Spike Fanfictions 2,965 members · 5,610 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Just let the title sink with you and see what you come up with.

2989554 A badass dragon that saves his oblivious adoptive parent(s) from creepy horrors in the middle of Ponyville?

2989554 not exactly fitting, but I can see thecrossover with the dog working quite well

2989569 And I have no plans on making it whatso ever.

Returne the slab or suffer my curse.

2989761 MY EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applejackconfused::pinkiecrazy::pinkiesick::rainbowlaugh::facehoof::twilightblush::twilightsheepish::fluttershyouch::derpyderp2::scootangel::twistnerd::facehoof::twilightsmile::coolphoto::derpyderp1: I CANT HOLD IT TOGETHEFREWIOFUUJIFDHOFEJPFY *EXPLODES*

The things I do for love

2989761 I did not see that anywhere...maybe I should have looked before I made this thread...:twilightblush::facehoof:

Alright, it's sinking in now....

Yes... Yes, I see... I see a vision of a group that only ever seems to produce ideas that are either random crossovers or gimmicks without substance, apparently incapable of crafting a storyline with any kind of narrative depth whatsoever.

:unsuresweetie:

Seriously, why am I still hanging out with you guys?

2989826 The remainder of my sainity says yes! :moustache:

2989853 Now I just feel weird...or NAUGHTY...:pinkiecrazy:

2989855 Well now I just feel bad.:fluttercry:

Wait a minute...NO I DONT!!! :trollestia:
Hey! If there is a crossover tag, I am going to use that crossover tag!

2989855 Love your story "Time Crusade" By the way! :twilightsmile:

LuminoZero
Group Admin

Because misery loves company. You, like the few of us with sense here, stay for the rare topic that actually wants to discuss Spike the character, and not promote some half baked crossover or whatever the flavor-of-the-month story is.

Out of all the groups I am in, this one has the most topic spam by far (I tend to keep my group list small, for that reason) and it is maybe one in a dozen topics that actually has something of worth in it.

Add in plenty of pointless shipping debates and we're gold.

-Lumino

Comment posted by LordTalon deleted Mar 3rd, 2014

2990120 I love all your stories by the way.
2990347 EDIT: LIKE

LuminoZero
Group Admin

You shouldn't, cause prolly 30-40% of em suck.

To the point, the issue here is that these ideas people spam are literally the lowest denomination of writing. There is a reason I stay away from HiE and Crossovers, because a lot of weak writers use them to cover up for their lack of experience. That doesn't mean the genre in general is bad, but it means the ratio of Good:Bad is heavily skewed.

Every other day there is a topic on this forum about someone having another overdone idea. A random crossover, a clop story, an HiE, whatever. More to the point, these topics serve little purpose except:

A: Asking for others to do it.
B: Looking for people to pointlessly encourage a three sentence summary.

This isn't personal, LordTalon, you are far from the only person who does this. However, I guess this is the topic where those of us who are sick and tired of it rant a little bit. Your writing is not measured by your idea. Any idiot can get a good idea.

Your writing is measured by your execution. That takes dedication, pain and time. There are no shortcuts to the end, just different ends.

-Lumino

2989554 You might be on to something here. But would Flash Sentry be stuck in the role of Eustis?

2989554 I love Courage the Cowardly Dog.

2989761 " Return the slab or suffer my curse. "
:flutterrage:: " WHAT'S YOUR OFFER?! "
2990912 Possibly.

Well now I just feel bad.:fluttercry:

Bwahahaha! :pinkiecrazy:

Wait a minute...NO I DONT!!! :trollestia:

Curses! Foiled again! :twilightangry2:

Thanks. :twilightsmile:

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I'm not exactly displeased. More like disappointed, really.

As for why I stick around, I really have no idea. Lord knows I've quit other groups for similar reasons. I guess this place simply has just enough potential for me to still want to keep an eye on it.

2990347 I see your reasoning and retract my argument.:ajsleepy:

2990912 It could be an oblivious Luna and Celestia who are constantly being attacked by monsters.

2989826 AWESOME PICTURE!! :pinkiehappy:
2989631 Best Line from the Cartoon!! :twilightsmile:
I Love Courage the Cowardly Dog!!! :yay:

2989567 or all of his friends (Mane six and CMC).

Me too. I haven’t seen that show in a long time.

Uh buddy are you there?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31