• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 1,367 Views, 35 Comments

The Magic of Reading - Creative Charmer



Sweetie Belle at long last learns how to use magic

  • ...
0
 35
 1,367

The Magic of Reading Part 7

After cleaning up Twilight's house, the CMC were back at their clubhouse with their new spellbook, eager to get started on it. "Okay, Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Scootaloo exclaimed. "Let's learn some great new spells!"

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom both cheered, and Sweetie Belle used her magic to open up the book to search for a spell. "Now let's see...which spell would be best to learn...?”

"It should be something awesome!"

"Somethin' that'll really impress everypony!"

Sweetie belle kept searching, saying the names of spells out loud as she read them, "Hmm...Using Nature to Make Music...How to Give Wings to Non-Pegasi...Teleportation...we've seen all of these before!"

"Just keep looking! You're bound to find something cool that we or anypony else hasn't seen before!"

Sweetie Belle kept looking, and then she saw something that caught her eye. "Ooh! Now this spell looks interesting!"

"What is it??" Apple Bloom and Scootaloo asked as they both tilted their heads forward.

"How to Bring Characters from a Book into Reality...that sounds really interesting to me."

"I think it sounds way cool!!"

"But ah don't entirely git it," Apple Bloom contemplated. "What exactly does it mean?"

Sweetie Belle read the information on the spell. "It says that unicorns can use their magic to turn characters in books into real live beings."

"Woooooow..." Apple Bloom and Scootaloo said, amazed.

"That does sound really interesting," Sweetie Belle said cheerfully.

"Interesting??" Scootaloo responded. "That's the most awesome spell I've ever heard!"

"It really is a fantastic spell!" Apple Bloom added. "This'll show everypony how talented you really are!"

"It'll knock 'em right off their seats!"

"Seats?" Sweetie Belle asked, confused.

"What seats?" Apple Bloom asked, also confused.

"No, I meant that...oh, never mind. The point is that this spell is guaranteed to impress everypony in Ponyville! Then our talents will finally be recognized!"

"And we'll get our cutie marks??" Sweetie Belle asked enthusiastically.

"Absolutely! I don't see what could go wrong!"

"Why does that not make me feel more confident with this idea?"

"Awww, don't worry!" Scootaloo said as she put her hooves around Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom's necks and pulled them next to her. "I'm sure that we'll get it right this time! I mean, sure, we messed up a bunch of times before, but it's different this time, because we know what we're doing!"

"Well, she has a point," Sweetie Belle said.

"Yeah, you're right," Apple Bloom replied. "We do know what we're doing. We've been practicin' magic for a month now, so we can't possibly mess up this time!"

"Yeah!"

"Exactly!" Scootaloo exclaimed. "Now come on, Cutie Mark Crusaders!" she shouted as she let go of the others. "Let's teach Sweetie Belle that spell!"

"All right!" Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle both shouted enthusiastically.

"So, what book should we use?" Apple Bloom asked.

Scootaloo paused for a few moments. "...I'm...not sure.."

"Well, what books that we've read would be good to use this spell on?" Sweetie Belle asked.

All of the girls sat down and thought this over for a little bit. Apple Bloom was the first to speak, "Actually..ah don't think we've really read that many books."

"Yeah," Scootaloo added. " And any of the books I've read don't seem interesting enough to use."

"Yeah, you're both right," Sweetie Belle added. "I don't know much about interesting books, either."

"So, what are we going to do?" Scootaloo asked.

"Well, we'll just have to find a new book to use. That means we'll probably have to go back to Twilight's."

"Are you sure about that?" Apple Bloom asked. "Ah mean, we did sorta take her book without asking, so Ah'm not sure if she'd let us use another one."

"Well, we weren't going to keep it!" Scootaloo exclaimed. "Besides, this is important. It's for the good of the Cutie Mark Crusaders that Sweetie Belle learns this spell, and her best chance of learning it is to get a book from Twilight's, since she has the best books in town."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because she's Twilight, duh! You know how much she cares about books, so that obviously means she has a lot of good ones she'd want to read!"

"She's right, Apple Bloom," Sweetie Belle said. "Twilight would definitely have some good books for us to use this spell on, so we have to go back there."

"Exactly. And besides, she might not even be back yet, so it should be easy."

Apple Bloom looked at Scootaloo, and then at Sweetie Belle. "All right. Let's go get us some books, Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle cheered, and the three of them raced out of their clubhouse and back to Twilight's house as quickly as possible.