wall.

"Ow that's gotta hurt." Rainbow quickly darts past you as you follow after her in a quicker gallop to the filly.

Violet holds her hooves up to her horn as she clenches her eyes shut in pain. A few broken wheezing sounds escape her mouth as her closed eyes start to become tear filled.

You sit yourself beside the little filly as you bring her close to your side, "its alright...its alright."

Violet's loud skipping wheezes don't stop but they become lower as she leans her head onto your side.

"I'll get some ice." Rainbow gallops back into the kitchen as you rub Violets messed up mane with your hoof to calm her.

Her wheezing sobs don't stop as she holds her legs to her horn. You watch feeling helpless at the teary eyed filly's sounds.

As you hold your gaze to her you start to notice her horn beginning to flicker a low green.

Your eyes widen a little as you call back to Rainbow.

End of chapter 2