The Hero... Queen Chrysalis??? 1,734 members · 385 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

While in season final we saw the changelings invade the tribe timeline. Their eating habit is rather strange to me. Changelings is suppose to feed on pony love right? So why did a changeling try and bite into Twilight and have the pony fear them? Also her voice change as well like she don't have any second voice behind hers.

well that makes you think.

4894068 I've had changelings feed by "leeching", which is exactly how it sounds, where instead of tricking a pony into giving them their love through disguise and treachery, they literally just bite into a pony and suck it out. In my headcanon, it's a process that even the changelings condone, but desperate times or whatever.

4894068 Who says it's to eat? Maybe they tried to bite her to hurt her.

Also I noticed the voice change too, I think they just forgot.

It is or could be reason why they did change her voice. Have an idea she could be possess by someone or something in the Canterlot invasion.

4894079 Well she is a changeling. She can change her voice to whatever she wants, so it didn't bother me at all.

There are quite a few different theories on how changelings feed, and many of them include the possibility of forcibly drawing love out of an unwilling pony. One of the more common portrayals is that of cocooning ponies, and slowly draining any love they may generate while they sleep. It's often portrayed as producing less food than feeding on the love a pony feels toward a disguised changeling, but is much easier and less risky.

Given that the two times we've seen changelings in the show, they've been conducting a very hostile takeover, it seems reasonable to assume changelings have some way of feeding on ponies without needing the ponies to have positive feelings toward them.

Given that the two times we've seen changelings in the show,

actually we only seen changelings 4 times in show.

4894068 They could harvest it by force.

Sorry, I was somewhat unclear there. The two times we've seen real changelings, plural, they've been conducting a very hostile takeover. In this case, group actions seem more significant to me than a lone individual, as it seems a significant amount of changelings were participating (For whatever reason) to be part of overt hostilities. That suggests that such hostilities were viewed as beneficial rather than detrimental.

The ones in the dream don't count since that would be Rainbow Dash's interpretation of them, which doesn't necessarily line up with reality (Even if they were quite hostile, too).

In the MLP comics, (supposedly canon) Chrysalis often raided villages like she did with Canterlot, where she and the changelings force-extracted the love and left the victims as soulless, half-dead husks. I suppose that long-term infiltration is more about information and love gathering (like foraging), while raiding is more like active hunting. The latter nets a bigger haul much faster and more easily, but depletes the native populations. Changelings are hinted at being migratory.

I still don't like that method, though.

4894068 it is possible that changeling have a venomous bite, more likely a stunning venom to paralyse it pray

i say the bug jest wonted to bite twi

Becuase he think she a pancake

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15