Twilestia is Bestia 3,269 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29

I like the idea of her (DayBreaker) being trapped inside Celestia's core, and well, Celestia cloud hide her bloody past cuz she doesn´t want to lost Twilight's love

5970811 I think there story out already from few year ago, that has this pairing, corruption of the sun
but yea I think daybreakerXtwilight be good story, idea and ship, I can see that Celestia handing over control to Daybreaker in order to save twilight, and then daybreaker kissing her.....

1) Who the hell is Daybreaker.

2) English.

5970818 I believe daybreaker is the nightmare version of Celestia

Keep in mind also that Daybreaker isn't Celestia's idea of her own "Nightmare" form, it's Starlight Glimmer's idea. Granted, it's a damned awesome version, but Daybreaker can probably only be considered "soft canon."

Daybreaker was Starlight Glimmer's dream. She's not real. She isn't "in" Celestia in any way, shape, or form.

5971368 but they could make her canon eventually, right?

I sure hope not. That would be awful. Whatever method they did to make that so would be ridiculous.

I much prefer the Celestia we're getting more solid a picture of. Celestia is Equestria's mom, not some tyrant with a hidden dark side. She's more relatable, personable, and genuinely loving and benevolent. She's a breath of fresh air compared to all the edge and angst of the real world.

Your ability to pick out keywords is astoundingly bad.

"It could become canon, right?"

Yes, it is fiction, and it's a land with flying magical marshmallow horses with magic destiny marks on their butts. Despite the fact that we seem to be finally building up the character of one of the oldest and least developed horses in the show in one direction, they could toss all that in the trash, make a shitty set of decisions, and tell all of us, "fuck you we don't want to make a good show anymore."

So of course, "you're right it could happen." That is totally the most important part of what I said.

5971531 Actually, I believe giving Celestia a potential dark half gives her more character than ever before, and even more fanfic potential. After all, this means it COULD come out, and from Celestia's words, it sounded like Daybreaker has come out before...

5971531 I don't think Daybreaker is a bad thing...

And everyone needed redemption at least ONCE. So what if she used to be like that? If Discord was redempted, Celestia surely was in the past...

I mean, what we know of Equestria before Discord's rule and before the tribes founded the country?

If you mean "more character" as the rest of what you said, "ever before" implies, in the sense "it will be more characterization than we currently have for her" yes, you're right. You know how to make a factual statement. Indeed, anything we get for her that is more than we currently have would be "more character than ever before.

What you're implying is that this route with Daybreaker being her personal inner demon would be "more than other options." This is simply false and doesn't follow. Indeed, it would be less interesting a character than other choices. We already have Luna with her "inner demons." We also have Sunset Shimmer and "SciTwi." Tossing Celestia into that pile of characters and making her more like them would be the opposite of an interesting design choice.

It would not increase fanfic potential. Any increase in firm canon information shuts off contradictory fanfic possibilities. For ever story you might imagine where we hear the exact same story we've heard thousands of times before about Luna and Nightmare Moon, canon supporting that would cut off the much more rare, more creative, and more interesting stories of a genuinely good person struggling with a sad, stressful, difficult, and dangerous world. Of leading an entire race in a world with dragons, wendigos, and various other powerful beasties that aren't that friendly. You're cutting out all the stories about how this person could endure all that and produce the kind and loving mare we know today.

And as for the topic, would this make for a good ship with Twilight Sparkle? Hell no. Twilight already loves and admires the good Celestia we know. Daybreaker being real and coming out to become the dominant personality of Celestia would be the death of the person Twilight admires. Looking at Daybreaker's leering face would be a horrifying mockery of what Twilight does care about.

Not only would we have to toss the whole series in the toilet for Daybreaker to not only become canon, but to become a permanent and primary replacement to Celestia, but you'd also have to warp and twist Twilight Sparkle into an entirely different character to come to love that.

I would say that if you're so bored of Celestia and Twilight that you'd want to pursue this direction, you'd be simply better off looking for other characters that have the kind of style you're interested in.

5971562 Who says I was bored of them? I did not say that. I was just commenting on this new aspect of Celestia's characterization. You're overanalyzing my statement.

Sure, lets make everyone the same. Totally a good idea.

Fanfic exists in part to break, change, alter, and rethink canon.

People who get fixated on keeping perfectly aligned to canon may be missing the point.

5971573 if by "everyone" you mean Sci-Twi and Luna...

Celestia is not a Saint, if that is what you are trying to say.

And guess what? The one who should look for another series is you, cuz for what I remember, MLP is always about forgiveness, redemption and compassion.

You were the one using F words just for a question in a forum

i view daybreaker as how celestia may have been in the early day in order to keep the kingdom safe, either after she and luna toke over or after luna went to her 1000 year time out, but over the year she can to being normal or how we see her normal in show

JUST DO IT !!!!

While that fic is AWESOME, a fic where Daybreaker could be all the lust and passion that Celestia feels for Twilight could be fine too.

So... Now people could be more willing to give this a honest try?

Nope. Still a terrible idea. Looks like Canon has done the right thing and given us episodes like Horse Play, where we learn more about the good mare Celestia is, rather than trying to make her into a lame recolor of Nightmare Moon.

personal I think there an alt unvierser that everything is flip, well the ruler are nightmare moon and daybreaker. and eveypony darker side or lighter side deepen on the char.

fanfic are here to have new idea that may not be cannon but it still works, I mean look at fallout or warhammer 40k fics on the site.
I don't mind au where char are different or just about they cannon self but few thing different,

there another one where nightmare take over sunbut and tell her that she going to cut twilight horn out and kill her and sunbut fight back but is curse to wear the nightmare form for evermore, and twilight end up control the sun and become alicorn. all set right after the wedding

I wish there were a story when Chrysalis tries to NTR' Celestia, stealing Twilight away from her... and DayBreaker gets mad at Celestia for being useless about it.

PS: Sen that fimfic please QwQ

I feel like there aren't enough daybreaker and twilight fanfics yet

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29