Humanized Ponies! 3,473 members · 5,606 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

Ok, so I'm writing one of my chapters for: From My World To Theirs, and all the pony characters are humanized, plus they still either have their magic and or wings and I got names for each on the different types of people:
-Unicorn = Magi
-Earth ponies = Earthen
-Pegasi = Avian
-Alicorn = Avatar [still working on it]

but here's the thing, what do you call them as a whole? I mean in the normal mlp universe those four races are called ponies as a whole, but what about this situation with humanized ponies?

Thoughts?

702246 um, humans?

GlitchyProductions
Group Admin

Humens.

And if anyone gets that reference, you're magical.

702250>>702248

I'm trying to avoid using the term "humans" for the humanized pony characters and only on my character who is from earth.

I say we call them Centaurans.

I say we call them tittysprinkles.
\

Bronies? :pinkiegasp::pinkiecrazy:

I think that's really fitting names for each type. Good one!

In mine the separate races are identified as 'folk.' IE, Earth-folk, Sky-folk, Soul-folk. Though they're still classified as 'humans.'

I think just calling them humans would help identify with the characters more, rather than making them seem alien to the protagonist.

I've played around with some Latin translators and here's some ideas.

Cornus- can mean hoof, horn and mountain top. A good word to give a race of unicorn like people who originate from a citadel built along a hill like canterlot

Nimbus- cloud, could also mean of the clouds

Terran- of the earth

Dia/Dium/Dius- means blessed with the super natural

Heres's how I'd use these words or play a variation of them:

"Fluttershy, you are an embarrassment to Nimbus race." Rainbow Dash said.

"Looks like my job as a Terran is to show you Cornuns how it's really done!" Applejack said smugly to Rarity.

What do you think? I know some of them sound weird but if J.K Rolwing can make up gibberish Latin in her Harry Pooter books. Why not us?

I have them still call each other unicorn, earth pony, and pegasus. According to one researcher (Lyra), ponies were once quadrupeds, with long noses. It's a controversial theory, of course. She feels that the evidence of horse shoes being found is pretty good proof. Still, to everyone else, a pony is a bipedal race.

so, the human ponies call themselves something, and you will have your character being the only one not calling them human?
remember the KISS then. Keep it simple stupid. No need to bend yourself over something that sounds like it doesn't make sense to begin with

Mine are similarish.
Unicorns- Magii
Pegusus- Pegusi
Earth Ponies- Human
Alicorns- The Ancients
My head cannon- the current three races were preceded by the Empire of the Ancients. Luna and Celestia are the last survivors of this empire, daughters of a soldier and a minor noblewoman, who were killed in the first Changeling war. The Ancients were preceded by an even older empire, which disappeared hundreds of years before the first recorded history of the Ancients. A few artifacts revealed that these people called themselves "The Masters".
It is debated among scholars if Discord and his sister Enris are decended from these Masters, or are, like the princesses, remnants of a bygone era.

Mine are athletic, prodigal, and basal, though I doubt I'll use those terms at all. But in answer to the question, I call them... people.

702511 I like that idea, but possibly change the suffix of each word to -ans? somehow my brain makes that seem like more of a word used to describe a species as a whole

That makes sense. like common languages today alot words stem from older languages like latin. Starswirl the Bearded may have called himself a Cornus in the past but today people use the word cornan.

706888 okay so it would depend at what point in history the story was set/ the reference was (e.g. in a book written in the old humanestrian style)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17