• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 1,368 Views, 35 Comments

The Magic of Reading - Creative Charmer



Sweetie Belle at long last learns how to use magic

  • ...
0
 35
 1,368

The Magic of Reading Part 12

"Th—That's Cthulhu?" Rainbow said as she pointed at Cthulhu, her eyes widened with fear and horror.

"Yes," Twilight said with a whimper in her voice. Cthulhu then turned his head and looked down at Twilight and the others. "And now would be the time to ruuuuuun!!" Twilight shouted as she ran away as fast as she could. Cthulhu roared at hearing Twilight's shouting, and everyone else then ran in the same direction Twilight did, screaming and as they ran from Cthulhu. Cthulhu raised his left arm and smashed through part of the building next to him, and then he started stomping after the ponies and Spike.

As they were running from Cthulhu, the whole group turned right around a building, then right again into an alley between two buildings. Cthulhu went past the alley without knowing everyone was there. This finally gave everyone a chance to catch their breath.

"This is so so bad..." Twilight panted.

"You're...telling me??" Rarity exclaimed while panting. "That...despicable monster...is going to wreck...the entire town!" Rarity stopped talking to take a breather. "And now...all this panting...has gotten me all frazzled...and my mane is completely slipshod...all because he made me run so much!"

"Enough with your hair, Rarity!" Applejack responded in frustration. "We've got much bigger problems to deal with!"

“Yeah!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “What are we gonna do about that ‘Kithooloo’ guy?”

“I don’t know! I don’t know!” Twilight said with worry. “We’ve never come across a creature like Cthulhu before because no creature like him actually exists, so I don’t know how we can stop him!”

“Well, I for one am not going to let that monster destroy Ponyville! I know we can stop him if we work like a team!” Rainbow then held her hoof out. "Who's with me?" The others looked at each other, and then their looks of worry turned to looks of determination, and they all put their hooves in with Rainbow's, and Spike put in his hand. "That's more like it," Rainbow said with her own look of incredible determination.

"You can count us in, too!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed as she, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo put their hooves in with the others.

Everyone else looked at the girls, and they all took their hooves away, and Spike took his hand away. “Don’t you think you’ve done enough?” Rarity said irately.

“But we wanna help!” said Apple Bloom. “So we can fix what we’d done before!”

“Fix?” Rarity scoffed. “If you three hadn’t been messing around where you didn’t belong, none of this would be happening!”

“But…” Sweetie trembled. “We just..”

“Girls,” Twilight said with the slightest sternness in her voice. “I'm sorry, but you really have caused quite enough trouble already. It's better for everypony if you just stay here."

Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo looked so heartbroken to hear those words. Their eyes started to tear up. Apple Bloom looked at Applejack, hoping she would say different. "It really is for the best that you girls stay behind," Applejack said. The girls now felt completely dejected. The then hung their heads, silently accepting that they had to stay behind.

Twilight and the others then turned towards each other. "Okay, now we need a plan!" Twilight said.

"I think I've got one!' Rainbow Dash said smugly. "And I'll need everypony's help to do it!"

"Umm, excuse me!" Fluttershy asked. "But, I was wondering if we really needed everypony's help," Fluttershy started to tremble. "Because...well...Cthulhu kinda scares me, and..."

"It's okay, Fluttershy," Twilight said as she put her hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder. "I understand that you don't want to go, and you don't have to."

"Oh, thank you so much Twilight!" Fluttershy exclaimed as she fell down on the ground and hugged Twilight's legs.

"You're...welcome, Fluttershy..." Twilight said, feeling a bit embarrassed. "Anyways, I have a job more suited for you; I want you to watch Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, ad Scootaloo so they don't get into any trouble, okay?"

"Oh, don't worry, Twilight," Fluttershy said as she got back up. "I'm sure I can handle that."

"That's good, and Owloysius will be here to help you, too," Owloysius then landed on Fluttershy's back.

"Thank you for helping, Owloysius," Fluttershy said. Owloysius hooted back, and Fluttershy smiled.

"But—" Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo all said at the same time. But then Twilight, Spike, Rarity, Rainbow, and Applejack all looked at the girls with angry faces, even though Pinkie did not. Their angry faces made the girls stop what they were saying and resume looking and being gloomy.

"So," Rainbow Dash said as she looked around at the others. "Are you all ready to try out my plan?"

"Absolutely!" Pinkie exclaimed as she saluted.

"Of course!"

"You got it!"

"Let's get movin'!"

"I want to hear the idea first, but count me in!" said Twilight.

"Okay! Let's go!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, and then she flew out of the alley with Twilight, Spike, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie following behind her.

Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, And Scootaloo were very sad to see the others go on without them, and they all hung their heads again. Fluttershy then walked in front of the girls. "I'm very sorry that the others wouldn't let you help, girls, but I'm sure they know what's best," Owloysius hooted in agreement. The girls looked at each other again, and they all sadly sighed.