• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 1,368 Views, 35 Comments

The Magic of Reading - Creative Charmer



Sweetie Belle at long last learns how to use magic

  • ...
0
 35
 1,368

The Magic of Reading Part 19

Twilight, Spike, and the other ponies had abruptly arrived on the scene, and they were all taken aback when they saw Cthulhu several houses in front of them.

"Okay, we found him. Now what?" Rainbow asked as everyone looked at Twilight.

"I'm not sure," Twilight responded. "If only I had that spellbook, than I would know what spell to use."

"But Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo have the book, and we don't know where they are," Fluttershy added.

"Well, our only chance to stop Cthulhu is to find them and that book. I just hope they haven't done anything foolish."

"Yah, me too¬—" Applejack turned her head towards Cthulhu as she was replying with Twilight, but then she stopped her sentence when something caught her eye. "Hey, what's that?" Applejack pointed at the top of Cthulhu's head, and everyone else looked.

On top of Cthulhu's head was what looked like a tiny orange object moving around on the back of his head. Unfortunately, because it was so small, nobody could make out what it was.

Rainbow Dash flew higher and closer to get a better look. She then shockingly realized what it was. "It's Scootaloo!" she said in horror. Everyone else became just as horror-struck as Rainbow was.

Rainbow's attention was purely focused on Scootaloo, but then her eye was drawn away by the flashing of the book. When Rainbow looked down, she noticed something else, which also filled her with shock. "And down in front of Cthulhu! It's Sweetie Belle!"

"Oh my goodness, what are they doing??" Rarity exclaimed frightfully. "We must rescue them!"

"Right! Let's go!"

Just as Twilight and the others started running to save the fillies, they were stopped in their tracks by a very large flash of light that had came from the book. IT was so bright that it made everyone shut their eyes so as not to be blinded by the light, including Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

When Cthulhu saw the light, he was almost blinded by it, but quickly raised his hands in front of his face to shield his eyes. Right after the flash had dissipated, a vortex rapidly emerged from the book, going straight up into the air. Because Cthulhu was standing so close to the book, when the vortex came up it made Cthulhu stumble backwards in surprise and fall onto the ground.

"Woah!" Scootaloo began wobbling around on Cthulhu's head, unable to keep her balance. She stumbled all around on Cthulhu's head, and when Cthulhu fell down on his bottom, she was forced off of his head, and began plummeting towards the ground!

Prior to when the vortex had came out of the book, Fluttershy had arrived with Owloysius, having taken her animals to a safer location outside of town. After which, she heard loud noises coming from close by, so she hurriedly flew over to source of the noises, thinking that her friends might be there, as she was worried for their safety.

When she arrived at the spot, she saw Twilight and the others about 10 feet ahead of her. Unfortunately, they didn't notice her, as they were all fixated on Cthulhu, whom Fluttershy didn't notice because from where she was standing, Cthulhu was blocked by a building Fluttershy was right next to.

Right before she was about to call out to her friends, the vortex burst from the book, surprising Fluttershy with its noise. Unsure of what had just happened, she moved to the left to see what had happened, and became even more shocked to see both Cthulhu and the vortex, making Fluttershy even more baffled as to what was going on.

As Fluttershy tried to get her head together, she saw Cthulhu fall down onto the ground. Right after that, she saw an orange spot fall off of Cthulhu's had, and soon realized it was Scootaloo!

"Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed in terror.

"Don't worry! I'll save—" Fluttershy abruptly zoomed past Rainbow Dash in mid-sentence. "...her?"

Everyone else gasped in surprise to see Fluttershy come out of nowhere; and they were all even more surprised to see her do something she would normally be scared to do.

Scootaloo was truly terrified when she saw herself falling towards the ground. She desperately flapped her wings to try and fly. "Come on, wings!" But, it was to no avail. She then covered her eyes and waited for the inevitable.

Fluttershy quickly flew in the path where Scootaloo was falling and outstretched her front legs to catch her. "I got you! I—oof!" Scootaloo collided with Fluttershy and was caught by her at the same time, but the force of the collision made Fluttershy fall down and backwards, making a crash landing on the ground.

Scootaloo leaned up, looking a bit dazed from the fall. She looked around, confused as to what had just happened. She then looked down and was shocked to see she was sitting on Fluttershy!

She quickly jumped off of Fluttershy. "Oh my gosh! Fluttershy! Are you okay?"

"Oh, yes, I believe so..." she said, sounding even more dazed than Scootaloo.

"I'm really sorry, Fluttershy."

"It's okay...you were...just heavier than I...thought."

"Well then maybe you should let me do the rescue next time," Scootaloo and Fluttershy both looked to see Rainbow Dash, whom had just arrived with the others.

"Oh, sorry, Rainbow Dash. I just panicked when I saw Scootaloo fall and felt like I had to do something."

"Aww, it's fine. Besides, it was still pretty gutsy of you to try, and you did save her, after all."

"Ah'll say! It was downright heroic of yah to save the filly all by yourself!"

"Indeed! You should be quite proud of yourself, Fluttershy!"

"You should be super proud for being so superly super-brave!"

Fluttershy blushed from all the kind and supportive words from her friends.

"Excuse me!" Everyone looked at Twilight. "I'm sorry to interrupt this shower of compliments, but aren't you all forgetting something?"

Everyone was suddenly drawn towards the sound of a loud roar. Cthulhu was backing away from the ever-growing vortex by sliding backwards on the ground. When the vortex reached its peak, it pointed its top down towards Cthulhu. Cthulhu became even more afraid when he saw this, and in a panic turned around to try and run away.

But, as he was crawling to try and get up off the ground, the vortex began sucking him in. Cthulhu tried his hardest to hold his ground, but the vortex's power was growing stronger, pulling him towards itself with its ever-increasing speed. The suction then became too powerful, and Cthulhu was ripped from the ground and pulled into the vortex!

After inhaling Cthulhu into its funnel, the vortex turned itself upright again. Cthulhu was shrieking in terror as he spun around more and more rapidly.

The powerful gusts of wind being given off from the vortex were blowing towards everybody, forcing them all to shield their faces from the intense wind. They all also had to hold their ground as best they could to keep from getting blown away.

After repeatedly spinning for a short time, the vortex now began to shrink as it spun faster and faster, with horror draped Cthulhu's face all the while. As the wind died down more, everyone uncovered their eyes and watched as the vortex shrank back into the book. Then, just as the vortex finishes shrinking, the book opens wider, then slams shut hard, generating a large flash of light in all directions, making everyone have to look away again.

After a few moments, everyone uncovers their faces and looks back at the book, which is lying motionless on the ground. Curious, Twilight motions everyone to follow her. She and the others arrive at the book, along with Fluttershy, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. They all looked down at the book, and saw that "The Call of Cthulhu" was once again whole.