Twilestia is Bestia 3,269 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

So lately I’ve been thinking we should start a contest. I am your host for the 12th Twilestia Contest.  Rubyfire377 also known as the Dragon Reborn, everypony is welcomed to participate by writing or judging!

The Premise:  The prompt for this contest is Family and Children, which is about Twilight and Celestia starting a family and having kids and both being mothers.

Limitations: Personally, I would say avoid clop. Make it implied if you can,  The rules for word count is still going to be 1500 word count that’s less and the upper limit is still going to be 35,000  word count.  Also the Story has to be  Original Content .  Stories that have been written up but not posted are allowed.  Editors are allowed to help you out.

Judging: Anyone can become a judge, but they can’t enter the contest. There are going to be four slots for the judging.

1. Rubyfire377
2  Knight of Cerebus
3 Stella Regis

Winnings: This part is the juiciest: my prizes are going to be different.

First Place: Gets a commission for a plushie for Darth Rush (PM me for details)

Second Place: Gets a commission for Pia Sama

Third place: Gets art by EZTP

Deadlines: December 28, 2017

I don't think the last one was even judged yet.

Same here, I never saw the results posted.

Interesting. I have no immediate ideas, but given the time to write and the word limit, I'm sure I can come up with something!

I'm a fan of that long deadline, thank you in advance. The more participation, the better.

Any word on when the last contest's results will be put out?

My only concern is how you've defined the prompt when usually its left open for the writers to decipher. For instance, does the story absolutely need to be about them starting a family, together? There's no leeway for interpretation here. All the stories are going to sound the same.
Edit: I feel I should clarify. If you look at past contests, the prompt has always been given and then left open for others to interpret as seen fit. For instance, last time it was simply "burning bright." No further insight was given in the rules so that the writers could interpret it however they liked. Here you could have simply left it at "family and children" and left the rest for us to decide, but the tidbit after makes it seem like the criteria must conform to how you've interpreted it. What if I want to write about Twilight being divorced with children of her own and needing Celestia for advice? My interpretation does not conform to what you've given. So it makes it seem what I want to write wont qualify for the contest. That's what my initial concern is.

Well, I finally found an idea. I think it's at least halfway decent.

This contest is still happening, yes? Just wondering, with the last one not being judged and this one not having a lot of replies going on.

I've got the rough draft of my entry done, needs some editing still, but I just kinda wanted to make sure this hasn't been called off or anything.

no just not a lot of people are entering this one

That's a shame! I definitely am, though. :twilightsmile: Maybe I'll go promote it a little.

cool man maybe you might be the only one who wins lol

I want to win, but not by being the only entry, that's pretty lame. I'm posting about it in the monthly contest group, that might get it some interest.

... I've got an idea for this. I can't wait to join.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/394718/in-dreams
Here's my entry. It's short, but I've never written this ship before. I hope you like it! :twilightsmile:

is it too late to enter? I will give it a try if I can enter. I'm sure I can come up with something in a week's time.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

So are we reaching a verdict yet? Have you messaged the other judge?

now the winners is
1st: Aurora
2nd : In Dreams

Congrats you guys

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Tagging both of you so you're aware of your victories! Thanks for participating, and we hope to see you in the next contest!

Huzzah! I do still wish there had been other entries! But I'm happy to win, and Aurora was such a good story, that I'd never have written without this contest to give me the idea and motivation, so I'm completely thrilled.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

We judges all loved it as much as you! Next time we will be returning to the Bimonthly Twilestia contests as a part of my return to modding the group. I'm also trying to reach out to more authors, and I'm hopeful that will bring in more applicants.

Oh my stars! Even though I'm second place out of two, I can't believe I won a contest! Ohmygosh, happiest day EVER!
I mean, um, thank you so much :twilightsmile:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

I probably would've placed you higher if there had been more entrants :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26