I am having way too much fun with this

[EDIT: updated the URL to correct version]

5313898 Are these only FoME's cards?

:twilightoops: What?

I mean...

You...

This...

How did you assign rarities!?

So wait, where did these designs come from? Because wherever it was, there are some really neat cards in there. They could use a templating editor and a look-over by a developer (what custom Magic cards couldn't?), but I was really liking that stuff.
Your pack displayer is super neat as well! Probably the sharpest-looking text-only customs I've ever seen.
EDIT: I took a look at the repo and I feel like I'm falling into a major rabbit hole here. Do you mind giving me the backstory?
EDIT EDIT: I swear that pun was unintentional.

So wait, where did these designs come from?

FICG, or Friendship Is Card Games, comes from a series of blogs posted by 5313932. You can find an index of those blogs here. :twilightsmile:

5313898 FICG doesn't really sound like a set name though.

5313928 Yes. :)

5313932 Ahahaha :pinkiecrazy: I didn't! Since FICG doesn't have defined rarities, I couldn't do the typical booster pack breakdown, so I fudged something that feels booster pack-ish. In each pack, you're guaranteed one legendary or planeswalker, and one basic land. The rest are randomly selected, and finally a random token or emblem is included.

Your pack displayer is super neat as well! Probably the sharpest-looking text-only customs I've ever seen.

Ooh, thanks! I kinda threw that together quickly so I'm pleased it works well. Could still use work I think.

I took a look at the repo and I feel like I'm falling into a major rabbit hole here. Do you mind giving me the backstory?

I went into it a little in an earlier thread, but basically: I want to collect and preserve as many fan-made pony card sets as I can, and also make it easier for people to build/print pony decks. The result of this is PonyMTG.

So wait, where did these designs come from?

As gamexpert1990 notes, FanOfMostEverything has been creating MLP-based MTG cards for a number of years, and I adore his work, so when it came to making a card database, I just had to get my hands on those cards. :twistnerd: And since I wanted them all to be printable, I needed a way to generate proxies for cards that don't have images.

FICG is not really a "set" as such, but the cards form a natural grouping so that's how I've classified it in PonyMTG.

5313898 Following what is pretty much the standard of set names. The First set in a block is generally the name of the plane with or without a caption describing the theme of the plane.

In this case a good name for the "set" Would be at least "Equestria" or something along the lines of "Equestrian Harmony."

5314628 Ah well, that would be up to FoME to decide. Personally I'm being informal about it; this is more for amusement purposes. :scootangel: (To be clear, I haven't actually asked permission from FanOfMostEverything to do this, so any mistakes or ineptitude is my own. :rainbowdetermined2:)

The standard set also doesn't contain thousands of cards. Speaking as the designer, I'm in too much shock to complain.

It's not opening for me for some reason

5314664 The web page, or the booster pack? Let me know which browser/device you're using and I'll see if I can sort the issue. :derpyderp1:

the pack isn't opening and I'm using Internet Explorer on my laptop

Internet Explorer

Well there's your problem! :derpytongue2:

5314714 I'm glad you said it, because now I can take the high ground and pretend I wasn't going to say the same thing :rainbowwild:

5314685 ooh, that's a mystery. The code is fairly vanilla JS, so I'm not sure what could be giving IE problems. :applejackconfused:

Thank you both for the info! And thank you, hawthornbunny, for this excellent service to our small yet surprisingly mighty community of pony/MtG fans.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17