AppleDash 3,011 members · 1,061 stories
Comments ( 121 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 121

I can answer that one - I've only published the first chapter of mine but it's been added to the folder :ajsmug:

HapHazred
Group Contributor

7157130 Noice, cheers bro.

HapHazred
Group Contributor
LunaTheFox
Group Admin

That's all correct. I haven't read anything yet and will be looking at eligibility when the contest is over. The folder exists now just to make sure everything's accounted for.

We've had a few requests for extra time, so we'll probably announce an extension shortly. I think at this point there will be one, just gotta get a post in order and I'm rather busy today.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

7157793 Cool cool; I kinda figured as much, but wanted to check anyhow. : )

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Since a few people have asked, we're extending the end date of the contest by Two Weeks.

The contest will now end at 11:59 PM PST on March 14th, 2020. Use this time well!

Here's a countdown if you want it.

Poggers. Thank you, based Krazy.

Oh thank goodness. Much obliged! :ajsmug::rainbowkiss:

bahatumay
Group Contributor

*internal screaming lessens, then intensifies again*

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

It does not lessen the screaming; it merely prolongs it with a false sense of relief. :pinkiecrazy:

[The Entity liked that.]

HapHazred
Group Contributor

Obviously, we've had an extension, but my entry is completed, done, fini, wrapped up by the initial deadline and over twice as long as the next longest entry.

Celebratory drinks are in order, methinks.

I've tried to enter my story in the folder, I keep getting an action not met error?

I posted mine in submissions though, so will try and shift it later.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

The folders in this group can only be added to by contributors, minus the submissions folder. I've added your entry to the folder for you and have it tracked. Thanks for the entry!

Well done! I'm now going for Second Longest, but I'm nowhere near finished yet (though hopefully I'll be done by the new deadline!) so it probably shouldn't count.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

7165813 Good luck boi!

You know what they say; quantity has a quality all of its own.

Chapter 5 of Diplodocus is up, meandering along, and it's longer than most of my actual stories, so I think I'll end up the second longest entry - unless someone else has an epic up their sleeve, in which case ignore me!

I hope people actually like the story, though.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

7171359 Noice. Fitting, on account of the diplodocus being a fairly chonky dino as well.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Quick reminder that entries are due in 4 days!

bahatumay
Group Contributor

internal screaming intensifies further

Chapter 6 is up and we're past 17,000 words of AppleDash mush now. (And, in keeping with my only other multi-chapter story which was also a contest entry, nopony is reading it, but whatever.)

:rainbowhuh: Things are looking pretty bleak for our relationship here, AJ...

:ajsleepy: Aw, don't you worry none, sugarcube, ah know it'll all work out just fine.

:rainbowderp: But how can you be sure?

:ajsmug: Because these here contest rules spe-ci-fi-cal-ly state that we ain't gonna be breakin' up any time soon, you hear? Lemme see... Eeyup, here it is. Ahem:

"Applejack and Rainbow Dash must be in a romantic relationship at the start, throughout, at the end, and after the fic (their relationship should not end proceeding the events in your story)" .

:ajsmug: See? What'd ah tell y'all? We're gonna be fine!

Aaaaaaaaand done. That was fun! Thanks for the encouragement!

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

(And anyone else)

Just under 25 hours left!

HapHazred
Group Contributor

ONE HOUR REMAINS.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Just under 4 hours, actually! But the moment of panic your comment will incite amuses me greatly.

ONE FOUR HOURS REMAIN.

Yo it's fuckin over yall

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Yep, that's time! Pencils down, everyone! Make sure to send either me or Tchernobog a message with a link to your story if you haven't yet. We'll collect any stragglers over the next day or so and get to judging right after. For now, though, I'm going back to bed!

(Thanks for the more on-time than I was able to muster announcement, str8aura!)

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Somehow Tchernobog has talked me into another extension for the contest. On account of the end of the world mass panic the hoarding of toilet paper COVID-19 taking up peoples' time, we're going to extend the contest by 4 days. The novel deadline is 11:59 PM PDT on Thursday, March 19th! Use this time wisely to shore up your current entries, finish in-progress ones, or kick back, relax, and entertain yourself with the panic of your fellow writers.

The date was completely accidental, I swear.
But I'm amused that it turned out that way.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

7175986 This feels like the ending to jojo's part three.

"Time is up! Zero seconds remaining! Ho ho, I am victorious!"

"YaRe YAre DAze..."

7175986 7176104 7176177

Extension be like: You thought it was over!

BUT IT WAS ME!

SECOND EXTENSION!

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Nobody expects the second extension. Not even me!

Imagine being asleep when the timer runs out

HapHazred
Group Contributor

Imagine being asleep when the timer runs out

This post was made by the Australia gang

this post made by the Americans who havent had a good sleep schedule in 14 years gang

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

12-ish hours left!

Since there might be some concern, the prizes will not be affected by the pandemic. The money was set aside long ago for this purpose and I fully intend to make good on distributing the prizes. In times like these, more than ever, I feel others would likely benefit more from the prize money than I would.

Three months, two extensions, and a blank word document later. What could possibly go wrong?

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

There's still time!

Give me a day and I can give you something good.

Fuckin done y'all

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Sorry, there's been enough extensions as is. Can't extend forever!

On that note, that's a wrap! Thanks again, str8aura! :P
I'll get a complete list of entries up in a little bit, then we'll get to judging.

judging takes 1 week, as in 7 days, correct?

HapHazred
Group Contributor

7180039 Don't forget their extensions.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

7180123 What, you thought the writers were the only ones who might be getting extensions?

You get contestant extensions, judge extensions, hair extensions, you name it, we can e x t e n d it.

We live in a stretchy world, bois.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 121