• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 1,368 Views, 35 Comments

The Magic of Reading - Creative Charmer



Sweetie Belle at long last learns how to use magic

  • ...
0
 35
 1,368

The Magic of Reading Part 10

Later in the evening, they were finally able to find a large clearing on the east side of Sweet Apple Acres, and they all agreed it was the right place. "Phew! I'm glad we finally found someplace."

"Yah! My hooves are killin' me from walking through every orchard on our farm!"

"Then let's hurry and do this spell before it gets too late! Sweetie Belle! Get the books out!"

"Right!" Sweetie Belle said. She then used her magic to take both of the books out of her sidebag and placed them next to each other on the ground. She then opened up the spellbook and went to the spell. "Now then, let's try this again," Sweetie's eyes scanned the words in the book, reading them over in her mind until she understood how to do the spell. “Okay, I think I got it!”

“Okay! Now let’s finally do this!”

“Yah!”

“Let ‘er rip, Sweetie Belle!”

“Let what rip?” Sweetie asked.

“She’s supposed to rip somethin’?” Apple Bloom asked.

“I meant start the spell!”

"Oh! Well, why didn't you just say that?"

Scootaloo sighed in frustration. "Never mind...let's just hurry and start the spell."

"Umm, sure..." Sweetie Belle then starts focusing her mind on the spell she memorized in her head. It was much more difficult than any other magic she had tried already, and she was having a hard time controlling it. Nevertheless, Sweetie continued using the spell as hard as she could, with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo watching in awe at the incredible power brought on by the magic spell. Suddenly, the spell started to work; the magic swirled around into a vortex, and the bottom part of the vortex touched the book, which made the book open, float upwards a small amount, and spin around with the vortex. The vortex kept growing bigger and bigger and spinning faster and faster.

"C'mon, Sweetie belle! You almost got it!"

"Yah! Just hold on a bit longer!"

Sweetie Belle was still trying as hard as she could to control the spell, but she was still having a lot of trouble. She kept telling herself in her mind to keep at it, and not give up. As the vortex grew bigger, it started taking on a more spherical shape.

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were astounded by how big the vortex was getting. "I wonder how big this thing is going to get?"

"Ah don't know, but it does worry me a bit. Do yah really think we can handle this?"

"Sure we can! We're the Cutie Mark Crusaders, after all. And having Sweetie Belle's magic on our side makes us better than we ever were!" Scootaloo's optimistic words had made Apple Bloom feel more confident in she and her friend's ability to handle this.

Then, suddenly, Sweetie Belle shouted. "I'm almost done!! Get ready for this!" Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were both excited, but as they saw the giant spherical vortex looming over them, they backed off a short distance to avoid and magic energy that might disperse. "All right, here it goes!" Sweetie Belle then made one final burst of magic to finish the spell. When the magic hit the vortex, a small shockwave came out, blowing Sweetie Belle backwards and knocking Apple Bloom and Scootaloo onto the ground.

"Sweetie Belle!" Apple Bloom shouted. She and Scootaloo then got up and ran over to Sweetie Belle to see if she was all right. "Are yah all right??"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Sweetie said as Apple Bloom and Scootaloo helped her back up. "But what about the spell?? Did I do it right??"

The girls all turned around to see what happened with the spell. The vortex had been slowing down since Sweetie Belle's last burst of magic. it got slower and slower until it finally stopped spinning, as did the book underneath it. Suddenly, the entire vortex exploded, with the magic energy flying off in all directions. The girls all ducked to avoid being hit by the energy. The girls then slowly lifted their heads back up, and saw an incredible sight. A giant, dark, figure, about 30 feet tall, loomed over them, and down by its feet, the book lay open.

"You did it!!" Scootaloo exclaimed as she jumped up off the ground.

"Yah really did it!" Apple Bloom shouted as she got up off the ground.

"I really did do it!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, completely overjoyed. She also got up, and all three of the girls started hopping around, cheering for themselves.

"This is great!"

"We knew yah could do it!"

"No, we all did it," Sweetie Belle said as she hugged Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. "I couldn't have gotten so good at magic without you two, so you deserve the credit, too," Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were very happy, and they hugged Sweetie back.

"Just wait till everypony sees what we did!" Scootaloo said.

"They'll certainly be impressed!" Apple Bloom said.

"Speaking of which, we should introduce ourselves to who I just brought out of the book," Sweetie said. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom agreed with her, and they all turned towards the giant figure, who was still standing in the same place. "Hello there! It's nice to meet you!" Sweetie shouted. The figure looked down at her. "My name is Sweetie Belle, and these are my friends Apple Bloom and Scootaloo!" she pointed out who was who. "I'm the one who summoned you from that book down by your feet! Me and my friends brought you out of the book to show all the other ponies in our town that we can do magic without screwing up! And if you come with us to Ponyville, we can show everypony! What do you say?"

The girls stood where they were, smiling with eagerness of waiting for the figure's response. Then, suddenly, the figure reared back its head and let out a huge roar, causing the girls to cover their ears from the loud noise.

"What was that?!" Scootaloo asked after the roaring had stopped, even though she and the others were still covering their ears with their eyes closed.

"Ah don't know! Why would he roar like that??"

"I don't know, either!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed. She then looked up at the figure. "Excuse me! Why did yo—" Sweetie stopped in mid-sentence when she saw the figure's foot about to stomp on her and the girls! All three of the girls screamed and jumped out of the way just before the foot hit them!

"He's tryin' to stomp on us!" Apple Bloom shouted.

"Of course he is!" Scootaloo shouted at her.

"But why is he doing it?? What did we do to him??" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"I don't know, but we have to get out of here before he really does stomp on us!" The figure then used its other foot and tried to stomp on the girls again, but they avoided him.

"What do we do??" Sweetie shouted.

"We havta go to Ponyville! Maybe Twilight can stop him!" Apple Bloom exclaimed.

"Then let's go!!" Scootaloo shouted.

The girls ran off in the direction of Ponyville while avoiding the dark figure trying to stomp on them again. Sweetie suddenly stopped running and turned herself around. She saw the spellbook and the book that she summoned the figure out of, and she used her magic to pull the book towards her. She placed both books in her sidebag then got out of the stomping feet of the figure again. Sweetie Belle heads after Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, and the figure follows the three of them right towards Ponyville.