The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,491 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Okay, Australia is still doing the whole early release thing, and the next episode, "The End In Friend" is already out! This one is by Gilliam Burrow.

The name is actually so strange on this one that I'm not sure I really want to speculate about it, at least not in a SFW group. I suppose it could be about friendships ending, or conversely, things happening that end up in friendship. Or maybe just when a friend is nearby and you need somepony to fix up your split ends. If Rarity's eying your mane with scissors in tow, though, you're probably best getting Opal in between the two of you and hoping she gives Opal a makeover instead, though.

This'll be the discussion thread, though, so if you've seen this episode or want to talk about it, talk about it here, and I'll reuse this for the US release later.

--Sweetie Belle

I'm betting this is going to be a Friendship School episode.

Either that or Lyra and Bon Bon finally call it quites.

It was okay. It definitely took a direction I wasn't expecting.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Felt like a lost season 1 idea to me, when the Mane Six were getting used to each other (AJ and Rarity episode anyone?). I certainly enjoyed Rarity and Dash because they are most dramatic and passionate ponies but besides them episode felt weird at times. Maybe it is because it was kinda freaky to me how Dash and Rarity were under observation the whole time and neither acknowledged it in any way (even though both really love attention).

Its best to just turn of the brain and watch them interact and not think too much about it being a social experiment.

My only disappointment was we didn't get a slight return to G3 Rainbow Dash who was like a more insufferable version of G4 Rarity. I really would like these two to actually start enjoying each other's stuff more. We know Rarity is capable of getting rough and tumble if pressed and Rainbow's love of being the center of attention would really work well with getting dressed up once and a while.

Unlike that Rarijack episode 8 years ago (HOLY 8 YEARS), what the two characters in this episode didn't realize is their similarity in approaching their interests. Their goals don't have to be one in the same, nor must it be obvious. In fact, most who've became friends are different in many aspects. None of those whom I'm close to watch this show, nor adore electronic music (mainly trance), etc.

The point is, this episode seemed shallow, in the sense that Rainbow Dash and Rarity should've realized how outgoing and impassioned each of them are for their own desires a long time ago. Because otherwise, couldn't Rainbow and Twilight have quarreled for their lack of similarities before she was introduced to reading Daring Do?

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

The episode only considered that Rarity and Dash hanged out two times. I suppose I applaud that writer referenced those but still odd. Of course I bet nobody remembered that both Dash and Rarity love going to the spa. It is a season 1 episode that came out 8 years too late...well if there wasn't an episode like this already? I am confusing myself :rainbowhuh:

I was also expecting Rainbow Dash to 'always dress in style'. Maybe Rarity needed help winning a crochet or Polo match and needed help practicing with RbD? And RbD needed Rarity's help with finding something formal to wear to a prestigious Wonderbolt ceremony? I dunno, but I still really liked what we got.

Rarity didn't seem to learn anything from the episode Pony point of View (P.P.O.V) from the way she did everything that she likes to do, in hopes RbD would get involved as well.

Lol Rainbow still doesn't admit she likes spas...

And there are instances (forgot specific moments) where we see Rarity isn't annoyed with Rainbow's behavior/attitude towards certain situations.

Heck she wasn't even mad when Rainbow was shouting all over her during that Wind Rider incident.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Think Rarity was more annoyed by AJ with whom she has even less common points than Dash.

I liked it, though nobody seemed concerned about the observe effect...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12