• Published 6th May 2013
  • 4,685 Views, 91 Comments

Its Luigi's time to shine...In Equestria? - Aaronwebber9



Luigi finds himself in a new prediciment, without Mario or Prof.Egadd to guide him. Will he be able to return to his own world in the Mushroom Kingdom and or save the ghosts of Evershade Valley? Can he do it with cached memory?

  • ...
2
 91
 4,685

Prologue (Edited)

Prologue



After trekking through countless mansions Luigi stands before King Boo himself hoping to thwart his sinister Plans to take over the world and turning all his friends into paintings.




"This is it, now or never" He said with as much confidence as he could muster. (Which is not much)
King Boo started to launch his first attack by summoning giant spiked balls to the battlefield, he then did a ground
pound launching the said balls into the air to drop on Luigi. Seeing this as an opportunity Luigi withdraws his flashlight in an attempt to stun King Boo. He succeeds, while stunned one of his own spiked balls drop on the King's head, revealing his weak point.


"This is for my brother!" He said with gusto as he brought out his Poltergust 5000 and started to catch him once and for all. After a long and arduous battle he finally succeeds in the capture, he notices the King lost his crown in the struggle. He runs over to pick it up.


"I did IT!" He beamed, he then begun to dance, as he was doing this a light flashes before his eyes. Everything around him goes white, he then heard something that made his blood run cold, laughter of none other than King Boo.
"Where is Mario!" he growled. He is again met with more laughter from right behind. Shaking in fear as he started to turn around and before he could react everything went black as he fell down unconscious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was morning in Ponyville, Celestia's sun had just begun to rise to start the day. In the Golden Oaks Library there was a lavender unicorn mare still fast asleep in her bed. In a basket next to her bed laid a purple dragon. He was first to wake from his slumber remembering that he has morning chores like preparing breakfast. Reluctantly he got up and headed downstairs to start cooking.


Smelling the alluring scent of breakfast being cooked Twilight Sparkle started to stir from her slumber, with a yawn and a stretch she gets up. Brushing her mane to her liking she started to trot downstairs, where she is greeted by her "Number 1 assistant" Spike.


Morning Twi" He smiled at her, "I made you some hay-cakes with some orange juice for breakfast." Sitting down to his own breakfast made of pancakes with a little sapphire sprinkled on top.


"Thanks Spike." She smiled to her assistant as she sat down to enjoy her breakfast. She was about to begin eating when she was interrupted by knocking on the door. "I wonder who that could be" she said. Spike just shrugged and replied "I'll get it Twi" he said as he got up. She smiled at him and started to dig into her breakfast.
Spike made his way to the door, where he was greeted by a cream colored Pegasus mare.


"Morning Fluttershy, what are you doing here so early in the morning." He asked her.


"Um...Is Twilight up yet? If she is can you get her for me..I-If that's okay with you? She asked in a volume that almost couldn't be heard.

"Sure she is in the kitchen eating breakfast, come in," he gestured for her to come in.

"Oh...um thank you," she said with a soft smile.


They made their way to the kitchen where Twilight was still eating her breakfast. "Oh Fluttershy, what are you doing here so early in the morning? Do you need something?" She asked the shy pegasus. The aforementioned pegasus stuttered a bit before replying.


“Oh...Well..you...see...I was...feeding...my....animals..this...morning...I..heard...a...noise..coming...from..the...forest...I...thought..it..might...be...a......hurt...animal...when...I..went..to...check...I...found...somepony....in..a..green...hat...I...took...him...back...to...my...house...........but...he...hasn't....woken...up...yet...I...can't..figure...out...what's..wrong..with...him..so..I...was...wondering..if..you...could.......come...down...to...check...to...see...if...he...is....okay...if...that...is...alright...with...you?”


Twilight took a moment to process this information before replying. "Of course." "Spike I'm going out for a bit, can you watch the library while I'm gone?" She called out the her assistant. He simply nodded. "Sure thing Twi, please be careful out there the Everfree is dangerous."


She smiled to her assistant "Thanks Spike, I'll be back in a couple of hours," she said as she and fluttershy trotted out the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


They made their way up to Fluttershy's cottage. As they made their way to the door Fluttershy turned around and said "Oh..I hope he'll be ok." She said as a couple of tears escaped her eyes. Twilight simply smiled at her friend "I'm sure he'll be fine let's go in and see if he is okay." She said trying to cheer her up.


"Okay." she said as she opened up the door to find the aforementioned pony still out cold. Twilight looked to the pony and said "I don't think I've met this pony before. What an odd hat," she said with confusion in her voice as she lifted the hat with her magic to get a better look at it, revealing a horn on his forehead. "Oh he is a unicorn." she said surprised, returning the hat back on top of the pony's head. Just as she did the unknown unicorn started to stir. "Oh Fluttershy he is waking up!" She said at a volume startling the pegasus.




"...Where am I?" He said as he poked up his head not noticing the two ponies standing in front of him.

"Um...excuse me sir..I found you out cold in the forest this morning so I brought you back here…I hope it’s okay with you.

"Forest?" He said still groggy.

"Yes that's right are you okay?" She said hopeful that he is okay.

"Yes thank you miss..." He turned around to see pony staring at him.

"..sir are you alright" Twilight chimed in. 'Did that pony just talk!?

"Yes just bit groggy, where am I?"

"Oh...You were in the everfree forest when my friend found you out cold, Do you remember anything? Twilight asked hopeful for answers.

"At the moment no I can't...OW my head is killing me." He tried to place his hand on his forehead but what he saw made his eyes as wide as dinner plates. He knew this wasn’t right.

"Where are my hands!?"

Twilight looked at him in confusion and said "Hands? Sir are you sure alright?"

'This is weird!' "Can I have a mirror?"

Fluttershy spoke up "Oh..well sure. Can you hold on a second if it’s alright with you?"
'Talking Ponies I know I’m crazy now' " Thank you miss..."

"Oh..um my name is..... Fluttershy"

"I'm sorry didn't catch that."

She said it again

"Come again?"

Twilight spoke up for her friend "Her name is Fluttershy, and my name is Twilight Sparkle. What is your name?" She asked with a soft smile.

"My name is Luigi"

They both looked at him with confusion.

"That is a weird name, I never heard of anypony named Luigi,” Twilight said arching an eyebrow.

Luigi was taken aback by this 'Anypony? What is she talking about?' A minute later Fluttershy returned with a mirror. "WHAT THE!" He said shocked as the image in the mirror was not him but a pony with green fur and a brown mane and tail. On his head was his signature hat along with his signature mustache and a picture of a mallet adorning his flank.

"Luigi are you okay!?" Twilight said with concern.


He did not hear her, his eyes went to the back of his head as he passed out and fell to the floor.

Author's Note:

I'd appreciate a little constructive criticism.

Disclaimer: All rights to the character used belong to their respective owners.