The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,491 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Another week, and it's time for another episode.

This one is called "Fake It Til You Make It", and is by Josh Hamilton, who wrote "Parental Glideance", "Triple Threat", and "Secrets and Pies".

Not sure what this one is about, and the title doesn't give many hints. So I'll just make something up.

Fluttershy suddenly finds out that the contract she signed while being a fashion model for Photo Finish stipulates that she has to do at least one more tour to locations outside of Ponyville before the end date on the contract comes up! So she gets suddenly thrust back into the role of modeling for crowds of fans one last time before retiring for good. While still trying to squeeze in studio time, having been convinced to reprise her role with the Ponytones for their new record (though not for public appearances).

Well, that's probably not what the episode will be about. It'd be interesting to see that revisited, tho'.

This'll be the official discussion thread for this episode, anyways, though I'd ask you'd spoiler tag spoilers until it actually airs. Or you can discuss my silly synopsis if you want. :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

Comment posted by Discord The Narrator deleted Apr 7th, 2018

Silly synopsis? Nah, it could perfectly be that. I'll be amazed if you actually guess it well.:twilightsmile:

Can’t wait to see this episode:pinkiehappy:!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'm not sure this'll be one of those times, but I've come a lot closer than I thought I was going to before. (I remember predicting Starlight Glimmer and Maud Pie being in "Rock Solid Friendship", at the very least, though if it'd gone the way I was thinking, that would've been most of the episode.)

Not to mention the fanfic I ended up cancelling after one chapter that predicted Miss Harshwhinny coming to Ponyville and giving a presentation before Miss Cheerilee's class before it happened.

A lot of it's just that things that I think would be fun and reasonable based on the way the show is and the title sometimes intersect what the writers think would be fun and reasonable...

--Sweetie Belle

Nah, don't worry. You still make nice predictions.:twilightsmile:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Trouble is, there've been times when I go to watch the episode, and then find that my prediction was a lot more interesting...

--Sweetie Belle

I might check this one out. I haven't had much of a vested interest in the show since they brought in Starlight Glimmer.

Uff, those moments are awful...

Does that mean you hate Starlight? I don't have any problem if you say "yes".:twilightsmile:

Does that mean you hate Starlight? I don't have any problem if you say "yes".:twilightsmile:

What I mean is I like Starlight, and I respect any opinions, even if anyone says that they don't like a character. No problem.:twilightsmile:

I've seen the official synopsis for this one, and I'm both excited and apprehensive. Excited because it's apparently the first true Fluttershy/Rarity episode since "Green Isn't Your Color". I've wanted to see that for years. Apprehensive because Josh Hamilton's episodes so far, while I love "Parental Glideance" in particular, haven't been about those characters.

I didn't much care for this episode.

I loved this episode

Someone should do a "Me Myself and I" fic with Fluttershy's dissociative identity disorder.
And Rainbow Dash doing the same as when she was in "Newbie Dash".
With Twilight doing her Gollum impression from "Lesson Zero".
And Applejack acting as Rarity from "Simple Ways."
Possibly while attending one of Pinkie Pie's "Party for One" events.

Hmmm. I'm sensing a theme here.

We definitely need to see more Manehattan Fluttershy, Valley Girl Fluttershy, and Goth Fluttershy. Having her impersonate Impossibly Rich was obviously just the start of her abilities. Even Pinkie was impressed.

Dreadnought

Nor me. I was pretty disappointed, in all honesty. I wanted cute Fluttershy and Rarity friendshipping and didn't really get it. I may never get another chance. In canon, anyway -- thank Celestia for fanfic!

Yes we do

Episode was nice. :3 Got a new avatar from it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19