• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 1,367 Views, 35 Comments

The Magic of Reading - Creative Charmer



Sweetie Belle at long last learns how to use magic

  • ...
0
 35
 1,367

The Magic of Reading Part 1

It was yet another nice day in Ponyville, thanks to the Pegasus ponies. At Twilight's house, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack were all waiting for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, as they were all to meet up at Twilight's house so the older ponies could spend some time with the fillies.
"I still don't understand why you're here, Rainbow," said Applejack, "Scootaloo isn't even your sister; even though she sure seems like she could be."

"Hey, that little twerp looks up to me; plus, she thinks I'm the coolest pony in Ponyville, so that seems like a good enough reason to hang out with her."

Applejack sighed, "Whatever you say."

Rarity was getting impatient, "Where are they? I can't spend all day waiting. I have work I have to get done. Ponies are counting on me to make them fabulous clothes!"

"Cool it, Rarity! You're getting more upset than a swarm o' hornets!"

"That's easy for you to say, Applejack. You never have anything important to do for anypony."

"Excuse me? I have to work hard picking apples to every day so I can sell 'em to other ponies, so don't act like you're the only one who does any work in this town."

Rarity was getting frustrated with Applejack, and likewise with Applejack. Twilight then intervened by pushing them both away from each other, "Girls! You both are equally hard workers! And nopony has something more important to do than the other! So stop this foolish arguing!" Rarity and Applejack looked at each one time more, then both turned their heads away from each other in arrogance. Twilight sighed.

Suddenly, there is a knock on the door. "Oh, that's probably them," said Twilight. She walked to the door and opened it, and Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.

"Hey there, everypony!" Apple Bloom said cheerfully.

"Sorry we're late!" Sweetie Belle added.

"Where have you girls been??" Rarity asked, rather perturbed.

"Well, uhh, we were..."

"Oh, hold on!" Apple Bloom interrupted. She reached off to the side and held up a package.

"What is that?" asked Rarity.

Apple Bloom put the package on the ground, "It's for Twilight. I think it's from Princess Celestia."

"The Princess??" Twilight said excitedly, "That must be the book she said she was going to send me! "The Book of Advanced Magic Spells" Now I get to learn even more magic!" she then used her magic to pick up the package and carried it back to her desk, where opened the package and began reading the book.

"Jeez, what an egghead," Rainbow Dash laughed.

"Well, you know how she is about getting things from the Princess," Rarity said, "Although it is mildly amusing seeing somepony get so excited over getting a simple package."

"Oh, that reminds me!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, "This came for you, Sis!" she reached behind her and took out a magazine, "It's your latest fashion magazine from Canterlot."

Rarity suddenly burst into excitement, "Oh, fantastic!! This issue features Hoity Toity's newest choices for spring colors! I'm SO glad it's finally here!!" She took the magazine with her magic and took it over to Twilight's podium and began reading it.

"Boy, both of you sure go crazy over such little things like that," Rainbow Dash said mockingly, "I suppose if either of you got a letter from any of those ponies, you'd go even crazier!" she then started laughing.

"Speaking of letters," Scootaloo said, "I've got some letters for you, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow Dash stopped laughing, "Letters? From who?"

"From the Wonderbolts."

Rainbow Dash's jaw dropped, "The...Wonderbolts...sent...me...letters?" Her voice sort of squeaked when she said the last word.

"Yep!!"

Rainbow was so wound up that she ran over and snatched the letters from Scootaloo, "Oh my gosh!! These are from the Wonderbolts!"

"I guess they remembered how awesome you are."

"Well, why wouldn't they?" Rainbow said smugly. She then flew up into Twilight's bedding area to read the letters in privacy.
"Well, Cutie mark Crusaders," Scootaloo said to Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, "I think we delivered their mail perfectly."
"We sure did!"
"Yeah!"
While the fillies were feeling proud of themselves, Applejack walked up to them and asked, "Uhh, girls? May I ask you something?"

"Sure!" The girls replied in unison.

"Well, I was wondering: Where did you get that mail from?"

"Oh, we got it all from this mail bag," the girls them moved apart from each other to show a mail bag behind them.

"Where in tarnation did you get that from??"

"Well, we were walking here as we planned," Apple Bloom started to say, "But then we noticed this bag behind a bush near the center of town."

"Wasn't there anypony around that it might have belonged to?"

"We didn't see anypony," Sweetie Belle continued, "So we wondered if we should try and find who it belonged to, or just leave it there."

"But then we decided that it would be a great idea to try and deliver the mail ourselves, since we might get our cutie marks for delivering mail!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"Actually, it was your idea," Sweetie Belle said to Scootaloo.

"Well, you two didn't seem to mind," Scootaloo said gruffly.

"That's because you always make us do what you want to do!"

"If it means getting our cutie marks, then why does it matter?"

"Well, maybe we don't want to do what you want to do!"

"Well, excuse me for—"

"HOLD ON!!" Applejack interjected, surprising the girls and making them turn their attention towards her, "Are you girls saying you took somepony else's mailbag? As in, stole it?"

"Uhh..." The girls were unsure of how to respond.

"What in Equestria makes you think you can take something that doesn't belong to you, and do somepony else's job for them?"

"Well," Apple Bloom stuttered, "As long as we deliver the mail right, it shouldn't matter, right?"

"That's not the point, Apple Bloom. The point is that you fillies took something without asking, and didn't even try to find the owner of the bag."

The girls all became saddened, "We're awfully sorry, Applejack," said Apple Bloom.

"Yeah, we just wanted to help out." Sweetie Belle added.

"And we wanted to get our cutie marks," Scootaloo added, "But it seems that delivering mail isn't any of our talents."

After hearing them apologize and seeing their sad faces, Applejack felt bad for them, "Well...as long as you learned your lesson, it's okay."

The fillies lifted their heads back up and smiled lightly. "Thanks for not getting too upset with us, Sis."

Applejack smiled back at them, "I could never stay mad at you girls," Applejack then patted Apple Bloom on the head, "By the way, did you girls deliver anypony else's mail before you got here?"

Suddenly, the happy faces of all three girls disappeared. "Well," Apple Bloom started to reluctantly say, "We sorta only knew the addresses of the mail we had to deliver to Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash."

"So, when we delivered the mail to the addresses of the ponies we didn't know, we MAY have gotten some of them wrong..."

Applejack raised an eyebrow, "How many addresses do you think you got wrong...?"

"Umm..." Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo all stuttered.

But suddenly, before any of them could answer, a voice shouted behind them, "There they are!!"

The fillies turned around and saw the site of angry crowd of ponies gathering around them!