The Mojave Express 1,105 members · 85 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26
ed2481
Group Contributor

Hey, I'm bored and almost done wrapping up Light Wanderings and most of my other projects depend on other people (R&R, Labyrinth of Madness, exctra).

Anyways, I've got an idea. How about a story set in the Wasteland with the Lone Wanderer near the beggining of their carear (ie just got out of the vault a few days ago) and Luna who has just been banished (and has Nightmare Moon in her head constantly fighting/arguing for control of the body) trying to get through the main quest+bumming around the Capital Wasteland.

My question is, how many of you would like to see it done?

*Suggestions for character encounters and fun random quests are more than welcome
** This Wanderer wouldn't be Ethan, I'm not sure about a name but it would definitally be a woman
-Ed2481

Shadowflash
Group Contributor

Honestly, that sounds refreshing and boring at the same time.

Refreshing because we get to see all those quests be done with Luna as an aiding factor, possibly hindering and/or helping the Wanderer in his journey.

Boring because the quests are the same thing, only with Luna.

Obviously it won't be that, but I'm basing it on essentials. In my opinion, I suggest that this Lone Wanderer is a bit of an asshole and is very keen on a set objective. Give some contrast between Luna and himself. He shouldn't be smart, but he knows what he's doing when it comes to firearms (probably his hobby and past time with those things). It'll give him a reason to have Luna by his side because she can be the "smarts" of the relationship.

On top of that, this guy might make a few hasty decisions. You know, killing innocent people, yelling at Luna, etc, etc.

The fic can work, just give it the spice to really make us want to read through the questline.

ed2481
Group Contributor

Yeah she's not going to be the brightest bulb in the box, and she's probably going to be making some stupid descions and there will most likely be a few extra twists and added spices because Luna is there.

Helpful suggestions are always helpful at this stage :twilightsmile:

Edmar Fecler
Group Contributor

sounds cool to me. :)

I really like this idea. And If it is you who will write, I know it will be good.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Had one similar involving a noob courier and a OC:eeyup:

Silent Scout
Group Contributor

I would read it, and pretty sure many other people would too.

Bum

Sounds awesome, I will still miss Ethan after wanderings is over thought.

On top of that, this guy might make a few hasty decisions. You know, killing innocent people, yelling at Luna, etc, etc.

You know, killing innocent people, yelling at Luna, etc, etc.

yelling at Luna,

yelling

When the hell did the Lone Wanderer ever start yelling, let alone talking? I don't include dialogue, cause it's just words in a box. He never talks. I just assumed he made facial expressions to go along with the dialogue options... sorta like Gordon Freeman's long-lost mute sibling. I donno. Just had to throw that out there.

Honestly, this sounds doable. I do, however, have to agree with this chap I quoted in the fact that... yeah. That's kinda boring if there is no difference. Make a few quests up. Make a few OCs to throw in there. It's a fanfiction. No one cares if there are a few new people in the wasteland.
Then again, I neglected to check out the other comments. You may have resolved this issue. I don't know. Just putting out m opinion here. Now, I shall eat a book. Excuse me.

Bronyhood of steel
Group Admin

I wouldn't mind seeing someone take the outcasts' side

Shadowflash
Group Contributor

You're kidding, right?

This is a fiction. The point is to base the character on the dialogue given in the game. He yells a lot if you take the semi-evil route. The only reason the Lone Wanderer doesn't talk outside of dialogue is because he is you. Bethesda can't get all the people in the world to voice this single character.

Even then, your point is invalid. If you don't count the dialogue in the box, then I guess all the Fallout main characters were just mutes.

Now that is something i would read, without a doubt..

I played three playthroughs as an Evil charater, and not once did he yell in dialogue. He was an asshole, sure. But he never yelled.
Also, I see the dialogue as just simple communication. I know that they couldn't have gotten a voice actor for the Lone Wanderer, but what about in Skyrim? The reason I felt that the Dovahkiin was more "real" is that you heard them talk. Maybe not english, but Dragontongue. That is what I like about the Dovahkiin compared to the Fallout heroes. Dovahkiin has a voice. A rare voice, maybe. But a voice nonetheless. All I ever got from the Lone Wanderer were grunts from injuries. Again, I feel like the Lone Wanderer never truly spoke, which is why I never liked the idea of him talking. Which is why I feel so uncomfortable with the idea of reading a story with him. Dragonborn? Sure. Lone Wanderer... not so much. Then again, that's just me. It's not like I'm saying he never talked. He did. I just don't have a voice to attach to him, that's all.

Shadowflash
Group Contributor

I don't know how you interpret text, but I've envisioned the Wanderer yelling a few times to people. So, to each their own.

As for the rest: it's a fiction. If we had a mute Wanderer running about, I don't think it'd be that great of a story, since Fallout 3 relies on dialogue to tell its story.

1804285Great idea, but instead of going with the same cannon quest from fallout, how about come up with some oc quest or suggestions from commentors?

Neck injury in the vault makes the Wanderer mute, and has to communicate via pipboy text? Seems like what I would do in a sit like that.

Of course. A story without story is nothing. But I personally just saw the Wanderer as the type of guy who just made you feel like shit, not the kind that abused you. Again, to each his own.

My god... you are a genius, man. :applejackconfused:
Now everything makes sense! I understand it all! :pinkiegasp:
EVERYTHING. :pinkiecrazy:

I don't know about you all but I was think a character who was like a Luna in an alternate reality :twilightsheepish:

You should totally go with the comments and make the wanderer a mute, (possibly with dream sequences with Luna where the wanderer can talk, but the voice is one that you just can't seem to identify)

That sounds like a splendiferous idea. Hows about Nicole for the name of the wanderer? And incase you haven't guessed, I may have a cold. Pretty lights must DIE!

Comment posted by Delta Asada deleted Sep 23rd, 2013

What if Luna was one of the vault expiraments. Vault 103: It was a vault with its own transdimentional portalgenerator (origionally designed to teleport troops intobattle. Unfortunately the devise was actvated without anyproper coordinates due to a radroach getting into the works, ejecting all inhabitants into deep space.)
But when the return failsafe is activated the computer requires the biologicql material to be living, as the vault members are dead it sewrched for newrest life signs. Teleporting Luna AND a bunch of othrr magical creachures(using radiation to replace magic), this creates a more varied story than just Luna.... or not, what ever pleases you

1804285Also, can Lunas magic be highley radioactive, something to limit her magic and to force her to use weapons and adapt. (It wouldbe funny if she tried to heal something with magic only for it to die(or horribly mutate) from radiation poisoning

1806445Yeah, The gamespends a lot of ttime showing that the Enclave does somenasty research, what if Luna and the Wanderer had to run from the Enclave to keep her from being killed. OR Luna had some form of anti-corruption spell that has the potential to purge nightmare moon as well as clewn the water. OR what if Luna had to deal with a massive multiple personqlity disorder (imagine Fight Club) and the wanderer had to deal with both. (Ever gome on a random city destroying killingspree for fun, thats Luna).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26