The Lunaverse 2,569 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26
Hendy853
Group Contributor

Hi, for those of you reading this who don't recognize my name, I'm the guy who put out A Chance Encounter, the story where Spike and Twilight meet. Those of you who do recognize me probably also realize that I have not updated my story since July. Well, there's a couple of reasons for that. I had originally left it alone so I could get to work on a Code Geass fanfic. The plan was to get the first arc of that done before coming back to finish up ACE (I will be referring to the story as ACE from now on) before returning to the CG story. Unfortunately, that died out when I came to the realization that I had no desire to write a fanfic as big as the one I was planning, and that I in fact had lost all desire to write fanfiction in general, and was more inclined to start working on original fiction. This realization came about three weeks ago.

Since then, I have not written anything, because I figured that I might as well finish up ACE. After all, it's not supposed to be anywhere near as long as the Code Geass story. That was nearly a month ago, and I still haven't gotten any work done. I've been telling myself that I should just get it done and then I can get to the stuff I really want to do, but a few minutes ago, I came to a realization.

That's not fair.

I don't remember my exact number of watchers right now, but I'm pretty sure I have over a hundred people waiting for my story to just freaking update already. And if I just half ass what's left, then that's not fair to them. They've been waiting patiently, and they deserve to get a story that is done well, not a rushed job done by someone who just wants it to end.

So here's what's going to happen: If anyone here wants to finish ACE for me and the readers, just tell me, and I'll give it to whoever I feel can do the best job with it. I'll send you what I already have (about half of the next chapter has been done since August) and I'll tell you what I had planned for the ending. Then you can do whatever the hell you want, as long as the story ends well.

I'm sorry to all of the people who have been waiting so long, hopefully, it'll be back on track soon. But I won't be the conductor anymore.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Sorry to hear that, especially since ACE was in a way one of the stories I wanted for the Lunaverse for the beginning - that is, if you hadn't come along and started it, I probably would have.

Damnit, wish my plate wasn't so full, I'd offer...

Blackbelt
Group Contributor

you and me both.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

What a shame. I was really looking forward to seeing where that story went. :fluttercry:

I would offer to take it, but I honestly don't trust myself with L!Twilight. I'd probably just make things even worse for her.

On one hand I'm sad, because I really enjoyed your writing in the story. On the other hand this means it might actually be finished :/

Hendy853
Group Contributor

Lord knows it wasn't going to happen with me in charge.

why not take it down so an author could restart it?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

That's actually kind of funny, because I'm on my break from work right now and I just logged in specifically to recommend you take it up, IAH. If your plate isn't too full, that is.

I doubt you could do anything worse to Twi then...well, what I did.

527514 Because that'd be a waste of time to take a story down so someone else can more or less remake the same 3 chapters.

At least, I think so.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

...Well, I guess I could give it a try. I won't be able to get to it right away, though. It wouldn't be finished until after the holidays at least. :unsuresweetie:

If that's fine with you guys, I...guess I could finish it up.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

526476>>528223
Well, it's up to Hendy, really...

Hendy853
Group Contributor

If you want it, take it.

Hendy853
Group Contributor

And by "take it" I mean, tell me, so I can send you what I already have and tell you what I had planned to do. Then if you want to use that stuff, you can.

528223 But do you want to?

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

529296, 529269

I accept the challenge. Let's get this story finished. :rainbowdetermined2:

Blackbelt
Group Contributor

ROUND ONE! FIGHT!

....sorry, seemed appropriate.

529306 Try to have fun.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

529269 529306
Having been given a preview of Chapter 4 of that fic some weeks back, I'll be interested to see if my favorite part of that scene stays intact.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

Okay, do you think I should pull the chapter or leave it up there? After this morning, I'm more than ready to forget the whole thing.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

748618 :derpyderp2: what happened? I thought it was a fine chapter!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

That might be my fault, I guess.

I was rather unsettled by portions of the chapter and gave IAH a somewhat scathing critique, in private just between the two of us. I don't think it lead to any bad blood or anything, as we both stayed fairly polite throughout, but it did sort of bring to focus some of the troubles and uncertainties writing this fic has been causing him, given that he's never liked L!Twilight and so trying to write a fic about her has apparently only made all his problems with her worse.

Blackbelt
Group Contributor

I think you're doing a fine job, and you should be proud of your work.

If you are unhappy with sections of the chapter, pull it and edit it until you're happy with it. If you are happy with it, leave it up.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I liked it...honestly I was hoping that IAH could use this to help deal with his problems with L!Twilight. He has the perfect excuse with Spike!

But I think L!Twilight was in character throughout.

If you want to pull the chapter, you should. But the general response seems to be positive, so...

I dunno. your choice.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26