• Published 30th Apr 2013
  • 1,577 Views, 97 Comments

The Master's Redemption - anommalcolm



The most malevolent son of gallifrey gets a second chance, well, alright it is probably his 10 thousandth chance, but better late than never.

  • ...
4
 97
 1,577

Chapter 6 or A pattern developing

Chapter 6

I did not get to rest that night, at all. They practically dragged me out of bed, saying I was the only one for the job. They did not actually tell me what the job was until I opened the files, on the train, after it left the station. After reading the files, I facehoofed.

"First, they send me to a criminal cesspool. Now, they send me somewhere so far out in the country that I could get lost. Are they hazing me? Do all the newcomers go through this crap? And, for that matter, what is with the murder cases? Why can I not get a simple burglary?"

I was to investigate a strange phenomenon. Lots of critters in a back water village were found, well, as skeletons. Not my problem, except, recently the local animal caretaker was found in the same state. Pony skeletons are not commonly found, especially inside a recently inhabited home, even if it was their own home. The skeleton was in mint condition as well. That was troubling. What destroys flesh, blood, nerves, etc... but leaves bones without so much as a scratch. I could not come up with a likely answer. Acid? No, dangerous acids are so heavily regulated we would no immediately if that was it.Dark magic? Maybe, but that is so rare in Equestria, that this would be the first case in, about 400 years. Some kind of plague? That was the most likely. Also, the only one I was afraid of.

"*Sigh*, this is going to suck!"
..................

The next day I walked into the local Police station, as they claimed to have collected a clue they just did not know how to interpret. I flashed my badge as I approached.

"We've been expecting you. Right this way."

She led me into another room. This room contained 4 interesting features: A white unicorn with spiky hair and a music cutie mark, a blue pegasus with a rainbow mane, a yellow pegasus with a pink mane, and a brown diary.

The best part, both of the pegasi were warping time. I was getting serious deja vu.

"So, you're the hot shot they sent to solve the case, huh?"the rainbow one challenged.

I promptly ignored her, and turned to the yellow pegasus. I smiled sweetly as I spoke.

" What is your name, miss?" I inquired, offering her my hoof.

"My name is Fluttershy. Pleasure to meet you! These are Rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch." she said, vigorously shaking my hoof.

I turned to talk to the others, only to find them staring in shock.

"Er... Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, somewhat creeped out.

"I have known 'Shy since childhood, and she isn't that comfortable talking to me. Usually, she barely says two words to new ponies. But, you got her to open up at first sight. What did you do?"

"Ponies just trust me. Always and completely. I am awesome like that."