The Writers' Group 9,316 members · 56,686 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Basically, I am going to submit a rewrite of my older story. What is the right way to do it? Delete the old story and submit the rewrite? Revoke submission, delete all the chapters, upload new ones, then submit? Or delete the old chapters and replace them with new ones?

I'm scared of the rule that prevents me from submitting an old story twice. The rewrite has major differences from the old version, but I do not want to be stuck with a rewrite that I can't submit on the site, having at the same time, lose my old story. What is the proper way to do it?

Revoke the story, and work from there.

~Skeeter The Lurker

I suppose as long as you unpublish the old story, it'll be alright. How old is the story?

Join usssssss..........

~Skeeter The Lurker

2120772 I rewrote the first chapter of one of my fics a short while back. I revoked the submission of the original, got rid of the old chapters and put up the new as I made changes to the description to inform readers that it was a rewrite of the original. I didn't get any flak from the mod that allowed it back on the site when I submitted it again. Can go that way if you want.

I'm sure that's fine. I suppose it's old enough to be forgotten. That's my logic at least.

(Coming from a guy who's had a rewrite planned for at least a year, that is.)

Surprised me too :derpytongue2:.

Comment posted by Minalkra deleted Nov 8th, 2013

Sorry but the rules are pretty clear - though obviously, if it's VERY different, it might possibly be an entirely new story altogether. This is more a mod question, PM one of them with links or something. They might be cool with it.

Also, I deleted my asshat comment because it was asshat.

Honestly, it depends on the nature of the rewrite. I've seen a rewrite that was, well, completely rewritten, literally, without borrowing anything except the general storyline from the original (so really a full rewrite and not a reworking of the same text), and it was accepted without a problem.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10