The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,457 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

A while back a guy posted a thread about there being a lot of human in Equestria stories that followed the plotline of "Welcome to Equestria, go f@ck something". I think it might've been Mr. SuperGiantRobot... err, Mr. SuperGiant the Robot. Whatever. This got me thinking, what about a parody of that same idea where someone goes to Equestria... with similar intent but keeps getting taser'd or maced? Something along these lines...

Laboratory of Dr. Weird
South Jersey Shore

"Gentlemen, BEHOLD!" Dr. Weird announced. "I have developed a portal to Equestria!"
Steve, the room's only other occupant was silent for a moment.
"Uh... a portal to where?" Steve asked.

"Equestria! Land of ponies... sparkles and MAGIC!"
"Oka-"
"I'm going there to find my true love Fluttershy and ask her to marry me!"(Keeping it PG here)
"Great, Doc. That's... that's great," Steve said, backing away slowly.

"BUT FIRST!" Dr. Weird shouted. "I need to run up to the store, get some snacks. It's going to be a long trip, there might be a few layovers. DO YOU... want anything?!"

"No thanks, I'm good," Steve replied.
"OKAY!... I will be back... SOON!" Dr. Weird said, departing.

And Steve, left alone with the shimmering doorway to Equestria in front of him lets curiosity get the better of him and he gets sucked in along with Javier.

Okay, so that's the basic scenario I've written in Aqua Teen Hunger Force form. Question is, is this parody style overdone? What do you guys think qualifies as a good HiE parody? If you make a parody of clopfics without clop, is it still a clopfic? That's a big question, is a parody of a clopfic still a clopfic? How many of those are out there?

If you write it well I'd be all over that shit.

1214904 But if it has some perverted guy just running around trying to thrust in every flank he sees and gets tazed for it, would it still count as clop?!
And then he meets the Mane 6 and they tell him... he should probably go home. But then he meets Lyra, who's twisted obsession with humans causes her to encourage him to mate with a mare... though she doesn't volunteer.
But then at the end of the story, Hue Mann meets Peggy A. Sister and they go back to Earth and live happily ever after. THE END.

No. Not unless he gets a mare in bed and it gets described in detail or they kiss for half the story.

"Gentlemen, BEHOLD!" Dr. Weird announced. "I have developed a portal to Equestria!"

Hm. I had a thought for a 'careful what you wish for' where a brony wishes to go to Equestria and become a pony. He wants to be a pegasus, or maybe unicorn, hang out with the Mane Six, maybe get in a relationship with Dash or something.

He gets to Equestria, all right, and becomes a pony... an earth pony. Also, he's dozens of miles away from Ponyville with no real means to get there. Wrong century, too. And since nobody believes his story, and Equestria isn't as utopian as he'd built it up to be in his head... yep. Fun times.

1214966 That sounds really good too. Maybe the future of Equestria where Rainbow Dash has a family and he's totally crushed by it. And there are monorails and mecha-wing spells you can use easily.

1214887 I thought of a really grim twist on the formula where the human gets hunted down, captured and publicly executed. Because love and tolerance.

Nah, past. Just to be a complete ass.

"Hi!" the pink one said. Kyle Lancelot tried to raise a hand and see how badly his head was bleeding, but he found his hands tied down with rope. The pony creature beamed at him. "Sorry about the rope and all! It's a lot better if you think of it as a game. It won't last long, though! After all the trouble we've gone through with you humans in the past, Princess Celestia ordered all future arrivals to be executed. Isn't that exciting?" She bounced. "Oh, and look! There comes the firing squad now! Party time!"

:pinkiecrazy:

1215040 Haha! Ok, that's pretty brilliant.

Also, I just noticed that both our usernames have prose in them.

Thanks!

And we have favorite pony in common. Long-lost siblings? :moustache:

1215130 It is the only logical explanation.

What do you guys think qualifies as a good HiE parody?
I'm kind of fond of my own, but your mileage may vary. :pinkiesmile:

If you make a parody of clopfics without clop, is it still a clopfic?
I'm going to say no.

That's a big question, is a parody of a clopfic still a clopfic?
I'm not sure, really.

How many of those are out there?
There's at least one...

Tales of the Canterlot Deportation Agency takes an amusing angle on the matter of humans in Equestria, with the fairly significant flaw that the author can't seem to decide whether it's a comedy or not.

1214887 Someone should totally write a story about an OC pony who dies and is reborn as his/her human creator.
That would at least be original. :pinkiehappy:

1216371 I had an idea where OC ponies meet their creator and one OC pony's creator keeps embarrassing them to the point it makes them want to get rid of them in various cartoony ways.

"All right Mandy, just holding onto the handle bar and don't let go!"

"Okay Sun Sprite!"

"Okay, now Eddie!"

*Bus starts*

"Are you sure about this Sunny?"

"Of course! This is uh... this is how they all do it in Canterlot!"

"Okay! I just don't know if I should- AAAAHHHHH!!!!!"

1214887 Oh, God, I just linked one of my stories with a similar concept in the pet peeves thread. Only it deals with most of the weird shit fanfic writers put out. Clop is a recurring theme, considering the main character is me, and I don't write (or do other things with...) clop, I just think some of the things I see in them are funny. Oh, well, c'est la vie. I give you The Adventures of a Self-Insert.

(Spoiler alert: When I get around to writing the next chapter, the Sergeant Colonel Special Forces guy named Kyle will have hunted manticores to extinction and aroused the carnal interest of every mare in town by rescuing countless foals and fillies from the oddly prevalent house fires that pop up in Ponyville the second a human male enters Equestria. All in the span of a couple hours. I, being one of the other human males there, will just roll my eyes because I still think I've snapped and am hallucinating ponies from the comfort of a padded room. I may or may not have Twilight botch another spell that accidentally summons an over-enthusiastic brony into the mix.)

1219848 Johnny: "Hey, you're not bad looking for a chick with four legs."
Applejack: Close up on AJ's face glaring back, Cut to Johnny flying across screen, loud crash, screen shake
Cut to Johnny lying next to barn, gets up "I think I'm gonna like it here."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22