Dare to Derp! 536 members · 416 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

So a few days ago a picture of the new favorites toy set was released.

Notice anything missing?

I suspect she'll go eternally unnamed, thanks to Derpygate. Naming her Derpy would make the whole 'that's offensive' crowd angry again, and not naming her Derpy would make all the fans mad because it would be seen as caving in and selling the fans out again.

Exactly right. It makes a lot less people mad to leave her unnamed. I'm alright with her just officially being the muffin mare.

At this point, it's become a running gag. She may as well be green and have no facial features, for she is Aponymous. She is legion. She does not forgive. She does not forget. Not unless apology muffins are involved.

I... I hadn't thought of it like that.:rainbowderp:

well in my opinion, Derpy is her cannon name. yea, it pissed off a bunch of fuck-tards and they had to cut it, but for a breif moment Derpy was cannon. and in terms of a name, a moment can last forever. :derpytongue2:

1317756 Ditzy Doo is her official name.

1318782 That's the name that appeared on merch. Merch is secondary canon at best; when it comes down to conflicts between the two you always go with what the show says.

I may be in the minority, but I'd be perfectly happy with them officially calling her Ditzy or Bubbles if it meant she got to make actual appearances on the show again, and not just be hidden in the distant background like in season 3. If there's one thing this fandom excels at, it's coming up with elaborate headcanon, so I'm sure we could keep calling her Derpy and feel pretty good about it.

She will always be Derpy

There are two muffin mares in my head canon. Derpy Hooves (The Last Roundup) and her twin sister Ditzy Doo (who as of Season 3 just got back from collecting the "southbound" birds during Winter Wrap Up). Thus, both names apply.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13