• Published 30th Apr 2013
  • 1,577 Views, 97 Comments

The Master's Redemption - anommalcolm



The most malevolent son of gallifrey gets a second chance, well, alright it is probably his 10 thousandth chance, but better late than never.

  • ...
4
 97
 1,577

Chapter 8 or Of Honesty and Awkwardness

Chapter 8

Over the next few months, I actually did ordinary work. No more krillitane trying to assimilate unicorn magic. No shadow swarms eating ponies. No god of chaos breaking out of his ancient prison and stomping all over reality. Oh, wait that last one happened, just not to me. I was so happy that that incident fixed itself. Still, why did Celestia refuse to release the identities of the ponies that busted him up. It was Nightmare Moon all over again. Saved by the elements of harmony, but nopony knew who they were. Once again, I had the feeling somepony was laughing at my ignorance.

Anyway, Vinyl kept in touch. Turns out she actually spends most of her time in Canterlot. We hung out pretty often. At first all we talked about was bass technology. Then we discovered how much we really had in common.We both loved to read. We were both loved gourmet food. We both played video games in our free time. I had almost forgotten how good it feels to have a companion. Because of the way both of my most recent companions (Twilight and Lucy) ended up, I fear I had developed a social phobia. Vinyl brought me out of my shell again.

The next time something major happened, Vinyl and I were on a trip to Appaloosa. It was a nice enough place, all things considered. It was not until our third night there that something happened. Something so incredible that it could only happen to me. I saw somepony from my old school.

I was sitting in the saloon, waiting for Vinyl to get back from the gift shop. My old classmate sat on the stool next to me. Both of us stiffened up. We both looked at the same time. We both recognized each other. It was awkward.

"John."

"Harold."

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for my companion to get back from the restroom. And you?"

"Waiting for mine to get back from the gift shop."

It went into an awkward silence after that. I was trying to get a grip. My guilt was killing me, but I have trouble with apologies. Stallion up, I told myself, You will not feel better until you do.

"*Sigh*, for what it is worth old friend, I am sorry, for, well, everything." I apologized.

"I forgive you, old friend. How long has it been for you?"

"Nineteen years. What about you?"

"600." He said with a grin.

Then we really got talking, and drinking, and salt licking.
...................

About thirty minutes later, his companion walked in. He immediately grabbed her and started dragging her over in my direction.

"Consarnit Doctor! What's gotten into ya?"

"There is somepony here you have got to meet." he responded as they approached.

"Howdy pardner! A'm Applejack!" She was an orange earth pony mare. She had a blonde ponytail, green eyes, and an apple based cutie mark. Oh, and she was warping time. This was just getting redundant.

"Hello, I am Koschei." I introduced myself. She actually recognized me. That I did not expect.

"Wait, as in The Master!" She inquired. The Doctor looked as shocked as I felt.

"Er... Yes. How do you know of me?"

"HA! Your the only thing Rarity wants to talk about. The gallant stallion that saved her from the krilli-whatsit."

"Krillitane."

"Yeah that was it. Then both Fluttershy and RD showed up with a story about you and that DJ vanquishing a mass of flesh-eating shadows."

So, all the time-warping ponies knew each other. Interesting.

"Huh, I guess I have been less than subtle in some of my exploits."

"So, it's all true? They weren't exaggerating at all?"

"No, I have done some crazy things."

We spent the rest of the night chatting and drinking. When Vinyl arrived, she just joined in.
....................

It was almost time to go. I waved the Doctor to the side.

"Doctor, do you know why your companion is bending time?"

"Got no idea. Do you?"

"No, but she is the fourth one I have met that does that. Rarity, RD, even Fluttershy all warp time."

"And she knows them. And they know you. And she knows me. And I know you. All connected."

"Ever get that feeling your missing something important?"

"Only when Applejack is around."

"Followed by the feeling that somepony is laughing at your ignorance?"

"Yes, it doesn't bode well does it?"

"Just stay alert. Good bye Doctor."

"Goodbye Master."

That was an interesting night. Still, It was nice to be friends with the doctor again. Just like when we were kids. Good times.

Author's Note:

John Smith
Harold Saxon

aliases